+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on Other Planets

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life on Other Planets

Yes I do believe that there is more life out there. Maybe we are one kind of creature and there is no life like ours out there... but there has to be any other kind or of organisms. Like I said in other thread, it is very egocentric to think that "we are the only living creatures in the whooooooooooole universe"

There are a lot of places we haven't got in yet. We can barely go to Mars... there are other galaxies and stuff... we don't know what are in them... and I don't think that the universe is desolated and we are the only only ones left...
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

Otaku Simon Champion, Shanghi 2 Champion AstralMage01 is off to a good start AstralMage01's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe that there are other life forms in outer space, but I guess they're not like us I guess if there are other life forms they're goin' to be uni-cellular organisms or invisible life forms, so my answer is yes.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Aleister Sithis View Post
    Hardly sounded geeky enough for a year, try talking with absolute Star Wars nerd or DnD nerds, that's when it gets amazing lol.

Anywho, this theory catches my intrest (And usually I detest Scientific "Theories", for to me they do NOT equal up to fact, but that's me, call me a fool but what ever). A way I preceive this theory is of course, using Star Wars in an example, if what you're saying can be true, then in a different "reality" there is something known as The Force, a "Dark Side", "Jedi", "Sith". While to another there can be one but no the either, and another reality can have the many races seen in DnD, but that's just my whole mind relating with fantasy is saying. But also what you describe is saying, that what happens in one reality, something we think of can happen in some alter reality (Such as seeing the girl you "love" but not telling her you love her after knowing her for a while, yet in some other reality you do and things either go good in one reality or bad in the other). If so in a sense I see an edless streem almost of just actions happening linkng together. Hell in sense it's like an "Echo" so to say, like they do with "The Force (I am sorry for comparing Star Wars, I just...yeah...)

Sorry I'm just seeing if I caught on to that correctly, which catches my intrest even if I didn't.
    Pretty much exactly what I'm saying, though interesting examples . Heck, if you think about it, going off this theory, it might even be possible all these TV shows, movies & Anime we like watching are in fact other realities, the "creative" people who thought them up really just tapping in mentally & writing what they see...

Damn long train trips & overactive mind...

And as Kumabear76 said, humans have essentially literally just arrived when you consider the age of the universe. I would not be surprised one bit if there are civilizations out there far more advanced than our rowdy little play group. For that matter I wouldn't be surprised one bit if they've even visited us already.

It's a big universe. Anything is possible...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

These photos were taken with the Hubble telescope. Notice the vast amount of galaxies? These were taken at the "ends of the universe". Scientists believe these to be the farthest reaches of the universe. Still think there isn't life outside of Earth? For more info, go to HubbleSite -- Out of the ordinary...out of this world.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Its funny if you think about it. At every center of a galaxy is a super massive black hole. Yeah I know that was off topic but oh well.

Yeah Atomic, shove those pictures into the face of every nonboliever here.

Any way as any one can see the univers is HUGE with hundreds if not thousands of galaxys. How can any one say that life doesnt exist?

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    Its funny if you think about it. At every center of a galaxy is a super massive black hole. Yeah I know that was off topic but oh well.

Yeah Atomic, shove those pictures into the face of every nonboliever here.

Any way as any one can see the univers is HUGE with hundreds if not thousands of galaxys. How can any one say that life doesnt exist?
    I watched a show on the Discovery channel one time 'bout black holes and they say that black holes may actually be essential for life on other worlds. We even have one right here in the milky way, and the scientists on the show said that it was essential for life on earth. One way that it is essential is that the gravity pull caused by the black hole helps ta keep the earth from bein' pommeled by comets and stray meteors, so I say that ur comment has relevance, but that's jus' me.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

So, subtracting everything I've read so far aside, I'd honestly have to say NO.
    Why? Simply because it hasn't been proven yet.
    That's how I go with all my theroys. If it was never proven, then I can't honestly believe in it. Give me proof, I believe. Simple enough.
    Kind of a bad theroy though but whatever. It's my belief.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    So, subtracting everything I've read so far aside, I'd honestly have to say NO.
    Why? Simply because it hasn't been proven yet.
    That's how I go with all my theroys. If it was never proven, then I can't honestly believe in it. Give me proof, I believe. Simple enough.
    Kind of a bad theroy though but whatever. It's my belief.
    Fair enough. We're all entitled to believe what we want to believe.

I am curious though, what kind of evidence would you need to see? Would you need a conversation with an alien life form, or would a creditable pic be enough? Hell, would you need to see their home planet for yourself?

Just curious...

The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 ... LastLast