+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on Other Planets

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life on Other Planets

The location of our Sol system is infact on one of the outer arms of our galaxy, so in galaxy tearms we are in no mans land of the milky way. Our little Earth could very well be an Owaises out here in the middle of no where. So of cores we wont find Intelligent life right away because we are an island more or less. Pluss it takes about several hundred years for our trasmissions to reach the Vega system nearist to our own, and if there were Intelligent life in the Vega system it would take just as long for their transmissions to reach us.

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NevesElocin View Post
    Sorry but there is no intelligent life on other planets. If there were they would have contacted us by now the same way we are trying to contact them. it just doesn't exist.
    Have you ever thought that perhaps our technology just isn't capable enough to contact other intelligent life forms? What if their technology is the one that's inefficient? What if we're just too far away? Or perhaps "super civilizations" see humans as insignificant ants and have no desire to contact us? I mean hey, if I were part of a "super civilization" then I'd just cause all sorts of mayhem on other planets, sit back, and watch. Almost like that Twilight Zone episode Monsters are Due on Maple Street. To them, it might be playing a game of The Sims or SPORE...

Whether or not they are other intelligent life forms out there, I have to say, I don't know the answer. Whether I think something like that is possible... Well, there are other stars, other planets out there, and we're still struggling to get out there and explore.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

3. The Following User Says Thank You to abby724 For This Useful Post:

Eichiro (Mar 02, 2008)

Otaku FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral may be famous one day FallenSpiral's Avatar
    Thanks

I think that there are other forms of intelligence than us in the universe. I just think that they may be on other "planes" or ... I don't know the word for it. I can picture it... can't explain it.... but we can't see them... and we can't touch them... I'll have to get my Aunt Jackie to explain it... we sat down and talked about it one night.

Pro Utilitate Hominum LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator may be famous one day LordCastigator's Avatar
    You know that feeling, like you're being watched...
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FallenSpiral View Post
    I think that there are other forms of intelligence than us in the universe. I just think that they may be on other "planes" or ... I don't know the word for it. I can picture it... can't explain it.... but we can't see them... and we can't touch them... I'll have to get my Aunt Jackie to explain it... we sat down and talked about it one night.
    Would you mean parallel dimensions, realities existing in the same place at the same time, but never meeting?
    The Madman previously known as Daniel219

Wish I could get on here more often. *Sigh* The down side to night shift...

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Hmph, honestly, I don't think that "other lifeforms" live on other planets. Why do I think this? Because seriously, wouldn't we have found them by now? Or wouldn't they have at least sent a sighn that they were somewhere? I don't think so. Plus, if teher even was otehr life, it wouldn't be in our little solar system, or else we deffinatly would've found SOMETHING by now.

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    Hmph, honestly, I don't think that "other lifeforms" live on other planets. Why do I think this? Because seriously, wouldn't we have found them by now? Or wouldn't they have at least sent a sighn that they were somewhere? I don't think so. Plus, if teher even was otehr life, it wouldn't be in our little solar system, or else we deffinatly would've found SOMETHING by now.
    In a word, "no." You have ta think, it takes Light years ta travel from one star system ta the next and there r billions of star systems out there. So it would take a very long time, millions of generations in fact, jus' ta try and get from one star system ta the next. Not ta mention our current lack of technology ta b able ta effectively communicate wit those other lifeforms that may, or may not, exist on those other planets; let alone any ability ta travel ta those other systems. Whose ta say that they also lack that technology also? We can' b certain that they have technology that even equals ours, 'cause they're so far away, or that they even have intelligence. Even scientists say that it is very unlikely that we are the only species, in this vast blackness of space, that exists. We have no proof that there r other species out there, but we do have proof; thnx ta the Hubble telescope; that there r planets out there that meet the conditions for sustainin' life. That offers some evidence, however circumstancial, that there exists a very high probablity that there is life on other planets. The real question, like I stated earlier in this thread, isn' whether or not life on other planets exist, but whether or not they r intelligent lifeforms.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akura13 View Post
    I don't think you really know how large our galaxy is, let alone the universe. Think about it this way. The reason why we haven't found INTELAGENT life is because transmitting a signal of any type is below the speed of light, and light speed travels 299,792,458 meters per second in space. Now when people talk about light years, they are talking about the time it takes to travel from point A to point B with in a year traveling light speed. The nearest system is the Alpha Centaury which is 4.2421 light years away (Give or take.) Now they say there is a planet in the system that could support life, but life doesn't always mean intelligent life. I have stated before that life doesn't favor intelligence, life favors what ever survives best. So just because you might find some form of intelligent life doesn't mean it will continue to exist. That form of life could very well go extinct for many reasons and some thing else that is less intelligent will come out on top because it was able to adapt faster. When people think life on other planets most jumps to the conclusion that they are hyper advanced which is really dumb if you ask me. Say like finding any form of life is about 5,000 to 1. Finding intelligent life is more like 100,000 to 1. (All just a ruff estimate) Not to mention we are on the outer arm of our galaxy, we are in the middle of no where. Our galaxy is proximately 100,000 light years across, and 3,000 light years thick. The Milky Way galaxy ruffly holds up to 400 Billion stars, not counting planets. Thats a rather big neighborhood if you ask me and to say that we are the only ones with the lights on is kind of ignorent. Pluss, just because the lights are not on doesnt mean no body is home.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

In a word, "no." You have ta think, it takes Light years ta travel from one star system ta the next and there r billions of star systems out there. So it would take a very long time, millions of generations in fact, jus' ta try and get from one star system ta the next.
    Not Really, have you heard the theory on folding space? If one were able to do it via a worm hole or artificial means, they could go from one part of the galaxy to the next in an instant.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 ... LastLast