+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mark My Words

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Mark My Words

"Mark my words. It will not be six months before the world tests Barack Obama like they did John Kennedy. The world is looking,"
    -Joe Biden

...and it has already begun.

Russia will deploy short-range missiles near Poland to counter U.S. military plans in Eastern Europe, President Dmitry Medvedev has warned, setting a combative tone that clashed with global goodwill over Barack Obama's election.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday congratulated Barack Obama on his election win -- the first time an Iranian leader has offered such wishes to a U.S. president-elect since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.

Two Iraqi insurgent groups called on President-elect Barack Obama to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq and abandon the war on terror, an Internet monitoring service reported Friday.

Abu Omar al-Baghdadi, self-styled head of the Al Qaeda front group the Islamic State of Iraq, said in a speech posted on an extremist Web site that it would be better "for you and us" to "withdraw your forces," according to the SITE Intelligence Group that monitors militant Web sites.
    In a separate statement, the Mujahedeen Army, a Sunni insurgent group, urged Obama to withdraw U.S. troops from Iraq or face "days that will be more difficult than the nightmare experienced by his predecessor."
    ... but in more positive news
    President-elect Barack Obama accepted congratulations from nine presidents and prime ministers Thursday, returning calls from world leaders who reached out after his presidential victory.
    Namely the leaders of Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Israel, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, and Britain so he is in good company.

Soooo... Al Qaeda and other terrorist groups are demanding he withdraw from the middle east, Ahmadinejad (the man who wants to eradicate Isreal) is working on getting in good with him, and Russia is already making military overtures to intimidate. Does anyone think they will succeed?

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Re: Mark My Words

The president elect already put out some hard words to Iran so that one's out. Furthermore, none of these reports are in any way a surprise. It is typical for other countries to make their statements and actions a bit more bold during times like these as they make use of the transition period between presidents. Getting some free shots in before the new president actually gets sworn in. This is particularly obvious in Russia's case.

Nor should it be in any way a surprise that the president of the USA will be tested. It's easy to use this as a sort of mockery because the president doesn't have a history dealing with these matters. Of course any American who would even consider doing such a thing is stupid enough to be basically cutting into their own flesh.

Kennedy had the Cuban Missile Crisis, many voices called out on his inexperience but he sure did act. Let's just hope that the next crisis President Obama will have to face won't be as bad as that one.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    It's easy to use this as a sort of mockery because the president doesn't have a history dealing with these matters.
    This isn't mockery Hassun, this is serious. These are the same people responsible for terrorist actions all over the world. It's important we keep an eye on what they are doing and what our leaders are doing in response.

If you want to add to the subject give a link to the rebuke to Iran so we can all learn about it.

Preliminary indications are that the military will increase in Afghanistan in spite of what these people want.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad on Thursday congratulated Barack Obama on his election win -- the first time an Iranian leader has offered such wishes to a U.S. president-elect since the 1979 Islamic Revolution.
    Now the Financial Times of London has reported that for the budget of the Iranian government, (both for operations, and to maintain it's price support subsidy on food and fuel), it's break even point would be Iranian crude oil going for $70 a barrel. Since world oil prices are now considerable below this value, could this statement from the Iranian leader be due more to the desperation to ease the western boycotts and embargoes against Iran, then the desire to destroy Israel???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Thanks

Or it could be because Obama said he would meet with him at one time during his campaign. Either way considering that Iran is supposed to be training and arming terrorist groups in Iraq it is significant and bears paying attention to.

Edit: Here is the next one:
    Hamas is ready to open talks with U.S. President-elect Barack Obama, who must deal with the Palestinian militant group if he wants to address the wider conflict in the Middle East, the group's leader said in an interview broadcast Saturday.
    Hamas has controlled the Gaza Strip since seizing power by force in June 2007 from Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah movement.

The administration of President George W. Bush has boycotted the Islamic militants, as has most of the international community. Hamas refuses to renounce violence or recognize Israel.
    Denis McDonough, senior foreign policy adviser to Obama, said Hamas had to change its policies before it could engage in any talks.

"President-elect Obama said throughout the campaign that he will only talk with Hamas if it renounces terrorism, recognizes Israel's right to exist and agrees to abide by past agreements," McDonough said.
    I don't think I have heard of so many foreign leaders sucking up/moving so soon before, has anyone else? When Bush came in China was poised to invade Taiwan (I think it was Taiwan?) but that wasn't until after he was inaugurated.

PS. I tracked down the statements on Iran. Obama has said he will meet with Iran without preconditions but will demand they abandon both it's nuclear ambitions and support for terrorism and Iran's VP said that there would be no meetings unless the US military leaves the middle east and stops supporting Israel.

If anyone has more on the subject please add it.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Nov 08, 2008 at 04:48 PM. Reason: additional links

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

Arrianna you are in some ways right about what you say.

For one Russia will do what you say, but they can do more. Like right under their country is another 1/3 of the oil in the world. They already took the frist step with Georgia. Did you know that when Russia went into Georgia they destoried the pipe line that was going into "west". Also with their troops moving near other smaller country like Ukraine where Russia main feelt has been since WW2.
    I was woundering why didnt you talk about China?
    For they have been building up thier Navy and space operations. At this time the US navy and Air froce with out other country helping wouldn't las long against their numbers.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rock on View Post
    I was woundering why didnt you talk about China?
    Sorry:
    US government cyber experts suspect that an attack on the Obama and McCain campaign computer networks this summer originated from China, according to a US official.
    China has been hacking official government computers lately to keep an eye on US politics quietly. In fact cyber attacks from China have been ramping up in the last year and have included successful attacks on the White House and Pentagon.

It is hardly an Obama specific situation but one he will have to deal with.

Devoted Otaku Defend Your Castle Champion rock on may be famous one day rock on may be famous one day rock on's Avatar
    Thanks

I know that, it is good that others also know that. People need to open there eyes to the greater threats.

Did you hear about the rocket that The People of China sent to space? They sent massages out about how the rocket lift off didnt have any problems but the rocket didnt even have it's take off until the next day.

92% of teens moved to rap. I am one of the 8% rebelions

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast