+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: To live without lies?

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To live without lies?

sadly,sometimes a lie can cause world peace. and cause your girlfriend not to hate you.
    That`s a good though and true to the nearest nerves in the KEYBOARD!!!
    Well i experience it 2 times but i solved things right before it became more worse..
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Otaku nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz may be famous one day nightboyz's Avatar
    Thanks

If we coulden't lie then everyone would be right no one would be wrong.
    The problem would start with religon...
    Every one will think there way of life to be the "holy" path but the problem is no one knows what is the right oneis or if its even been found yet untill we die.
    Then it will be who killed so-n-so and if we cant lie "I didn't do it" will be enof and no more investagating will be done on that person.
    Mabe hes/shes got a split personaty and cant remember so when hes/shes asked they wont know for certen.
    Last but not least will we still have free will anymore, I say no for we will be forced by an unknow force to tell the truth forever no mater what to witch can drive a person mad.
    If you don't blieve me watch LierLier and say you don't HAHA!
    Kamen Rider....DECADE!!!

Devoted Otaku kimihiro is off to a good start kimihiro's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe it's imposible to live without lies...
    As i fell it's almost imposible to all people to live together.
    And lies are a way to fit better to other persons...
    I see lies as a good thing, it's a good way to protect my spirit...
    So i ahev easy to lie, to all people around me...
    Surender or fall, it's no other way to turn.

Devoted Otaku Wuzzler Champion, Stan James Freekick Champion, Sports Bar Champion, Kill Tweety Champion, Bloody Pingu Champion, One Ton Bang Bang Champion receiverofhell may be famous one day receiverofhell's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe it's imposible to live without lies...
    As i fell it's almost imposible to all people to live together.
    And lies are a way to fit better to other persons...
    I see lies as a good thing, it's a good way to protect my spirit...
    So i have easy to lie, to all people around me...
    HEY! your just like me....
    Infact even the world leaders sometimes lies to each to protect their own causes.....
    and if you didn't lie..
    It would happen eventually for a while!
    I loved her so much.... i would dare to risk my own life only to save her from dying....
    I loved my GF...
    http://i52.tinypic.com/zxa8pj.jpg[/IMG

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zefielyn View Post
    The debate is 'Would you like to live without lies?' I assume it will mutate into 'Is it wrong to tell lies?' and 'Can society handle veracity?' but that isn't my intention.
    Lies are the safety net for the hard truth. Lies are sometimes necessary
    in different and complex situations. And no i believe that if the goverments all
    over the world started telling the truth, there would be a mass epidemic of heart attacks.

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

I've lied for most of my life (my form of protection as a child, it became my thing), and I was darn good at it.

Though I believe lying is "good" for protection for and from others... I do believe living life without lies would be nice...

...I've lived so much of my life in lies that it always feels nice to have a positive effect from just telling the truth. ...it's comforting.
    I'd like it if my life wasn't filled with things that caused so much fear to create lies. If life were without lies (everyone being affected) then it'd be much more different.

But... here's the thing, "What's a lie?".
    Something differing from the actual truth?
    No, it's a verbal expression to hide, smear, create a new, or change the truth by an audience judgement.
    If you lied to a tree, you'd only be lying to yourself.
    But if you truly believed that lie, then there's no audience to claim it's a lie.
    Then in that sense, it's no lie.

If language didn't exist, what would a lie be?
    Physical hiding? Stealing? No... those have their own words.

In reality, everything we say is a lie. Because it's impossible to completely express how we feel into words. We can place the vibe of the feelings, the sense of the argument, the passing of knowledge - all of it into words, but it still won't be enough to fully express what we're trying to pass onto others.

It takes more than words to tell the truth... it takes actions, feeling, looks, and mutual understanding.

Without those, all we speak are lies.

Lies should never seem acceptable, and it should never be strived for.
    ...it's just as harmful as physical actions, as it will affect people in the long run.
    No such thing as a harmless lie. All lies, all words, all actions are harmful, for all of them have a consequence.
    What there is, is a degree to the consequences you create.
    And no one should try to raise that consequence for personal benefits. It just back-fires.

Like I said, I'd like to live a life without lies... but it's technically impossible according to my definition.

...but as with all things, there are good things. Even in lies, we find beautiful things such as stories, songs, poems, and amazing expressions~! In lies, we find amazing entertainment and joy. Actors lie all the time. Most singers lie in their songs. Fictional stories are lies.

... in all honesty, all things that require words have lies found in them.
    ... and in all honesty, I don't think words are that great.
    I still grunt and make noises to express how I feel exactly. And it's much more efficient.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Soshi Kitai For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Mar 26, 2009)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai View Post
    Like I said, I'd like to live a life without lies... but it's technically impossible according to my definition.
    That would be because your definition is incorrect. You may not care but it will effect how you interact with others if you have a misconception of that. Lies are speaking or refraining from speaking with the intent to deceive. That is it. Nothing more and nothing less. Treat everything in life like a lie however and you will find eventually that no one trusts you. On the other hand you can live your life with the truth and be like my grandfather, the kind of man that could walk into a bank when over 60 years old and take out a 20 year loan because they knew he could be trusted.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Had no idea that refraining to speak counted as a lie.
    Though I suppose allowing a lie to go on without speaking the truth counts as a lie.

Wasn't saying I treat everything in the world like a lie, but I was saying that speaking complete truth in my definition would be difficult. And that if language didn't exist we wouldn't really be "lying".
    But on second thought, I suppose lying would still exist... camouflage on animals are meant to deceive other animals in order to survive. Some animals mimic other animals to deceive other animals for the same reason.
    ...but I suppose in that sense, those creatures can't "not lie" in a physical sense.

But that's in my definition, of which you still see as wrong due to its original definition.

I was just trying to take the definition into a different context and see if it'd work outside its usual use.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast