Closed Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast

Thread: Meaning behind Life... What is it?

NalaMidnight Eggs Champion P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess may be famous one day P.R. Princess's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Meaning behind Life... What is it?

Hmmmmm I have been asking myself that and frankly the only answer I ever come up with is that we live to make a perfect world and the only way to do that is to live like a hun=mane and make mistakes.
    I think thats how I put it but anyway we live so that one day the world will be at peace.

~Falling in love one step at a time~
    ~ MYSPACE~AWESOME PLACE TO SAVE~

Otaku nb194 may be famous one day nb194 may be famous one day nb194's Avatar
    Durban, South Africa, Earth, Milky Way, Galaxy
    Thanks

Life, life is pointless no matter how much you try to convince your self it is not.
    Mono-theistic religion is the probably the most widely used way in
    which people convince themselves that life is not pointless. But there is
    not god. While I could spend an immense amount of time refuting the
    many different things these religions profess to be absolute truths. And
    while I would list the countless ways in which I could prove to any
    logical person that the existence of this so called omnipotent god is just
    not possible, I won't. Rather than repeat what has already been
    published on other sites I will just write a few paragraphs to support beliefs.

The basic argument proposed here is that the idea of "GOD" is a
    purely human construct, created by humans mostly due to a fear of death
    and all the questions that come with it. But there is no god. The idea of
    "Christianity" is a farely new invention in the history of the Homo-sapien
    species. It is also just one of a seemingly infinite amount of ideas people
    have chosen to believe in order to avoid the fact that life is pointless. So
    why have monotheistic religions become so widespread?

The answer has nothing to do with the actual validity of the religions,
    but more has to do with nation building. Mono-theism is an amazingly
    efficient way of controlling masses of people. All you have to do is look at
    the amount of influence the Christian right holds in the modern united
    states to get a picture. And what an effective tool it has been. How better to stay in power than to make your views on how things should be done the only view. When everyone thinks the same way there is no dissension. Lets say you
    where the king of a country. You would of course want to stay in power.
    What better way to accomplish this goal than to state that it's god's will that
    you be king. Or give enough money to the church so they will say it for
    you. So now anyone that would take any action to remove you from
    power, or even suggest that you should be would be acting against god.

My point being life is pointless! Why don't I just commit suicide then? Cause I don't really care. Life doesn't have to have a point to be interesting! Just live to enjoy yourself!

"People are crazy and times are strange, I'm locked in tight, I'm out of range,
    I used to care, but things have changed..."

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Do you have proof there is no god? I think you dont believe its possiable because you can't comprehend it in your mind the idea of god. Just because you dont understand, dont mean it doesnt exist.

Also even if there was no god, life would still have meaning. The meaning of life could be to better your society or planet.

Otaku manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic may be famous one day manga fanatic's Avatar
    Thanks

i think everyone is on earth for some purpose, if there truly is a god (i think so) then he woudn't waste his time making you if you had no purpose

Newbie Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu's Avatar
    Thanks

I looked at your question and I was intrigued. Thus, I started my conquest to find an answer to teh most shadowy question: "What is the meaning of life?" In my travels across the universe, I found many interesting things and met many interesting people. I met a very eccentric alien from Betelguese, a timid and somewhat stupid huan named Arthur Dent, a manically depressed robot, the president of the universe (who kidnapped himself and is being held under arrest for kidnapping the president), a computer called Deep Thought (at the time, this computer told me the meaning of life was 42, but I knew this could not be correct). I also met some mice who wanted to harvest my brain to save the question to the answerof life which is 42. I managed to escape narrowly. In the end, I traveled to a planet and found God's last message to his creation, hoping for an answer. I was somewhat amused by my findings. It was an enormous sign that read "SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE." After that, I died.

Wait. No.

I dunno what the answer is. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by nb194 View Post
    Life, life is pointless no matter how much you try to convince your self it is not.
    I'll laugh when we die and we find out that life is very important and has meaning. Then I'd go insane and try to eat my shoe.

Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Thanks

lol... have I posted in this thread yet? I do not know. And since I have to go to bed soon I am going to answer this quickly. If you say there is no meaning to life and you don't end it because you don't care, then why ask question's about it in the forums? Seriously. But if you want to know, I have the answer! Yes I know the meaning to life!

It's to live! That's it. It has meaning as you live it! If you live without purpose it has none! It's that simple. Were you born to save some planet? Was the purpose you were born was to cure cancer? To change the universe? No. This isn't a movie or video game. Just wake up tomorow, do your thing, and don't complain. Because easily as you were given your "meaningless life"(lol.) You could have it taken away. Main point...

Stop asking why your alive and just be happy you are!

+=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

Newbie Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu may be famous one day Kiyoshi Ryuu's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by zeroenix View Post
    lol... have I posted in this thread yet? I do not know. And since I have to go to bed soon I am going to answer this quickly. If you say there is no meaning to life and you don't end it because you don't care, then why ask question's about it in the forums? Seriously. But if you want to know, I have the answer! Yes I know the meaning to life!

It's to live! That's it. It has meaning as you live it! If you live without purpose it has none! It's that simple. Were you born to save some planet? Was the purpose you were born was to cure cancer? To change the universe? No. This isn't a movie or video game. Just wake up tomorow, do your thing, and don't complain. Because easily as you were given your "meaningless life"(lol.) You could have it taken away. Main point...

Stop asking why your alive and just be happy you are!
    Well spoken. I applaud you. My reason in life is to help people, have a kickass time with friends, and just in general go crazy with it all, but it's so much fun to do it, as well.
    READ THE RULES!
    -- Hassun

Otaku twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723 may be famous one day twistergal723's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nb194 View Post
    Mono-theistic religion is the probably the most widely used way in
    which people convince themselves that life is not pointless. But there is
    not god. While I could spend an immense amount of time refuting the
    many different things these religions profess to be absolute truths. And
    while I would list the countless ways in which I could prove to any
    logical person that the existence of this so called omnipotent god is just
    not possible, I won't. Rather than repeat what has already been
    published on other sites I will just write a few paragraphs to support beliefs.

The basic argument proposed here is that the idea of "GOD" is a
    purely human construct, created by humans mostly due to a fear of death
    and all the questions that come with it. But there is no god. The idea of
    "Christianity" is a farely new invention in the history of the Homo-sapien
    species. It is also just one of a seemingly infinite amount of ideas people
    have chosen to believe in order to avoid the fact that life is pointless. So
    why have monotheistic religions become so widespread?

The answer has nothing to do with the actual validity of the religions,
    but more has to do with nation building. Mono-theism is an amazingly
    efficient way of controlling masses of people. All you have to do is look at
    the amount of influence the Christian right holds in the modern united
    states to get a picture. And what an effective tool it has been. How better to stay in power than to make your views on how things should be done the only view. When everyone thinks the same way there is no dissension. Lets say you
    where the king of a country. You would of course want to stay in power.
    What better way to accomplish this goal than to state that it's god's will that
    you be king. Or give enough money to the church so they will say it for
    you. So now anyone that would take any action to remove you from
    power, or even suggest that you should be would be acting against god.

My point being life is pointless! Why don't I just commit suicide then? Cause I don't really care. Life doesn't have to have a point to be interesting! Just live to enjoy yourself!
    Some people just want to reside with the "fact" that there is a divine force out there...Why? I think its reasurrence that a good thing will happen to them after they die(False hope?)...As for being apparently 100% sure that there isn't a "God" we can't prove the it does exist or it doesn't exist. As for the meaning of life I have absolutely no idea what is the meaning behind my life or anybody else's(I'm only 15 after all) And I don't trouble my mind thinking about it..I know that my time living is short so I live each day to the fullest...Plain and simple...

I'm ♥mazing!

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 7 14 15 16 17 18 19 LastLast