+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Marry someone from another religion or an atheist

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marry from another religion or an atheist

I quote Robert Freeman when I say, "I believe all marriage is wrong!" LOL.

No, seriously though, it shouldn't matter what their race, creed or religion is. If two people love eachother and are willing to work together in order to keep eachother safe and happy, that's all they really need. Religion is simply what it is... Religion. They're all the same when it comes to basic morals and standards: Love your neighbor, repsect your fellow man, give prase to the god(s) who created you and put you in this world, blah, blah, blah.

I know a guy who's parents are of different beliefs and they're still married, their faiths never intersect or collide with one another and they practice holidays on both sides. His mom's Jewish and his dad's Catholic. So, they celebrate Christmas AND Haunakah! Man, I used to be SO jealous of him when we were in elementary school. I think he's athiest himself, these days, but the tradition carries on.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxoxx View Post
    Imagine that your son or daughter comes home one day and tells you that they've fallen in love and are planning on getting married. Which would be the least desirable situation that the person they want to marry is from another religion …?
    ………or that they're an atheist?

I will wait and see then I will answer..
    That depends entirely on the person themselves and how orthodox they are but neither is to be preferred. I have known to many people who have married others with different faith structures and it really hurts them, their marriage, and their kids. Marry someone with the same religious beliefs and the same culture and you seriously increase the chances of your marriage lasting.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Arukih may be famous one day Arukih may be famous one day Arukih's Avatar
    Thanks

Relegion issues are the same issues in the marreid couples from different culture, but i guess in the end the couple adaptad they belives one in onther because they are in love

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

today, people don't really understand what marriages is all about...it's so sad. when are truly in love and married religion, culture, etc. doesn't matter as long both of them are together. after all what's life if you're alone.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't care what that person was. It doesn't matter what religion or whatever. As long as my son or daughter was happy, that would be all I would care about.

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Otaku Mini Pool 2 Champion, England turkey bowling Champion Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess may be famous one day Namida Goddess's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think that religion should keep anyone from getting married. Sure it would be difficult if the other person did not believe in God and you did, but everyone can't believe in the same things.

★~Ao's Irish Fariy ~★ equinn may be famous one day equinn may be famous one day equinn's Avatar
    Thanks

well i dont often mind other religions i respect them all

but im a cathoic and if i came home with someon of an other religion i would be dead... i woulnt dare come home LOL
    even though i dont mind it .... but i wouldnt liek to be the one giving up my religion since i belive soo highly in mine...i woulnt be giving mine up...

but if i had a child who came home with a bf/gf of an other religion it all depends.... i know when i have a child i know i will be suporting every dision they make even if i aprove or not

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

I'd prefer if they were athiest... Religions tend to constrict my views and attempt to conform mine to theirs, you know? So i might not be able to get along so well with my new in-law... And the last thing I'd want is someone incessantly trying to convert me into their religion... So very annoying.

As long as no one's trying to constrict my views or my offpsring's, I could care less about whether my son and/or daughter marries someone religious or not... Unless they're part of some freaky cult. You know, Manson family, new devoted follower of deceased Jim Jones of Jonestown... Stuff like that.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast