+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Marry someone from another religion or an atheist

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Marry from another religion or an atheist

In my eye's if someone chooses to marry someone from another religion then no one can stop them. It will help one with the knowledge of another religion and experience new ways of living. It should stop anyone from getting married because love is the important thing there.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Devoted Otaku hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957 may be famous one day hiei9957's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Marry from another religion or an atheist

i really woldent care because im an athist and if my kid wants to marry some one from a nother religon or anthist it up to the kid.

Tanks zyta

Otaku Zeikku Shadow is off to a good start Zeikku Shadow's Avatar
    Where the frozen tears from the heavens paint everything white.
    Thanks

Re: Marry someone from another religion or an atheist

I'm sorry, but as far as I am concerned it should make no difference. Your beliefs are your beliefs. Their beliefs are their beliefs. What better union than two people who can come together no matter what their differences are. As long as they love each other, and respect each others differences, there should be no problem.

In fact it's just this sort of union that can bring different groups to new understandings of each other.

Some say to each his own. Know what? We are all members of the human race. No matter who you are with, you are with your "own".

Newbie DollCorpse is off to a good start DollCorpse's Avatar
    Thanks

I think you should marry the person you truly love, and to marry the person who fully accepts you for who you are. I'd prefer to marry someone I can trust, someone I can love, and someone who loves me back and accepts me for who I am. Why should we get religion in the way?

DollCorpse

THUMBSUCKING ADDICTION Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K is making a name for themselves Mr. K's Avatar
    Thanks

o.o I see Marriage as a Responsibility~

Kind of like love;

Watch out who you fall in love with!

Second: Wants all said there is no going back.

I know I wouldn't be able to make choices for my children. I can only make them for myself. If she or He was to come dancing in with a situations like that. I am pretty sure they didn't care much for my opinion to begin with. So I would just keep hushed.

Anywho;

I'll leave it to my husbands choice on what he thinks, because at that time I could careless. Not trying to cause friction with my children.
    ≥°≤ [?] █▓▒░░▒▓█ [?] ≥°≤
    You know how you drown a blonde, Rosalie? Glue a mirror to the bottom of a pool.
    Jacob Black, Breaking Dawn, Chapter 14, p.271
    Lamie Hynamen "I reject your reality and substitute my own."

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

You know, there is a simple way to control who you fall in love with. Don't date anyone you wouldn't want to marry. If your religious beliefs matter to you only date someone with compatible beliefs.

... and teach your children to do the same thing. Then it won't matter.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xxoxx View Post
    Imagine that your son or daughter comes home one day and tells you that they've fallen in love and are planning on getting married. Which would be the least desirable situation that the person they want to marry is from another religion …?
    ………or that they're an atheist?

I will wait and see then I will answer..
    I'd have to say that I'd but out of my sons/daughter relationships unless of course it was harming him/her. If she/he started dating someone with an extreme difference in religous, even though I know that it would be hard, I don't think I'd want to say anything (unless of course they'd asked for mothers honest opinion), if they love them, then that's all that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Umbriel View Post
    I'm sorry, but as far as I am concerned it should make no difference. Your beliefs are your beliefs. Their beliefs are their beliefs. What better union than two people who can come together no matter what their differences are. As long as they love each other, and respect each others differences, there should be no problem.
    It shouldn't make any difference but unfortunatly it does. There are some extreme religous families out there that would forbid marriages to another religion, heck there are still ones out there that have arranged marriages. There are also some religions with very different lifestyles, I think in some cases it would be very hard thing to achieve, especially if you have two extremes religion in both sides of the marriage

But all in all, one would think that you wouldn't even date some one who had such different religious view to your own. But saying that, I know of a christian who is dating some one who doesn't even believe in the existance of a god.

Otaku MuMu Champion Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart may be famous one day Shade/K' Heart's Avatar
    Thanks

I truely believe that love is something that no man, woman, or child will EVER completely figure out. I mean this is simple. What does a person do for love? ANYTHING! I mean people will overlook anything, if they are in love. Take me for example. I was in love once in my whole life, thus far. I took leaps and bounds that made a lot of people angry. In the end, they were right, but you can't tell that to a man who is in love. The heart listens to nothing but itself, and IF it listens... it's rarely to others. It's to your gut or your mind.

I believe if your in love, go for it. I am not holding back anymore about love. When it strikes me again, I'll do whatever it takes.... again.

Far be it for me to be anything special, when the only special thing I desire with me, is the special person I share my gifts with.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast