Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: love?

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: love?

Quote Originally Posted by Exoparadapsyphobia
    Haha, proven science is all around you. The medicine you take when you have a cold, the computer in front of your face, the weapons we use to fight wars, the cars we drive to our jobs, the light we use to see at night, even the very room you sit in and the bible itself is a result of science . The entire world as we know it today is sitting on a concrete foundation of science. I would be incredibely impressed if you could prove any part of science false.
    You misunderstood me. I didn't call science as fake or false, what I said was that all of it cannot be called as factual! Most of science is explained by theories, which are not facts. They are changed from time to time. Just the same, science cannot prove that the theological stand point of love is false.

Science does explain most of what is physical, and what you see around you. I didn't say that was wrong. Then again, God is the father of science.

Very well, this discussion is going off topic, so let's stick with the main question.
    Last edited by kedar; May 29, 2006 at 09:32 PM.

Devoted Otaku Nympho may be famous one day Nympho may be famous one day Nympho's Avatar
    Thanks

Love is a necessity to live. To be loved. But love is not just that.

To heal, to BE Healing. And to do this, we must BE Whole. We must BE LOVE. To love, unconditionally — no resentments, no bitterness, no hostility, no animosity, no antagonism, no pique, no anger, no rancor. Feed the famished affections! Just love — unapologetically! This includes loving who we are; spending time with people who bring out the best in us. Love embracing itself is always embracing. Our highest sense of right is self-forgetfulness as constant prayer. This brings us home to Love.
    -Kathleen Clementson

I'm a glass child. I am Hannah's regrets. Monster.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Love is not a necessity, per se...

It's needed to function happily and live and continue and survive as a species and etc etc!

...... but if you're just saying it generally: Of course love isn't needed.

Without it, man is corrupted to a state of "evil" which is improbably reversable.
    Destruction, apathy, pain, anguish, and all such will spread faster than wildfire.
    Species will die almost immediately, civilizations would fall amazingly.

Even the simplest love can stop that all.

However, without it... let's just say: "It's a bitch x1000" ...

<_<

^u^ Yay!

Newbie Heavy_metal_goddess may be famous one day Heavy_metal_goddess may be famous one day Heavy_metal_goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

Love is something that today has been watered down by socity, and all it's B.S.
    But love is a bittersweet lullabye we all hear at one point in our lives.
    Live as you'll die tomorrow and dream as you will live forever-James Dean

Come to the dark side we have cookies!

Otaku mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl may be famous one day mixed fighter girl's Avatar
    Thanks

hmm why do we fall in love? hmmm i...really don't know ^_^ but it just happens and sometimes we can't do anything about it. it is only a necessity when u want it to be...otherwise it's ur choice...most of the time.
    I will fight until i find what i'm looking for...you can not judge me on my apperence I am a Warrior. If you have a problem with me..... then my blades will meet your neck.

Newbie G_khan may be famous one day G_khan may be famous one day G_khan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Soshi Kitai
    Without it, man is corrupted to a state of "evil" which is improbably reversable.
    Destruction, apathy, pain, anguish, and all such will spread faster than wildfire.
    Species will die almost immediately, civilizations would fall amazingly.
    I think your being a bit overly dramatic. Love is the privledge of man and wether other organisms feel it is not for me to say. But i highly doubt that man will simply "stop" because of love's absence.

Destruction, apathy....from the above it would seem that all these products come from the absence of love, its opposite...hate? Is hate really love's opposite? If thats the case then love is the definitive term in understanding hate, but if that term were to removed then what...? Hate and its products would lose all meaning. Ive always seen love as an absolute, one side of the spectrum and just as you cannot have hate without love, those of love's lesser emotions would also become inconsequential. Affection, compassion, empathy and feelings of camaraderie all have their equivilent opposites and without them would we know such things as pain or anguish? Would we even care?

I believe man would continue, for how can we resist our genes - the drive for survival. You overstate because in the end our fates would be far worse..
    spirits are aallllwwwaaayss wwiiiiiiitthhhh yyyoooouuuuuuuuuu bbbbbooooohahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hah......

Newbie Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon may be famous one day Leatoon's Avatar
    Thanks

There have been plenty of people that speak about love.....

I think love is what binds the world together.... With out love there would be no you and no me!!!!!!!
    Don't try and avoid temptation, as you get older it will avoid you....

Otaku bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper may be famous one day bloodymoonreaper's Avatar
    Thanks

We were created to love. It is part of us and it pretty much defines us. I think it is something very important because it is what keeps us going or gives us some sort of hope....
    Bloodymoonreaper

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast