+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Light and Darkness = Good and Evil

Newbie MarxMayhem is off to a good start
    Thanks

Light and Darkness = Good and Evil

Good day, fellow AO members.

Here, let's discuss about what the concept of almost all of the fantasy anime/manga/game/novel out there is based on: Light is good and Darkness is Evil.

I for one do not believe this is the case. Both elements are merely the opposite sides of the same coin. It is evident in human history itself that "Light" was used in evil deeds back then, such as the Spanish using the Crusades to gain more wealth. No proof in the darkness part here, but we all know why so (reputation, d*mn whoever didn't wrote that in the books. >.>)

Putting some religion in the table, if darkness really is evil, then why did he let the night stay? Many things lurked in the night, but man gained many favors in times of wars and such.

Also, we have many darkness-based heroes right? Like Spawn and Devil May Cry's Dante (OK, maybe they're anti-heroes but still).

I wanna know how you think about this. So, post away.
    Last edited by MarxMayhem; Jul 14, 2009 at 08:04 AM. Reason: Hehe...I forgot about the not-made-darkness part. >.>. Thanks, aceman.

Photoshop GFX maker, artist, indoor lover, gamer, wannabe gamer in some titles! XD

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Light and Darkness = Good and Evil

Genesis Chapter 1, Verse 3-4: And God said let there be Light, and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

God didn't create darkness, it was simply there. You can't have one with out the other, as you said, they are two sides to the same coin.

And since "Good" and "Evil" are really just concepts, points of view really, what one person sees as good or evil, is different from what another person says.

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Darkness as evil probably comes from the fact that are primative ancestors could not see in the dark and were affraid. And dark clouds signalled storms. As for myself, definetaly I am part of darkness but I have no desire to reform, You can not keep this down, oh no baby.

God Of Angelz Submarine Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Pencak Champion, Grand Prix Challenge 2 Champion, Twelve Swap Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Crab Volleyball Champion, Hockey Shooter Champion, Trick Master Funky Champion, Mah-Jong Connect Champion, W.R.A.X. Champion dark1angel may be famous one day dark1angel's Avatar
    Thanks

In my case i would recall that i had been through alot of experience of both darkness and light and i never had fatal opposition about what i am truly am in my life. The whole adversary of good and evil are kinda of differential in true life but in our minds it creates a total different dimension, because it has become more of a big deal i'm not saying that there both the same is just what i think of the possibility that very soon we all will become under the spell of darkness sooner or later.

Magic intervenes when there is love in first sight.
    |アスタロス|

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe it could all be a matter of perception.
    If you think you're an absolute good, light so to speak, then you're probably haughty, arrogant, and twisted within your ambitions, looking down upon other as "Darkness"...When in reality, your own self is the one slipping. Generally, I think people of "Light" probably don't even think of themselves as that and just carry on being the good people they are...of course, being purely good is practically impossible, I could put Biblical references in there. Such as even if you look at a person bad it's considered murder, a sin. If you look at a person lustfully, you have committed adultery. I think it all comes down to your own thoughts. If by heart you think good, and act the part, you probably are. Those who think superior in any way, probably darkness. Though it could be jusy not even that. I'm not really sure, but that's my two-cents.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Newbie xXFlaraXxKeiLok is off to a good start
    Thanks

Light and Dark are the same thing basically but at the same time can be a completely different thing once you think of it. many people think that light is good because it is darkness, night time, and those that goes bump in the night that frighten them and they keep that in mind that the night, the darkness is evil and should stay clear out of it. as for light is the sun, the light you see when you go to heaven. but you cannot have one without the other, everywhere you go there is those two together dancing. in a way you see light and dark fighting to be the top, to see which is better. but like i said you can't have one without the other you need both and light isn't always good. a guy who wants to do Gods work went and killed over thousand of people thinking that they are evil, or you want to hide out and don't want to be seen, you wanna hide and that where darkness can be good. it's the way you see the two one may not be what it seem and it may be the other who might surpise you.
    Flara Kei_Lok [take care]

+ Reply to Thread