+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: media causes.....

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: media causes.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    are you trying to say teens aren't young? Teens are just as impressionable, if not more than younger children, again, I don't care who you are. You make the mistake of thinking just because you know more, you can't get a sway of opinion.
    Are you serious??

Teens minds are more developed than say an 8 year olds. So they're a little less impressionable. It don't mean there not impressionable, just not to the degree as a young child.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

yes, but then again, there is more than one way to get to a person. I'm not saying they're swayed in the same way by any means, but have you ever seriously looked at some people? It's hard for me to believe some teens are teens by their poor behavior, if you tell some teens that an opinional situation is a fact, or lead them on into thinking what's an opinion is fact, you'd be suprised how gullibule people can be. I've seen people who have changed completely from middle school to high school, you can't say that's not a factor. You can't forget the power of peer pressure.

Newbie firefly_HotaruChan may be famous one day firefly_HotaruChan may be famous one day firefly_HotaruChan's Avatar
    *looks around* now that you mention it, I'm not sure.
    Thanks

Teens can be swayed but they have the mental strength to control thier own minds, so if they are swayed, it's their own fault.

everybody...everything....I lost them somewhere....

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i agree it takes two to
    tango as they say and
    saying its the medias
    fault is just a cruch for
    people who think violence in games
    and movies should be censourd just
    tp prove a point that isnt even right
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

I have this bad habit. When people make broad, age based assumptions, I look at their public profile to see how old they are. So here's the deal. Let's not look at 'other people' for this right now. We don't need to. Think about the influences in your life so far, the big ones. Chances are, TV and video games rank pretty low on that list. That is what this thread is about, isn't it? I pose these questions to you, using our mutual media of choice: anime.

Since you started watching anime, have you suddenly started taking karate/kung fu lessons because you want to be like your favorite character? Have you started massive adventure-sagas to right a grevious wrong simply because you enjoy your TV show? Have you jumped down a well recently? Do you randomly wail on people under the pretense of 'a challenge'?

Obviously, that's all a little over the top. However, 'over the top', or, more aptly, 'over the edge' is what we're talking about. Does it sound normal to you? Of course it doesn't, because it's not. Does it happen? Yes. Is it normal? No. Is this redundant? Yes.

Furthermore, I believe a study of current inmates would prove rather empiracly that most violent criminals have never touched a video game in their life, nor were they particularly devout followers of TV, because they were out committing crime during prime time. I find it suprising, that in a time of such controversy, that I haven't heard of a study on convicted criminals as a whole.

Now, I'm not saying that children and adolescents are not impressionable. Quite the opposite, really. There are limits on what children should watch out of simple decency. However, it takes really, really bad influences to make a murderer, especially at a younger age. Take Devon Moore, the young black man in Alabama that shot a few police officers and stole a police car. He played a lot of GTA: San Andreas. What the news didn't tell you was his foster home situation, going from bad home to bad home. Boohoohoo, you say, we need to focus on the problem. Well, I just told you what the problem was. Fixing the media is the quick fix, something we can always fall back on when the ---- hits the fan, acknowledging that it was the fault of people locally possibly a failure of people in the local government itself, why, heaven forbid. They're perfect!

Newbie firefly_HotaruChan may be famous one day firefly_HotaruChan may be famous one day firefly_HotaruChan's Avatar
    *looks around* now that you mention it, I'm not sure.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by erosennin
    I have this bad habit. When people make broad, age based assumptions, I look at their public profile to see how old they are. So here's the deal. Let's not look at 'other people' for this right now. We don't need to. Think about the influences in your life so far, the big ones. Chances are, TV and video games rank pretty low on that list. That is what this thread is about, isn't it? I pose these questions to you, using our mutual media of choice: anime.

Since you started watching anime, have you suddenly started taking karate/kung fu lessons because you want to be like your favorite character? Have you started massive adventure-sagas to right a grevious wrong simply because you enjoy your TV show? Have you jumped down a well recently? Do you randomly wail on people under the pretense of 'a challenge'?

Obviously, that's all a little over the top. However, 'over the top', or, more aptly, 'over the edge' is what we're talking about. Does it sound normal to you? Of course it doesn't, because it's not. Does it happen? Yes. Is it normal? No. Is this redundant? Yes.

Furthermore, I believe a study of current inmates would prove rather empiracly that most violent criminals have never touched a video game in their life, nor were they particularly devout followers of TV, because they were out committing crime during prime time. I find it suprising, that in a time of such controversy, that I haven't heard of a study on convicted criminals as a whole.

Now, I'm not saying that children and adolescents are not impressionable. Quite the opposite, really. There are limits on what children should watch out of simple decency. However, it takes really, really bad influences to make a murderer, especially at a younger age. Take Devon Moore, the young black man in Alabama that shot a few police officers and stole a police car. He played a lot of GTA: San Andreas. What the news didn't tell you was his foster home situation, going from bad home to bad home. Boohoohoo, you say, we need to focus on the problem. Well, I just told you what the problem was. Fixing the media is the quick fix, something we can always fall back on when the ---- hits the fan, acknowledging that it was the fault of people locally possibly a failure of people in the local government itself, why, heaven forbid. They're perfect!

You're right.

and I second that the papers and reporters tend to leave out the home lives of these people. I never even heard about his foster home sitch, all I heard was how he played Grand Theft.

everybody...everything....I lost them somewhere....

Newbie bloody_ryoko may be famous one day bloody_ryoko may be famous one day bloody_ryoko's Avatar
    somewhere out there with my beloved ITACHI-san
    Thanks

teens today should be more open minded. they should be aware that not all the media's shows are good. they sould consider things that would evaluate whether the program is good or bad. nevertheless, parents sould always guide their children upon watching tv shows to tell tehm what's bad or good.
    beware... you might just loss your breath wothout noticing it...

Otaku anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000 may be famous one day anime_8000's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bloody_ryoko
    teens today should be more open minded. they should be aware that not all the media's shows are good. they sould consider things that would evaluate whether the program is good or bad. nevertheless, parents sould always guide their children upon watching tv shows to tell tehm what's bad or good.
    what are u... a house mom

.:Seize The World With Knowlegde:.

Currently watching: Kanokon:Bleach:The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya:School Days:Welcome To The NHK
    .:My deviantART|My Twitter|My Forum- AW Designs -Please Join|My Facebook|My Youtube:.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast