+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Marry someone from another religion or an atheist

Otaku xxoxx is off to a good start xxoxx's Avatar
    Thanks

Marry someone from another religion or an atheist

Imagine that your son or daughter comes home one day and tells you that they've fallen in love and are planning on getting married. Which would be the least desirable situation that the person they want to marry is from another religion …?
    ………or that they're an atheist?

I will wait and see then I will answer..

Foolish beating

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marry from another religion or an atheist

Should there be any bounds for marriage? I mean for real. Would you tell you kid that he/she couldn't marry just because their particular person of endearment didn't agree with your religious stand point?

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbits are Roadkill View Post
    Should there be any bounds for marriage? I mean for real. Would you tell you kid that he/she couldn't marry just because their particular person of endearment didn't agree with your religious stand point?
    Of course not, however I would warn him or her about possible consequences. I certainly cannot control what they choose but for the sake of answering this thread topic, I would as the best outcome for me is if his/her spouse was someone who was either multi-religion or no religion...Yes kind of hard to understand. People who are overly religious or hardcore atheists really annoys me. Angry, angry, people they are.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Rabbits are Roadkill is off to a good start Rabbits are Roadkill's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    People who are overly religious or hardcore atheists really annoys me. Angry, angry, people they are.
    I totally agree. I grew up in an overly religious family and now I'm so confused as to what to believe.... but that seems like something for a different topic.

Otaku pink_hana may be famous one day pink_hana may be famous one day
    Thanks

for me, i think it's better to marry a person who has the same religion as you to avoid conflicts...poor kids, they won't be able to determine which or what when it comes to attending mass...to avoid any further problems...i prefer to choose a man who has the same religion as me but if he's willing to change, then I will marry him...^_^, actually, I don't accept any boyfriend with a different religion...that's a great start right?!!...hehe

"Never tell a man that you love him until he has declared his undying love for you."

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxoxx View Post
    Imagine that your son or daughter comes home one day and tells you that they've fallen in love and are planning on getting married. Which would be the least desirable situation that the person they want to marry is from another religion …?
    ………or that they're an atheist?

I will wait and see then I will answer..
    I, of course, would PREFER my son or daughter to marry a Catholic, but I have no objections to other religions (and, yes, I count atheism as a religion . . . it is belief that there is no God and they have FAITH in that . . . Religion). It's always easier to marry inside your religion, but I know that one can't seem to help with whom they fall in love. I would merely be happy that my child is so in love that he or she wants to marry this person. And who doesn't want his/her child to be happy?

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Ehehee... Such a question *shakes head*

I might get in the doughter's place... and I feel that will be quite terrible....

It would be easier for me (or my mum) to accept my doughter marrying an atheist (well firstly because my dad is an atheist), different religion might be... just too different.

Sheesh I must get away from this theme Making me sad

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

I say neither. In the bible it says that you are not aloud to marry anyone outside of the religion or an athiest.
    It is like mixing light with dark and thats not good. It would be better if the other one got converted. But I would not be too happy with it. Well i dont know cant exactly talk about being happy with it considering I am in the same situation.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast