Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Meaning behind Life... What is it?

S.E.L - sexy etna lover Baal may be famous one day Baal may be famous one day Baal's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Meaning behind Life... What is it?

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod
    God was not created and did not creae himself.

intellegence just exists, it doesn't need a creator.
    IT JUST CANT BE THERE.

perdoname michelle!

Choas Jon f may be famous one day Jon f may be famous one day Jon f's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod
    God was not created and did not creae himself.

intellegence just exists, it doesn't need a creator.
    Ahh u are right my friend.But yet no matter how smart one person or thing or bodie can be they are never to smart to take advise from ppl.+Intellegence doesn't just exists.We weren;t smart when we were born. We learn in our life time.So in one way there meant be a god or more then just one.And if i am right in the intelegence thing.Maybe in 1million years another human will or something will became God like.Oh yeah and intellegences needs a life forces.Life is the only thing that allows a thing, human or animal to keep living , learning and understanding their suraroundsing.

P.S.Why are we worrying about who made God??
    Perfection is dull

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

In comtemporary Christianity, God didn't invent himself; he just is and always was.

In Gnostic Christianity/Judaism, God was created when Sophia (Wisdom) tried to create a child without the help of her partner. The end result was the Demiurge (Half Creator) which we see in the Bible, who rules over the 'lowest' universe (and subsequently could be considered to be the same thing as the 'lowest' universe)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ScionofDestiny
    In comtemporary Christianity, God didn't invent himself; he just is and always was.

In Gnostic Christianity/Judaism, God was created when Sophia (Wisdom) tried to create a child without the help of her partner. The end result was the Demiurge (Half Creator) which we see in the Bible, who rules over the 'lowest' universe (and subsequently could be considered to be the same thing as the 'lowest' universe)
    Ok so god in a way is a son.And sophia is the mother. Then who is the father.Peter??{Knowledge or power}Well how she made him I got to wonder now.Is not funny.Thanks now i got one bad idea in my head.F7{MS}
    Perfection is dull

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Less god, more topic!!!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444
    Less god, more topic!!!
    But God and the meaning of life are like salt and pepper.So we can;t talk about the meaning of life with getting or touching the topic of God.So we are kind in topic even we talk about god.
    Perfection is dull

Otaku ScionofDestiny may be famous one day ScionofDestiny may be famous one day
    Thanks

He has a point; God and the meaning of life are sort of inseperable, because people who believe in some sort of divinity are generally the only ones who put stock in a single meaning of life concept. In fact, I will demonstrate my point by explaining the Gnostic view of the meaning of life and how that relates to their concept of the divine.

Ok so god in a way is a son.And sophia is the mother. Then who is the father.Peter??{Knowledge or power}Well how she made him I got to wonder now.Is not funny.Thanks now i got one bad idea in my head.F7{MS}
    ... No, nothing like that. I guess I should have been more specific.

(SKIP AHEAD TO THE ITALICS IF YOU DON'T LIKE THIS SORT OF MYTHOLOGY AND JUST WANT TO KNOW THEIR CONCEPTION OF THE MEANING OF LIFE)

Sophia means 'Wisdom' but in Gnosticism it can be more specifically used a symbol for the 'Divine Wisdom' of One.

Okay, so Gnostics think that there is this deity that exists in a trancedental universe called the 'One', and, after "ages" of contemplation, the One caused other beings known as Aeons to emanate from itself (Aeons are both beings and universes - a being and a universe at the same time, I think)

These Aeons (30 in number in most forms of Gnosticism) come in pairs; male and female. They shouldn't be thought of as being seperate from the One, but rather being abstracts of the One which can be only be comprehended by the mind when you think of them seperately (such as Aeon of Thought, Perfection, Love, etc)

Anyway, all Aeons as the One created them gave way for new Aeons to follow them (emanationism - one makes another and so on) ... this went on, and, as most Aeons came into being, the pleorma (realm of light) grew. In short, Aeons are just parts of the One which steadily become more "distant" from the One but all of which possess divinity as a gift from the One.

The least of the Aeons, Sophia (the Divine Wisdom), decided to try and create (cause something to emanate) from herself without spiritually consulting her male counterpart or seeking the blessing of the One. The end result was the Demiurge (Half Creator) that is worshipped in most forms of Juddaism, Christianity, and Islam.

The role of the Demiurge (God) in this cosmology can vary. Sometimes he is the grand-benign (good) architect of our universe, sometimes he is well meaning but foolish, and sometimes he is considered evil and demonical. Whatever the interpretation is, he is generally held to be of a different sort than the Aeons, as he was made without the benefit of Sophia's partner and without the blessing of the One.

The world of matter is a world of time and change which exists outside of the timelessness of the pleorma. The Demiurge gathered matter and caused our universe to be. The Demiurge ordered this world in the arrangement of the pleorma (although it is just an imitation), but he is generally held to be unaware of the pleorma (because he decides not to believe in it)

Now we get into the Gnostic meaning of life.

When the Demiurge was created, he took Sophia's power with him. It was with this power he set himself up as king and created hosts of angels and demons to serve him (collectively known as the 'Archons', which means the 'Rulers' in Greek)

When the Demiurge created humanity, he imbued in them (he was tricked by Aeons) a spark of the power of Sophia (divine wisdom). Thus human beings took from the Demiurge the power of Sohpia (the Demiurge has other powers though, and he already rules this universe)

The One, out of pity, allowed two more Aeons to come into existence - Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost. Their role in the pleorma was to teach human beings to utilize the power (wisdom) within themselves and thus come to the pleorma. Because human souls are themselves the spark of wisdom, the part of the pleorma they return to is Sophia.

Thus, humanity is saved and Sophia is healed of the hurt.

The meaning of life in Gnostic philosophy is that material existence came to be by accident but that the One has pity on us and so granted us the tools with which to perfect our escape and sent the teachers (Jesus and Holy Ghost) to show us how to do it.

To get more to the point, Gnostics believe the meaning of life is the pursuit of knowledge and the divine wisdom that one can become aware of through that knowledge. This isn't just knowledge you can find in books; it is the knowledge of more or less everything, and thus can be found in many places everywhere. The meaning of life is finding the knowledge of wisdom.

The alternative is being reincarnated and trapped in flesh again - so that you can try again to escape again.

There are some major differences in the Gnostic chronology.
    Last edited by ScionofDestiny; Aug 06, 2006 at 10:07 PM.

Otaku Howl_of_Fenrir may be famous one day Howl_of_Fenrir may be famous one day Howl_of_Fenrir's Avatar
    Thanks

I believe,the meaning of life of everyperson is different.
    And that's why there aren't correct or false answer for the question.
    Also that's makes it hard for somebody to find the meaning of his/her life.
    I love you,so please don't love me.

"Maximum signature main image size = 500*115 pixels"

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 18 ... LastLast