+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 27

Thread: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

  1. #9
    Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley, California
    Posts
    5,477
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 172 Times in 147 Posts

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Did you read what I just said. Everyone who joins the military at the very least in times of war should be prepared to die. By "some" I think you mean "alot."
    And this was one of the more important reasons for the old military draft. That the entire nation (up to the age of the mid-thirties) take responsibility for the decision to go to war, and not just the patriotic few who voluntarily enlist...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

  2. #10
    Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Idaho
    Posts
    406
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Well my issue with military wives is that alot of them act like big babies. They should have more emotional restraint. They should train themselves and their children to realize that their husband/father is a soldier and his job is to die. Like the old saying, "live by the sword die by the sword."

    Well alot of them don't act like that. Sometimes they'll say stuff like "He lost both his legs but I'm just thankful he's alive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    Did you read what I just said. Everyone who joins the military at the very least in times of war should be prepared to die. By "some" I think you mean "alot."
    Shodokan- these two statements are very different. I am a soldier, I am prepared to die and so are all of my brothers and sisters in arms. Those that are not are discharged. I am going to do my very best not to die, because well death sucks. It is not my duty to die for my country, it is my duty to provide the enemy the oppertunity to die for his. Your first statement may have just been a typo or missunderstanding, but I hope you see the differance.

    I agree that there are some military wives that do not cope well with long tours of duty, but their lack of emotional restraint may just be a cry for help or support. Imagine the stress of not knowing if you would ever see your soul mate again, or wondering if your kids will remember their other parent. Some may not cope well, but is that any reason to blanket all miltary wives as lazy whiners, no. Anticipation is horrible and our spouses have the hardest job, waiting. They need someone to lean on in these time more than ever.

    Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

  3. #11
    Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    962
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    Quote Originally Posted by PsiKnot View Post
    Shodokan- these two statements are very different. I am a soldier, I am prepared to die and so are all of my brothers and sisters in arms. Those that are not are discharged. I am going to do my very best not to die, because well death sucks. It is not my duty to die for my country, it is my duty to provide the enemy the oppertunity to die for his. Your first statement may have just been a typo or missunderstanding, but I hope you see the differance.

    I agree that there are some military wives that do not cope well with long tours of duty, but their lack of emotional restraint may just be a cry for help or support. Imagine the stress of not knowing if you would ever see your soul mate again, or wondering if your kids will remember their other parent. Some may not cope well, but is that any reason to blanket all miltary wives as lazy whiners, no. Anticipation is horrible and our spouses have the hardest job, waiting. They need someone to lean on in these time more than ever.
    There is nothing wrong with those two comments highlighted in red. Basically I was saying. "You should be prepared to die because it's your job"

    Military wives need very little sympathy. At least the ones who act like big babies.
    I have more sympathy for a wife who's husband dies in a car accident than a wife of a soldier who dies in a war. Why? Because one is a civiliain who's job wasn't killing or helping to kill people. Like I said "live by the sword die by the sword."
    Also a car accident is more of a shock. It's not very shocking or unexpected when someone who goes to war gets killed.
    ____________________________________________

  4. #12
    Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    http://chibitalkatx.blogspot.com/
    Posts
    452
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 12 Times in 12 Posts

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    well the way she expressed herself wasn't the best way to. She has a little bit of a point when she says that they should get a job and be 'stronger' but i think that they should be stronger for thier kids. I mean they probably have it worse. She also has to see the fact that the wives are living with the fear that any one of these days their loved one could die. And not knowing what day of if they will die at all.
    every rose has a thorn

  5. #13
    Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wherever the Army sends me. ^_^
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    lol. Youre saying that a soldier dying in combat shouldnt be a surprise. Lets see how you feel when your best friend, girlfriend, or sibling joins the military and dies in combat.

    But first of all. Lets not get too over the top with this. Not all people join the military to server their country. Some join because they dont know what else to do. But even understanding that there is a war, doesnt mean that a military wife should teach her children that their daddy is probably going to die and they will have to learn to live without them.

    Just so you know, I am in the army. I have been for 2 years now and still have 4 left. I have already been to iraq once(In fact, i joined AO while in Iraq), and am happy to be back. And i understand that sometimes military wifes can over exagerate. And thats wrong. But so is a wife of a rich business owner who tries to act like she is better than everybody else. And by going on your theory, if i was to start a job at a factory that say, made cars, then my wife should accept and teach my kids that i could be killed by a car falling off the assembly line? Or a fire? As someone said, you can die in any job, or not on the job at all. I guess then everybody should just accept that they are going to die sooner or later and stop bitching. Right?

    It all comes down to the fact that yes, we in the military are expected to have to kill. But no one plans on dying. And they shouldnt have to. I dont care what anyone says. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Good saying. But also here is another one. Shit happens. So then i guess no one should complain if anyone dies, in any situation. Im not argueing for the military wives, just that if you believe that they should accept these facts stated in all our posts, then so should everybody.

    But my opinion means nothing. Im basicly a dead man walking right? Blah Blah Blah.

    +=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

  6. #14
    Devoted Otaku Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan may be famous one day Shodokan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    962
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    lol. Youre saying that a soldier dying in combat shouldnt be a surprise. Lets see how you feel when your best friend, girlfriend, or sibling joins the military and dies in combat.
    Not to get too off subject. But my brother is a cop. If he gets shot and dies I would feel the same way if he got killed in the military. He died doing his job or duty. I don't really consider police officers non combatants.

    But first of all. Lets not get too over the top with this. Not all people join the military to server their country. Some join because they dont know what else to do. But even understanding that there is a war, doesnt mean that a military wife should teach her children that their daddy is probably going to die and they will have to learn to live without them.
    Yes she should. She should teach herself and her children the realities of the situation

    Just so you know, I am in the army. I have been for 2 years now and still have 4 left. I have already been to iraq once(In fact, i joined AO while in Iraq), and am happy to be back. And i understand that sometimes military wifes can over exagerate. And thats wrong. But so is a wife of a rich business owner who tries to act like she is better than everybody else. And by going on your theory, if i was to start a job at a factory that say, made cars, then my wife should accept and teach my kids that i could be killed by a car falling off the assembly line? Or a fire? As someone said, you can die in any job, or not on the job at all. I guess then everybody should just accept that they are going to die sooner or later and stop bitching. Right?
    That is an incomparable situation. One is part of the armed forces the other isn't.

    It all comes down to the fact that yes, we in the military are expected to have to kill. But no one plans on dying. And they shouldnt have to. I dont care what anyone says. Live by the sword, die by the sword. Good saying. But also here is another one. Shit happens. So then i guess no one should complain if anyone dies, in any situation. Im not argueing for the military wives, just that if you believe that they should accept these facts stated in all our posts, then so should everybody.
    There is a difference between civilians and soldiers. Dying in Iraq or some other war isn't really a random act and doesn't deserve the same level of sympathy.

    But my opinion means nothing. Im basicly a dead man walking right? Blah Blah Blah.
    I guess so.
    ____________________________________________

  7. #15
    Otaku zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix may be famous one day zeroenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wherever the Army sends me. ^_^
    Posts
    294
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    lol. How does that not deserve the same sympathy? YOUR LOVED ONE IS DEAD. THEY ARE NEVER COMING BACK. EVER. So in truth, yes. It does deserve the same, the exact same, no more no less.

    And i realize that my situation was one of military and another random situation. But both of them can die. Its not how. Its that theyre dead. Do you understand what that means. You say your brother is a cop Good for him. Im sure you are proud of him. And dont lie that you arent. But you would be very hurt if he was to die in the, ahem, "line of duty" And im not saying that he doesnt deserve any sympathy, but if someone told you to stop feeling sorry for yourself, your brother was a cop. Too bad. I know you would be offended just a little. Because, though i do not know him, i doubt he wakes up every day thinking, well im probably going to die today. Oh well.

    And your right. She should accept the fact that her husband could die. But children are a different story. Can i ask you a question? How many children do you have. I have none...

    +=My Space=+ Thanks zeroenix for the sig and avi... wait that's me. +=zeroenix.net=+

  8. #16
    Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Coalhurst Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    2,900
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 183 Times in 148 Posts

    Re: Military wives "fat/moochers/whores?"

    Has a Military dependent, as a son of a soldier who has gone over seas, not once, but 3 times, who has had his father miss 2 birthdays, one christmas, and 3 wedding anniversaries. who's father has seen things that he still doesn't talk about, even though its been well over a decade since he got home, and as someone who has seen friends go over to Afghanistan and not come home (Corporal Paul Davis died March 2 2006, Father of two, Corporal Francisco Gomez died July 22 2006, served with my father for 22 years), I find this disrespectful and insulting.

    Being part of a military family is different from being part of a civilian family. The two are not the same, its a simple as that.

    We're asked to sacrifice so much, and all we get is disrespect from those who dislike violence and war, and the half felt sympathies for when our loved ones are killed.

    Military families may not put their lives on the line like the member of their family does, but we do make sacrifices. Just ask the families of these men and women: Canadian Forces casualties in Afghanistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    That person who made that phone call is a cold heartless whelp who shouldn't even have the right to voice her opinion, but unfortunately, men and women of the armed forces died to protect that right, so I have to let her.

    I am proud to be part of a military family. I support my countries military, and those of other nations.





    Quote Originally Posted by Shodokan View Post
    They should train themselves and their children to realize that their husband/father is a soldier and his job is to die.
    That is quite possibly the most idiotic and incorrect statement I have read in this thread.

    The job of a soldier is not to die, but to protect the freedoms we enjoy in our daily lives, which includes the right to frees speech, which took advantage of when you made that statement. While yes, by doing that, they put their lives on the line and sometimes their duty takes their lives.

    THERE IS NOTHING. NOTHING. In this world that can prepare you for the loss of a loved one.

    But you wouldn't be saying that if you had the experiences I had.

    Back in 1993, my father was doing his second tour in Bosnia with a UN peacekeeping force. My father was (He is now retired, after serving 25 years) a Signalman (Digital communications). He phoned me on my birthday, only to have the transmission suddenly cut off. I was six and I didn't know what was going on, and was left in tears. It wasn't until years later, when I was 18 that my dad told me that the satellite dish which allowed him to contact me, which was no more then 30 feet from the tent he was in, was hit by a rocket propelled grenade.
    Last edited by aceman67; Feb 13, 2007 at 09:47 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 11, 2006, 01:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts