+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: To live without lies?

Newbie zefielyn is off to a good start
    Thanks

To live without lies?

The debate is 'Would you like to live without lies?' I assume it will mutate into 'Is it wrong to tell lies?' and 'Can society handle veracity?' but that isn't my intention.
    "So take a piece, but not too much."

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To live without lies?

Hell no I don't wanna live without lies! Lies are there to protect vulnerable feelings and keep important secrets. No one can live by being truly honest. If one was honest all the time, they'd get taken advantage of or they'd piss someone off unintentionally. Lies are there to keep problems from happening.

*shrug* It's human to be a dirty dirty liar.

Otaku Genma758 is off to a good start
    Thanks

lies? well all lies are not good but there r timea that u have to lie to keep something hidden or if u need to keep somone from getting hurt the only thing i dont like about lies are the idea that if somone finds out its allways hurtful thats what i hate about lies i try not to lie in my life no more i know it does no good really
    The Man Who Knows War

And the Cutie at his Shoulder

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

If a person can't accept the truth, lie is there to protect the vulnerable ^^
    For example if I tell you that everything is fine, you will at ease. If I know that you gets worry and upset when I tell you the truth that relates to being cheated, someone's death, stuff that will get you worry and upsets = I'm just asking for trouble! making the listener Unease THERE FOR Lies are there to help Keep private life away from unwanted. ;-) there is such thing as GOOD Lies
    "Promise me that this is just between you and me ok?" < Ofcourse have to aggree enable to get the info. :-)
    Example will be hearing this from your father: "You are stong enough to hear this... Actually we are not your real parents, and your real parent just die recently, very sorry about that" << SHOCKER!

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Hell no I don't wanna live without lies! Lies are there to protect vulnerable feelings and keep important secrets. No one can live by being truly honest. If one was honest all the time, they'd get taken advantage of or they'd piss someone off unintentionally. Lies are there to keep problems from happening.

*shrug* It's human to be a dirty dirty liar.
    Yah that`s right Taurus and could never possibly live without telling a single lie in the whole day..>>>>>

and sometimes lies are always for those like to do it[i even do it thrice a day ...>>]

cuz i was a super big LIAR!!![just ask my mother bout the whole thing]..>>>
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Thanks

I wouldn't want to go without lies, either. Lies protect us from seeing ourselves as we truly are. I'd venture to say that there isn't a relationship that could stand to go without lies.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zefielyn View Post
    The debate is 'Would you like to live without lies?'
    I already do and I like it very much. I never have to worry if my family is telling me the truth and my children know that they can always come to me for the facts even if it's just "I don't think you should know that right now". Dealing with others that don't necessarily have the same values is much more difficult and stressful. I have to watch what they do and say then think about it and figure out what they really meant... I prefer my families way of doing things thank you.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

I see. It seems that you live without lies, but don't necessarily live with full disclosure. But you never lie, even if it's 'I'm fine' to 'How are you?' That's pretty amazing. I feel that there's almost a usual, if not natural, progression for children to lie to their parents at the point when they feel they need privacy, or just testing the waters.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast