Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Meaning behind Life... What is it?

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Meaning behind Life... What is it?

We exist because of evolution, if we wouldn't evolved from the apes we wouldn't be here right now.

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

I think Life's context is based off your your experiences and overall outlook. Life doesn't need a greater meaning for you to be able to LIVE it. While sometimes this may seem untrue, just being able to bring a smile to someone else's face justifies my life. To know you made someone else slightly happier without looking for some gain for yourself... Moments easily forget in the light of all the possible suffering in life... but to be able to experience true joy even for a second makes everything worthwhile.
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miki.
    *bites nails* -_-"

I am not good at articulating my thoughts but i will explain what i meant. ^^ I don't know what kind of test it is but I don't think we are like robots who life and then go to heaven when we die. That's pointless, no? There has to be something working in the middle. If you had no hardship and if we all lived in wonderland with no trouble and very easy life, life will be boring. We needs a little challenges here and there.

i don't think it is really cruel, i mean we die yes it is painful but god is not the one to be blamed for that. We are just humans so we die but our souls still lives right? souls are immortal.

*phases out* I don't know if i explained your question but i tried. >.<
    So there is fun in lessing a love one .Ok.I like to fight as some of u know and others don't.But i like it because i can feel the pain and makes me rembered that i still alive and is fun for me.But i am not killing anyone.I would injoy a peaceful life.I think now u said if there is a God who ask him to saved us??Before if i rember right he give his son to saved us from sin but few very few know that it also said that our life was made short.Meaning in some other time we live longer.And the fun part.So if one of us was God it would be fun to watch ppl cry and sometimes the ones who can't take it kill them selfs at the lost of their love ones.We have no reason to live but just to keep going and see the end of the choses we have pick take us to.So i have not fate, path or destiny to follow.I will make my own path to walk.And I live to see wat is at the end of the path that i am making.To live for some belives is not right.Live for ur own reason don't follow wat other ppl said.Found ur reason to keep living in this world.Before the dream is over
    Perfection is dull

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

The meaning of life question doesn't seem to interest me as much as it used too. I don't think it is something that can be summed up in a few words. The whole concept is probably (in our current psychological-biological-spiritual state) beyond human comprehension to know.

So instead I'll just ask: How could you know the meaning of life? That would mean being aware of or obtaining knowledge of all aspects of life and then putting them into context in such a way that their pattern or point becomes clear.

How many things can you concentrate on at once? One, maybe two things - certainly not all the things comprised under the broad category of life. Moreover, how would you decide what counts as being under the category of 'life' and what does not?

Until beings can be aware of all things evenly, impartially, and competely, we shall not know the meaning of life. That is my guess.
    Last edited by ScionofDestiny; Aug 01, 2006 at 09:28 PM.

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

Simplistic version: Our purpose is to create and destroy. Live and die. Multiply and pass on our genetic information to future generations. And ultimately, cease to exist as a whole.

Much too lazy to rub brain cells together and think of a better answer. Maybe I'll do it later. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofDestiny
    Until beings can be aware of all things evenly, impartially, and competely, we shall not know the meaning of life. That is my guess.
    Agreed. We are but mere ants. Our comprehension of the entire equation is little. Try as we must, we will always end up as nothing more but insignificant cogs in the machine. Nothing but clockwork. Clockwork and routine. We do what we do because we must in order to survive. We are nothing but animals. Our primary purpose is survival.
    Last edited by Innerhell; Aug 01, 2006 at 09:35 PM.
    I love my girlfriend.

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

While I do believe that it is probable human beings (or any beings) are an insignificant part of a grander equation; I still believe in the nobility of humanity, so to speak. That is not to say that other beings can't accomplish what we have accomplished or do what we've done, but that for being flesh-and-bone beings humans have done quite well for themselves. Having no standard for comparison except ourselves and our own societies, I would say we're not doing too bad. At least, we seem to have made some major progress philosophically, scientifically, socially, culturally, biologically, and psychologically in the last few hundred years.

Newbie Miki. may be famous one day Miki. may be famous one day Miki.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jon f
    So there is fun in lessing a love one
    Oh my gosh -_-" *reads all of her earlier post* Sorry Jon san, but i don't think i said that losing someone is fun. Did i? We are just humans and we cannot prevent death - it's natural, no? Everybody dies at one point in their time. i was saying, it life was so simple, like doing all things is like eating pie, things will get boring. That's what i said. -_-"

! Rescue me from this loneliness !

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miki.
    Oh my gosh -_-" *reads all of her earlier post* Sorry Jon san, but i don't think i said that losing someone is fun. Did i? We are just humans and we cannot prevent death - it's natural, no? Everybody dies at one point in their time. i was saying, it life was so simple, like doing all things is like eating pie, things will get boring. That's what i said. -_-"
    But there are some ppl who wouldn't mind that kind of life.I my self like the fighting but there are friends who just want a life boring in ur point of view.No one deathing because someone kill them, shoot them or crash to them.Just a life to live peacefully and die of old age.Anyways i like the nomeaing or reason why we are born.We live to find that reason our self ,if we can and if not then must ppl just take or follow the path that belives take them.I said screw that no meaning or reason why we are live.Only one that can be is to find a reason to keep living.Injoy life and forget about everyone and their belives if u are happy and not killing anyone keep doing it.
    Perfection is dull

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast