+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lowering Military Standards- Fair or Unfair?

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Lowering Military Standards- Fair or Unfair?

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Currently, US Army regulations do not permit women to serve in front line combat duty. However, this distinction is a moot point, as in the time of war, (and has been demonstrated in the Iraq occupation), as there is nothing to prevent the enemy from attacking supply convoys, or staging commando raids behind the well defined front lines.

The other thing to consider is that are the requirements absolutely essential for combat duty, or do they serve as a 'glass ceiling' to prevent women from advancing in rank for the limited Army officer leadership positions.
    I was more inclined to think the different military standards were physical in nature. As in endurance, physical strength, etc. As this is the area where women just can't compete with men.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

If those standards are for combat readiness reasons they should absolutely not be lowered and from what I have read they were based on just that. I have no problem with lower standard for support services as long as those services never go anywhere near the lines (as Len mentioned even supply caravans can be hit). However, in reverse I think that if a woman, one of "those rare gems" can meet the higher standards that men do there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed the same combat opportunities. Any chance we can get them all together in the same unit? Let the jihadist beware! We have m4l> 4m42()n5 on our side!

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    If those standards are for combat readiness reasons they should absolutely not be lowered and from what I have read they were based on just that. I have no problem with lower standard for support services as long as those services never go anywhere near the lines (as Len mentioned even supply caravans can be hit). However, in reverse I think that if a woman, one of "those rare gems" can meet the higher standards that men do there is no reason they shouldn't be allowed the same combat opportunities. Any chance we can get them all together in the same unit? Let the jihadist beware! We have m4l> 4m42()n5 on our side!
    well that is true but it is also true that in the way of genetics (no offence to any females) that men do have a better stamina and things like that. So it is true that women should not have to do more.
    It is also true that the "standerds" of the human today is very... poor...
    It might be usefull to "lower the bar" as some might say but it is also true that some people should work harder than others to be prepared for war.
    Last edited by basilisk888; Mar 13, 2008 at 03:41 PM.
    death and life are one and the same

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by basilisk888 View Post
    I might be usefull to "lower the bar" as some might say but it is also true that some people should work harder than others to be prepared for war.
    I agree that the best way is to work hard, if you cant do it because you don’t have the will power or physical endurance, regardless male or female then I say you don’t belong on the battle field, because if you cant make it through boot camp, so to speak, then what makes you think you will last in an actual combat situation.

Newbie TealGreenFrog is off to a good start TealGreenFrog's Avatar
    Thanks

It really depends on the standards of each branch also. When I was talking to recruiters, the US Marine Corps seemed to have more of a strict standard in military standards for boot camp than the US Air Force, for males and females. To my understanding, (I could be wrong), if someone got of the service and went back in through a different branch, the only branch that did not have to go through boot camp again was the US Marines, if they had US Marine boot camp previously.
    TealGreenFrog

"Don't look back. If you got something to do, then only look forward." - Kurogane ( RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE)

Learn, live, laugh, GROW 5 Card Draw Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Connect 4 Champion, Long Jump Champion, Collapse Champion, BALLZ! Champion, Rotamania Champion, Rotations Champion, Hishi Champion, Domino Pressure Champion, Fun_game1 Champion, Road Blocks Champion, Puzzle Maniax Champion, Cloud Breakout Champion lebasiara may be famous one day lebasiara's Avatar
    Thanks

Well men and women are very different even physically. The resistance of a man and the resistance of a woman is not the same. Women we are storng but... men... more often are stronger than us... plus we are talking about the militia... they are battleing not only to not get killed but also they are representing and "defending" their country. Whatever he or she is (soldier, marine or from the airforce) s/he has to be able to resist to be attacked... and the enemy is not going to contemplate if the soldier is being pushed to mre than his/her limit... so they have to be prepared... for anything.
    ... that's just me... ^_^
    Nothing less from Pyro ^_^ Great Sig ^_^ THANK YOU!!!!
    C:\Documents and Settings\MARA\My Documents\My Pictures\Anime room\sigs\music_sig1 mia ^_^.jpg
    "show me.... THE BEAST!!!" The Beauty and the Beast movie

7. The Following User Says Thank You to lebasiara For This Useful Post:

basilisk888 (Mar 13, 2008)

AO #1 (fill in the blank) KungFu Basil Champion, Lost In The Jungle Champion, Heli Attack 2 Champion basilisk888 is off to a good start basilisk888's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lebasiara View Post
    Well men and women are very different even physically. The resistance of a man and the resistance of a woman is not the same. Women we are storng but... men... more often are stronger than us... plus we are talking about the militia... they are battleing not only to not get killed but also they are representing and "defending" their country. Whatever he or she is (soldier, marine or from the airforce) s/he has to be able to resist to be attacked... and the enemy is not going to contemplate if the soldier is being pushed to mre than his/her limit... so they have to be prepared... for anything.
    ... that's just me... ^_^
    true, true, true, true!!! THat post is so true! Well I agree with that well about 99%
    Also if they are not prepared and go into battle without the proper training they will not be sent home they will be sent out there and will most likely die! There is in some countries that children are better at useing a gun than some of the marine's and that is just scarry... They should not lower the "bar" but they mybe should raise it upp a little (maybe, that's upp to the militrary's)
    death and life are one and the same

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2