+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Lowering Military Standards- Fair or Unfair?

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Lowering Military Standards- Fair or Unfair?

a woman may be allowed to join the military these days, but is it fair to the male soldiers for them to have to meet higher physical standards? in every sevice besides the Marine corps, a Female hoping to enter the branch will have to complete less training and such then men do. the Marines have been criticized for not lowering their standards.

what i ask of you, Anime Online, is this- is it morally right to have different qualifications for different people? would not the best force be created by having the same standards for anyone entering the force, male or female? i think so, what about you?

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Lowering Military Standards- Fair or Unfair?

I myself don't like the military but I do respect the ones who are truley trying to protect us. Well I think that it wrong to lower th standards. If your going to protect our country you need to be the best of the best. Hence the commercials you see.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

I for one like and have a high respect for our military. I do not believe it to be wise to lower the standards for others, Females in this case, to have a lower qualification to alow them into the armed forces, simply because war is not going to make it easier for you just because your Female. The battle is not going to bring it down a notch, its only going to get worse. If you dont have the propper training, the level of skill involved, your chances of winding up dead greatly increases.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

When I first started basic training for the Army and found out that women get to run their two-mile in far more time and do far less push/sit-ups, I thought it was completely unfair. But then you watch these girls excersise with you and--no offense ladies--unless their hardcore atheletes, they're not gonna be able to "compete" on an equal playing field with the guys. I DID however get to see those rare gems. The women who can run two miles in twelve minutes and do about 100 push ups in two minutes.

It's just a matter of your physical capabilities, really. I personally think that when you take your physical to enlist in the military, they should document those kinds of facts, so they know exactly what to expect from you when you get there.

Newbie Chosunguy86 is off to a good start Chosunguy86's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with Scourge. I think it's absolutely ludicrious that we have to lower the standards for women... War isn't going to set seperate rules for women and men. It will never differentiate the two. Men and women are both going to face the exact same situations and conditions so why make it easier for the women?

"Wise man say forgiveness is divine, but never pay full price for a late pizza"

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

It depends. Do the women get the same kind of tasks in the military as men? And of the same intensity? If they do then the requirements should be the same. If they don't then they shouldn't.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It depends. Do the women get the same kind of tasks in the military as men? And of the same intensity? If they do then the requirements should be the same. If they don't then they shouldn't.
    Currently, US Army regulations do not permit women to serve in front line combat duty. However, this distinction is a moot point, as in the time of war, (and has been demonstrated in the Iraq occupation), as there is nothing to prevent the enemy from attacking supply convoys, or staging commando raids behind the well defined front lines.

The other thing to consider is that are the requirements absolutely essential for combat duty, or do they serve as a 'glass ceiling' to prevent women from advancing in rank for the limited Army officer leadership positions.
    Last edited by Hassun; Mar 12, 2008 at 03:24 PM. Reason: mute --> moot
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

i say its unfair. and me i love my military i am a navy brat. so yea.

Like everyone keeps saying war is not going to go down a notch.
    and if you want to best women to be in the military then they
    need to be pushed just as hard as the men do.

and yes sometimes your body is different but it doesn't mean that it should be split down between men and women.
    some men cant do the same things as other men and the same is for women. it just depends.

so no they shouldn't have different workouts for women than men.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast