+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Marriage?

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

Marriage?

ok i was talkin with my mum today about this subjet

my mum dosnt want me or my sisters to get marryed only my bro is...

she says it was invented by men to run women lifes...

and that men are diffrent before there marryed and as soon as the rings on your finger u place is in the kicten

but she says live with him have kids ect but dont get marryed

but i think thats werid and wrong...
    but i have told her im runing away and comin back and sayin im marryed

but she said not to come cryin to her when its not goin good...

( im catholic we dont cant get divorced)

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marriage?

hmm yea I agree with you. it is weird how she puts it.
    And weather it was invented by men it dosn't matter cause alot of things are invented by men and we use them any way. but back to the subject
    I say that alot of men are the way that she speaks but not all. There are good men in this world. And now alot of poeple get married for love. To me that is a very good reason to get married. But yes.
    And in some cases marrage can be bad and I know poeple that are not married but they have been together for like 20 to 30 years and they are very happy. It really just depends on the people really.
    But that is what I think.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think it's wierd, I can see her point totally. Once upon a time, prehaps marriage was like that. And once upon a time it was the women's job to do all those things, so I can see where she is coming from.

But what she has to realise is that things have changed or are changing. Marriage is more equal today. I know of a few families where the father stays at home and looks after the house while the mother goes out and works. Things are just more equal today. And even if that's not the case, women now have the power to get up and say "get off your lazy arse and do something" XD

And if the man does change,or doesn't do anything around the house, what an arse. If it were me, he'd be starving, cause i'm not his slave XD

On the other side of the coin, you are catholic, so divorce is out of the question later on if he does become an arse. Prehaps she is just being cautious for you! mothers will be mothers ^_^. either way make sure you pick well lol

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

yes i know shes like that

i asked her then why did she marry my dad and she was like i didnt know back then XD HAHA

but yeah most men i belive would be asses
    and lazy they all wanna be biulders, pummers ect ><

i dont wanna end up reall with one of them tho..... no ofcece to people on ao who are like its just not for me lol

but my mum is sorta old fashion still

syd
    Otaku syd is off to a good start
    Thanks

I believe that now in days is more iqual or better for women. The only thing you have to make sure you get some that treats you rigth because if you get someone that is not good for you the chances are that once you get marry that person is going to be even worse.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by equinn View Post
    ( im catholic we dont cant get divorced)
    That's ridiculous. You "can't" have sex or children out of wedlock either... so apparently your family isn't ALL that strict about their Catholicism.

Otaku Luminous is off to a good start
    Thanks

On the contrary, it's commonly said nowadays that getting married ruins a man's life.(Tis usually made in jest, but still).

And who needs marriage anyways? With the price of any somewhat fancy weddings so high, one must realize just how many HDTVs they could get for the same amount.

Anyways, I guess the problem people seem to have with regards to marriages like that is that once married, people feel almost forced to stay with that person, even if they really don't want to. That can be problematic.

I guess the moral of the story is to be rather careful before marrying.

Thanks

Well as i have said i don't what a big wedding im gonna go away and come back and just say im married ( when i do)
    and from what i still know most men run a womans life like the womans place is in the kitchen and the reason why wemon have small feet is cos they can get closer to the sink to wash dishes...

@tsurara i know i know but u see we cant get divorce but u can annulment or somethings like that if u don't have kids in the 1st year and theres a really good reason why u want/need it...but it takes years...as i know from talking with family members
    Last edited by Miroku4444; Sep 14, 2007 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Horrible Spelling

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast