+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Life on Other Planets

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Life on Other Planets

Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix View Post
    I understand both your points here, but umm. Im going off the fact that after as long as we have been here i would think that we would have found some sort of "real" evidence. And in my opinion, in order to actually "believe" that there is some sort of alien lifeform, i would need to see it in person. Technology makes it too easy to make a fake photo or video. Hell truthfully even in person you cant say 100% its real. But for myself, i would say, in person.
    First off, humans have only been on this earth 'bout 500,000 years and it has only been a little over a 100 years ago that we started makin' many of the technological advances that we enjoy today. I think that u overestimate what mankind is truely capable of at this current time. It's much more difficult ta prove or disprove that life exists on other planets than u might think and u also haveta take inta account that not all lifeforms have a highly evolved sense of intellect or r even technologically capable. If other lifeforms exist and they r, at least, at the same level of technology as we r; then it would b jus' as difficult for them ta prove our existence as it would b for us ta prove theirs. This would include any communication and space travellin' technologies and, again, this is only IF any other lifeforms out there have, at least, the same level of technology as we do.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm taking an astrobiology class in college... "Life In The Universe"... Boy is it interesting.

Think of this:
    The Earth is part of a small solar system within the Milky Way Galaxy. Just in THIS galaxy, there are about 100 BILLION stars, like our Sun. There are vast groupings of galaxies spread out through the universe... Containing BILLIONS of other stars.
    It's so massive, how could we ever really know what's out there when we can't even fully explore our own solar system?

Think of this as well:
    Light years is how long it takes light to reach Earth - Enabling us to actually see it.
    That means, basically... If a star is 13.5 million light years away from us, we are actually viewing it the way it was 13.5 million years ago. We don't know what's going on in the present around that star. There could be life evolving as we speak!

My text book gives the example of trying to view the planets of a "nearby" star as: Being in Washington D.C. and trying to see marbles orbiting a grapefruit in California. LOL!!!

We truly don't know what's out there... Which is why I believe that there is some form of life out there. And the fact that all the elements needed for life are everywhere in the universe... If it happened here, who's to say it didn't happen in some other star system? ^_^

*I love this class!*

Dragonrider Ichigo_06 is off to a good start Ichigo_06's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe there actually is life on other planets, I mean there are other sun's in the soloar system right? so that would mean that there has to be at least one planet the same distance from it as the Earth is to our moon, that is able to support life, not too mention *tapping into memory* didn't scientists find frozen ponds on, lets see was it the moon or another plannet?, anyways they have found remnents of frozen water on different spherical bodies in space, known as planets. I strongly believe we are not the only planet that can suuport and or has life on it, we just may not have the technology yet to confirm it. However, I do believe, not only because I like astrology, and anything that is likely to show on the discovery channel, but my imagination is big. I dont think that all the UFO's sightings are only linked to the militaries testings.
    ナサン フォオツド
    Keep what you hold dear close for one day they may be gone forever!
    Make one person smile for it will continue to spread but if you make a frown that will spread as well.http://www.animeonline.net/gallery/s...0/ppuser/57173

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

My simple two cents:

There can be life out there... but I don't really care until we build either a space army or a space embassy.
    Because without either of those, we're screwed.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Spike'sRose and Joe Mage pretty much just repeated what I already have said. I would also like to thank Joe Mage for pointing out that the time Humans have been alive on Earth, that it has been only in the last 100 years we have been braking new grounds in technology and even less then that, about 50 years or so of actually looking out into space beyond our own solar system. So to say that we are the only ones out because we haven't heard anything now is like saying "Let's go camping... *30 seconds later*... I want to go home." And once again I said that just because there is life out there doesn't mean it will be intelligent!! I have said that 3 times now and I was right that when I said that the majority of people who think about life out there think that they are hyper advanced race. Those who think that well I just have to say this to you... You have been watching too many sci-fi movies. I will point out that once again, we are on the outer arm of our galaxy!! As shown in this image...

[IMG][/IMG]

As you can see, in a galactic sense, we are in the hicks and the hollers of our Galaxy. The reason why we haven't heard or seen anything that is undisputable evidence of life out there is because we are in a remote location. We live on a tropical Island in the sea of space. We are nothing more then mice squeeking on our Isalnd to mice squeeking on another Island. I would also like to point out that the little white cycle that my really crappy arrow is pointing to most likely has 100 other systems in it as well including our own. Maybe now you guys will understand just how small we really are.
    Last edited by Scourge; Mar 24, 2008 at 06:55 AM.

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Titanofdeath View Post
    I dont think there is life on another planet i will say that the the chruch has pretty much gave a good reason there can not be. And when i see that there is life on a nother planet i will just eat my words.
    i would like to point you to a very theological question then.

Is God Wasteful?

If the answer is no (and it is, he said so himself), then there is no way that God would make an infinite and growing universe and only put life on one planet. it just doesn't make sense. The Prophet Elijah (i think it was him, but it was some old testament prophet) asked God if mankind was alone in his struggle, and God replied "there are things which you are not meant to know". he didn't deny, but nor did he say yes. but without a denyal there is no closure

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

As you can see, in a galactic sense, we are in the hicks and the hollers of our Galaxy. The reason why we haven't heard or seen anything that is undisputable evidence of life out there is because we are in a remote location. We live on a tropical Island in the sea of space. We are nothing more then mice squeeking on our Isalnd to mice squeeking on another Island. I would also like to point out that the little white cycle that my really crappy arrow is pointing to most likely has 100 other systems in it as well including our own. Maybe now you guys will understand just how small we really are.

No, I think they're are lots of intelligent species out there. The reason they haven't visited or contacted is because were not really much of an interest to them. In other words were too primitive to spark their interest in us. Like how in star trek, were weren't taken notice until we developed warp drive.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

And i dont exactly think you got what i was saying. I was talking about humans tricking other humans into belief/disbelief of alien life. What the heck are you talking about? Im not overestimating our technology. If the government, or hell bill gates wanted us to think there were aliens, they have the technology to do it. They could "fool the masses" what is all that talk about us proving ourselves to aliens. We are debating if they are real at all, not how to contact them or prove OUR existence to them...

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Mage View Post
    First off, humans have only been on this earth 'bout 500,000 years and it has only been a little over a 100 years ago that we started makin' many of the technological advances that we enjoy today. I think that u overestimate what mankind is truely capable of at this current time. It's much more difficult ta prove or disprove that life exists on other planets than u might think and u also haveta take inta account that not all lifeforms have a highly evolved sense of intellect or r even technologically capable. If other lifeforms exist and they r, at least, at the same level of technology as we r; then it would b jus' as difficult for them ta prove our existence as it would b for us ta prove theirs. This would include any communication and space travellin' technologies and, again, this is only IF any other lifeforms out there have, at least, the same level of technology as we do.

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast