+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: To live without lies?

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To live without lies?

Geez....>>>
    Hehehehe[laughs horribly] while talking.....>>>
    I can`t live without lies i was purpose to be born a LIAR.....>>>
    But my lies actually always get me into trouble...>>
    HAhahahha..>>
    Im just a bad ass LIAR[arounf]^_^
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zefielyn View Post
    I see. It seems that you live without lies, but don't necessarily live with full disclosure. But you never lie, even if it's 'I'm fine' to 'How are you?' That's pretty amazing. I feel that there's almost a usual, if not natural, progression for children to lie to their parents at the point when they feel they need privacy, or just testing the waters.
    I have a lot of practice. I decided to give up lying entirely when I was 15 or 16? I'm not sure exactly, since it's been a while. I let my friends know my decision and warned them not to ask me questions they didn't want answers to and asked them to do the same for me. I quickly gained a reputation of being tactless for a few years but didn't mind since they also knew I could be trusted. Over the years I have learned tact, you can be tactful and not lie, polite and not lie, and kind without lies. It just requires that you yourself be kind, polite, and tactful/caring because when you live without lies what you truly show is yourself, unvarnished and unmasked.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    I let my friends know my decision and warned them not to ask me questions they didn't want answers to and asked them to do the same for me.
    nice post, and welcome back Arri, great to see you back

I also have the same attitude towards telling lies to others, but mine isnt from a personal aspect but rather an old fashioned "my momma told me not to tell lies".,

I've been lied to constantly whether it be small things or big things,(my sister is an actual compulsive liar so i know if people lie or not.) and i know they do hurt a lot that people don't respect you enough to tell you the truth especially about the small "white lies". I myself can't bring myself to lie, its not a nice to feeling to me that people who do believe your lies are putting their trust in you no matter how little the lie is.(i may a jerk sometimes to people, but im a friendly honest jerk )

I can honestly say i havent told any lies to the people i know(i can proudly say that because im proud of my truths, its a better feeling then getting away from something, i also dont care if people say im a liar because i believe in myself). thats why as a kid i always got in trouble for breaking windows because back then if they didnt ask, i didnt have to lie XD!!

are there good lies?., of course if its to save someones feelings or what not,
    any other good reasons to lie?

Otaku crimson is off to a good start crimson's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't know exactly. but think of it in a general way:

nobody can live without lies
    without it, there would only be truth
    and with truth comes the steepest price

pain
    think of it this way... not telling the entire truth is called withholding and withholding is a lie , because you do not choose to be truthful in it's entirety, then you have lied.

and what comes with not being able to withhold information? hurting people, and putting people at risk. we choose to withhold information for a purpose.

when someone asks you:
    "so what did <insert name here> tell you about <inseret name/situation/whatever here>?"
    if <insert name here> was your best friend. and told you not to tell anyone. and you said yes.
    how would you react.
    not doing so would be to withhold the truth, and to do so would mean breach of promise. both are lies.

i don't know... lies are an integral part of survival and living a proper morally upright life... it's like choosing whether to allow hatred or not, or resentment perhaps...

it is a morally gray area... but the world cannot agree on one single decision. that's what makes it an integral part of life. and without it, the world would be nothing but chaotic.
    i'll choose to love whoever i wish to love and nobody can stop me from doing so ----

crimson
    edited from SamBakZa.net

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

nobody can live without lies
    without it, there would only be truth
    and with truth comes the steepest price
    pain
    Yap..your right crimson....>>
    No one could possibly Lie in this whole world...
    I guess lying would make you happy or hurt than the usual...
    Im a born a LIAR..
    But when i always get caught lying....
    Even the world leaders "LIES" around in the people of a country or state...>
    Even Bush lied to Iraq...He`s only purpose was to kill Sadame Hussain...
    Hey this THREAD could actually burst out the LIAR`S in AO[well im of them]BUT there are more around..
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Otaku Drifting 2 Champion fiqx is off to a good start fiqx's Avatar
    Thanks

its hard to live without lies because i think sometimes we have to take care of

someone feelings for example if she or he want you to taste her/his cook then it

taste like suck...you still have to lie that it taste so tasty(if me i won't lie about

that,because its terrible,well its just an example)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by crimson View Post
    i don't know exactly. but think of it in a general way:

think of it this way... not telling the entire truth is called withholding and withholding is a lie , because you do not choose to be truthful in it's entirety, then you have lied.
    Actually it is not. A lie of omission is when you don't say something knowing that it will lead to someone believing or assuming something that is not true. Simply not telling someone something or not telling people everything is not lying, unless it leads to this kind of deceit. In fact often it is just not their business or is just unimportant.

The key word is deceit. If you say or do not say something with intent to deceive you are lying. It is a very important distinction people really need to understand.
    Saying something that you believe but turns out to not be true is being mistaken or incorrect.
    Finding out it was incorrect/untrue is being corrected.
    Keeping secrets to yourself is showing respect.
    Keeping secrets from others they effect is disrespectful.
    Not saying something you know will hurt others is kind.
    Not warning them before they are hurt by others is unkind.
    None of these are lies.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Zero666Mitaki is off to a good start
    Thanks

A world without lies huh? You would think that would make the world a better place right? Sure that means everyone can know the truth but maybe somethings are better off being lied about. Maybe there are things on Earth that should stay as a lie. Perhaps society would not be able to handle the truth to some degree. Sure knowing more would be better but not if it gives negative influence or makes someone mad.......Kinda like when you lie about your gf/wife looking fat in a dress. Do you REALLY wanna tell her the truth or make her happy WITHOUT being slapped upside the head?

If time is just an illusion, then does that mean one's life is a waste?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast