Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: On line dating.

Otaku MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS may be famous one day MisMelS's Avatar
    In a world where I can't be hurt anymore....
    Thanks

On line dating.

I recently joined E-Harmony to try to find someone. I found a wonderful guy by the name of Scott. After being together for 3 months he dumped me. My question is this; what do you think about internet dating and the whole E-Harmony, Match.com, Chemestry.com rage.

THANK YOU SASURAIHELL!!! YOU ROCK!!!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to MisMelS For This Useful Post:

PrincessIchigo (Dec 07, 2008)

Otaku DemonicKagomeTahoshi is off to a good start DemonicKagomeTahoshi's Avatar
    Always with my lover in his hearts, or with him no matter what
    Thanks

Re: On line dating.

i think it's wrong cause people should be matched by what they find in eachother, instead of haveing a machine do it for them.

§-Breakdown-§ Breakout Champion, Bubble Popper Champion Akura13 may be famous one day Akura13's Avatar
    Thanks

Ah, well, I think it can be good, and bad~

Like, for those major online dateing companies, I think it's nice if you want to date someone that bad~ But sometimes it can work out really well, and sometimes it can go horribly wrong. Example? My sister. She used that E-Harmony thing, and she ended up getting a real loser for a guy, so yeah. Second time she tried, she found out that he went to jail five times recently. So, yeah. It can go either way.

Also, for me, I think that it's not all so good. I mean, I think you should know the person before you start dateing. On teh internet, you don't know who the heck you're getting. So, yeah. That's how I feel about InterNet dateing~! ^^

Phantasmagoria Lives On In The Hearts Of Their Fans, Japanese AND English!
    "Because it's okay to hide your tears." - LM.C (Lovely Mocochang)

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Akura13 For This Useful Post:

Sakura Uchiha (Dec 06, 2008)

Àddïctëd tø |ăüghïñg :) Sonny Sunshine Champion, Volcano Champion, Aquarium Sprengischen Champion, Spiderman Web of Words Champion, Look Alive Champion iluvmyloser is off to a good start iluvmyloser's Avatar
    Thanks

Um..well..No. Haha. Are you serious? Internet dating can sometimes be a scam. You dont know who you're really messing with. So..no. ^^
    Yeah, Bye.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to iluvmyloser For This Useful Post:

darkangel1240 (Oct 19, 2008)

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well personly i think lookn for it issnt always good ... i donno what there not point in just finding

i think its a hell of alot better when u just fall inlove tbh even if its abit harder to tell them tbh

well i have been with my bf for near 7 months now and he lives in the isle of man and i live in ireland and my mum wont let me go see him so it kinda sucks tbh

but to be in love with somone u met online it depends on who the person is tbh just make sure u know alot about them before even atempting fallin for them...i guess thats why i fall for my guy firends most of the time....i donno cos me and my bf were friends before we were dating

Otaku Click The Colour Champion darkangel1240 is off to a good start darkangel1240's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by iluvmyloser View Post
    Um..well..No. Haha. Are you serious? Internet dating can sometimes be a scam. You dont know who you're really messing with. So..no. ^^
    i agree! You should know the person! I mean only people who are desperate for a bf or a gf do online dating.

Vampire Freaks☠I am not going 2 be on for awhile... ☠

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to darkangel1240 For This Useful Post:

awesomeparty12 (Oct 28, 2008), iluvmyloser (Oct 31, 2008)

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

Well that is a tricky question, it is both good and bad and it all depends on age and maturity of both people. The saying that friends usually make the best lovers, is mostly true, but you still need really look at what you want. A quick fling, someone that you can have a good time with, or someone that you would like to stay with for the rest of your life.

I'll admit that the internet is a tad bit safer then just going out to bars, at least for the females, but there is always the point of not really knowing who is really on the other end of that keyboard. Those sites aren't really that bad, however, it is normally better to use other means to find someone. If you choose to talk with people in chats and on other sites that you actually use, you can sometimes get a better judge of thier character. But you still need to be cautious, in the worst case senaro you would end up with another friend, that is if you go in with the intention to just make friends. If it gose beyond that, then good, if it doesn't no big loss.

From what I have hear from other people about Eharmony and the like, most people are never really truthful as to who are what they really are looking for, the also tend to look at themselves through rose colored glasses, so to say. So most of the time the information that is on there about them is flaud in someway. It is all about trial and error, if you choose that route, then be ready for quite a few disapointments. Though it really isn't any different from meeting someone in a bar, only to find out that your personalitys don't match. If your looking for someone, I wish you the best of luck in your search, however I have found that love finds you when you stop looking for it.

Newbie Moonlit Paradise is off to a good start Moonlit Paradise's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MisMelS View Post
    I recently joined E-Harmony to try to find someone. I found a wonderful guy by the name of Scott. After being together for 3 months he dumped me. My question is this; what do you think about internet dating and the whole E-Harmony, Match.com, Chemestry.com rage.
    LOL. Not to come off as rude or b!tchy, but you joined E-Harmony to try and find someone. As did he. Obviously, you weren't it. Sorry.

I think those sites are pretty valid. I know people who met through an internet site and got married and had kids! It's just all about 'networking', lol. I hate to use that word, but it's true. Maybe he was just looking. Just like you were. You thought you found someone, and maybe he did too, but maybe he also wanted to test his waters, which is perfectly A-okay, too.

Good luck in the future. Maybe you will be someone's "I wish I'll find somebody" significant other!! The thing is, you have to be clear. Like I've said in other threads, Communication is key. Maybe he wanted to be in an open relationship, maybe he's been hinting that he isn't ready for a long-term commitment. You guys were just at different points in your lives, or something along those lines. My advice,

Don't take it too seriously. It's the internet, for one. Just have fun, and if it's meant to be, it'll happen. Don't sweat it.

But, if opportunity doesn't knock... build a damn door.

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Moonlit Paradise For This Useful Post:

awesomeparty12 (Oct 21, 2008), LostbutFound (Oct 21, 2008), MisMelS (Oct 19, 2008), PrincessIchigo (Dec 07, 2008)

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast