+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Miss California Retains Crown

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Miss California Retains Crown

If you haven't heard Miss California USA, Carrie Prejean was caught in a controversy shortly after appearing in the Miss USA Pageant. During the pageant she was asked a question by a gay judge. He asked her what she thought on gay marriage, in which she didn't speak against, but just defended her Christian beliefs. She said because of her beliefs, it should be between a man and a woman. So of course a witch hunt followed, where some tried to have her Miss California crown and title removed. They said she didn't represent her State, which was a lie.

I mean if she said gay marriage was great, everything would be ok. So i guess in this dam PC world you cant have a mind of your own, and have a different opinion. I mean what was she suppose to do be a liar, and say she supported it? So i guess it would be better if we had a Miss California that was a liar? /sarcasim

Then when they knew that wouldn't hold water by itself to get her kicked out, they said she failed to divulge(before last month's Miss USA pageant) that she had posed in her underwear as a teenager, which later ended up in Maxim(Sp?). Supposedly its against the rules, but that didn't get another contestant kicked out that did the same thing. I guess you have to speak your mind for that to happen?

Luckily she was allowed to keep her title:

Miss USA pageant chief Donald Trump says Miss California USA, Carrie Prejean, will retain her crown despite revealing photos of her that recently emerged.

Prejean, 21, failed to divulge before last month's Miss USA pageant that she had posed in her underwear as a teenager and the photos were made public.

In announcing his decision, Trump said the pageant had determined that the pictures taken "were acceptable -- they were fine."

Prejean also sparked controversy when she answered a pageant judge's question by saying she believes marriage should only be between a man and a woman.

Officials of the Miss California USA pageant had criticized some of Prejean's actions but said it was not up to them to decide whether she should be stripped of her crown.
    Miss California Retains Her Crown at The Insider

So what to you guys/gals think?
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 20, 2009 at 07:30 AM.

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Miss America Retains Crown

That was a bunch of bull sh*t what they tried to pull on her, plus it was rigged to get her kicked out because they did a background of her and such and that is why she was targeted, no other reason then that.
    Also on the fact that what you said that she could have lied and nothing would have happened, well, guess what, she was told that if you are ever asked that question that you would say you support it even in truth you do not. She said so her self and so did her coatch/sponsers or what ever they are called. So thats why she said screw that I am going to tell them the truth, and she did so very politly and very respecfuly. I have heard her truthfull respons and she said it, as I said before, very respecful and very politly with nothing that could be interprited as mean or hatefull and yet there are people all pissed off and demanding her to appologise...

In the end all I have to say is this. Appologise? For what?! She didn't say or do anything wrong. She had a lot and I mean a lot of guts to tell what she trully felt where most people would have sold out. She also said that if they want her to give back the crown she would but she would not change what she said. God, not only is amazing and she is just drop dead beautiful, but so is her integrity.
    Last edited by Scourge; May 12, 2009 at 02:11 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

Otaku Franco is off to a good start Franco's Avatar
    Thanks

I agree with the last two responses, just because you don't agree with a person doesn't mean that you should be hunted down and defamed because of it, what is this the Spanish Inqusition. I mean Obama expressed the same views and I didn't see him not win the presidency because of it. In essense who is the one being the intolerant one here, that should be the question that is asked because she did not condemn homosexual's she just said her own personal beliefs, at least she stayed true to herself and that is a really surprise in this day and age.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, whenever you win anything or become the "queen bee" theres a lot of people out there trying to take you down! She probably isn't the best of role models, however I don't think she is by far the worst. I think if she won the crown, she should be able to keep it.

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

everyone is entitled to their own opinion in this world as well as you are also expected to defend what you believe in. I mean that quesion about gay marriage. I am not against it but i was brought up a catholic and my belief says that marriage is for a man and a woman. plain and simple. just as any gay person can put a rebuttal on that. If miss america didnt break any rules then i also agree that she retain her crown.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Otaku clover may be famous one day clover may be famous one day clover's Avatar
    Thanks

its all redicluous for a number of reasons. People get to worked up over something because she had her own oppinion, which she didnt go either way. just stating that from her own upbringing its for a man and woman. Im all for gay marriage since its their descion but its getting out of hand if its coming to the point that are throwing a fit over someones oppinion. Theres a difference in oppinions and hate crimes, she was honest about it so she should not have been overthrown.

but with the whole "nude" photos thats going to come back on anyone in this day and age. Most of the population has done something that they regret with nude photos since alot of the time people are uploading them from their cellphones or cameras and logging them somewhere. The girl from highschool muscial had taken nude photos as well for someone, and that came back. For alot of people in the lime light they have to be careful since anyone can be bribed for a right price. or have someone from a news crew or something hack into their computers and steal all of their stuff, and selling it for the right price.

she never really broke any rules and her photos were rule approved, and if people dont like someones elses oppinions then that has something more to do with them than anyone else. Im pretty sure many would rather have someone who doesnt follow the crowd and has their own mind.

..........nothing is true, everything is permitted..........

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Just to clear up a few things, she isn't Miss America. In fact she lost because she answered honestly. The judge who asked the question gave her a zero score because of her answer and cost her the crown. She has since said she knew when she answered honestly that it would mean losing but she doesn't regret it and for that she has my respect.

The crown they were trying to strip from her was as Miss California. The claim was that she doesn't accurately represent the state. The funny thing about that is that recently a majority of voters in California voted against legalizing gay marriage there so I guess she is a pretty good representation even if they don't like it.

The pictures they were trying to use against her were taken during a modeling job. A standard modeling job. That is why it was no big deal in spite of their attempts to make it one. Nor were they "nudes" they were "semi-nude" as any underwear or swimsuit shots are for models. I don't care for them myself but these days they are considered normal.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Arrianna For This Useful Post:

Scourge (May 18, 2009)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

As a Cali boy my self, I can tell you right now that our really retarded state officels forced the whole gay marrage on us a while ago, how ever this pissed a ton of people off as it did not represent us at all and a vast magority did not want gay marrage legalized and was the reason why we had it removed. The crown I was refering to was the miss California crown, which as I said before she said she would give up but would not take back what she said. The fact that they said she does not represent us is B.S. but rather the contrary as she does express the vast magority of Californians oppinions and such, which is why they have not tried to take it away from her because they know full well that she does in fact represent the magority of people here.
    As for the "explicet photoes" those were, as Arrianna has said, photoes used to find potental modal canadets and is in fact done by every single modal in the world. They are simply reaching out despritly in the air in a vain attemt to smear her and ruin her image.
    Its phunny how certan groups who talk about people being intolerant but are just as intolerant them selves and then start demanding a witch hunt for some one who disagrees... We have been seeing this a lot now a days on other topics as well other then gay marrage.
    Last edited by Scourge; May 18, 2009 at 07:16 AM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast