+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 9 to 16 of 26

Thread: Miss California Retains Crown

  1. #9
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: Miss America Retains Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Just to clear up a few things, she isn't Miss America. In fact she lost because she answered honestly. The judge who asked the question gave her a zero score because of her answer and cost her the crown. She has since said she knew when she answered honestly that it would mean losing but she doesn't regret it and for that she has my respect.

    The crown they were trying to strip from her was as Miss California. The claim was that she doesn't accurately represent the state. The funny thing about that is that recently a majority of voters in California voted against legalizing gay marriage there so I guess she is a pretty good representation even if they don't like it.

    .
    Ok, thanks for clearing that up. Got a little confused there. This makes it even worse. Not only did it keep her from winning the Miss America title, it almost cost her the Miss California title. Just for giving her honest opinion on the subject and speaking her mind.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Miroku4444 For This Useful Post:

    Scourge (May 20, 2009)

  3. #10
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Miss California Retains Crown

    This whole thing reminds me of how the main stream media is demonizing the TEA Party protesters and calling them racist hatfull rednecks when in truth they are protesting the Gov. over stepping their boundries and other pololitical issues. Of cores thats for a different topic all together but the point I am making is that there is a trend going on and a very bad one at that and I quote my self "Groups who talk about other people being intolerant but are being the intolerant ones them selves and then start demanding a witch hunt for some one who disagrees with them."
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  4. #11
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Miss California Retains Crown

    Having Perez Hilton ask that was screwed anyway. Just because the country thinks that all Californians are liberals and pro gay marriage doesn't mean that an opposing opinion should make her not 'represent the state well'.

    I think she did a good job with her answer, she didn't offend anyone, and Perez Hilton later went on a rant for it because he couldn't take it. Knowing gays, I asked them and they weren't offended at all by her answer.

    But no, he didn't factor in that there are other opinions out there, and even if they aren't as 'accepting' as yours doesn't mean you give her a zero.

    Couldn't they get him for discrimination though? I mean that is still discrimination if it's simply an opinion costing her the crown.

  5. #12
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Miss California Retains Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by EmoNightmareRose View Post
    Having Perez Hilton ask that was screwed anyway. Just because the country thinks that all Californians are liberals and pro gay marriage doesn't mean that an opposing opinion should make her not 'represent the state well'.

    I think she did a good job with her answer, she didn't offend anyone, and Perez Hilton later went on a rant for it because he couldn't take it. Knowing gays, I asked them and they weren't offended at all by her answer.

    But no, he didn't factor in that there are other opinions out there, and even if they aren't as 'accepting' as yours doesn't mean you give her a zero.

    Couldn't they get him for discrimination though? I mean that is still discrimination if it's simply an opinion costing her the crown.
    The sterio type is that most Cali are pro gay when in fact we are not, as I said before the people in power here forced us into accepting gay marrage how ever the vast magority of us got pissed and decided to have a vote and the vote was that we get rid of gay marrage which means most of us are not for it.

    You can't get him on discrimination charges, he is gay, the ACLU will simply flip that back around on you for saying you are discriminating against him because he happens to be gay. Gota love this hypocrocy.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  6. #13
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Miss California Retains Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    The sterio type is that most Cali are pro gay when in fact we are not, as I said before the people in power here forced us into accepting gay marrage how ever the vast magority of us got pissed and decided to have a vote and the vote was that we get rid of gay marrage which means most of us are not for it.

    You can't get him on discrimination charges, he is gay, the ACLU will simply flip that back around on you for saying you are discriminating against him because he happens to be gay. Gota love this hypocrocy.
    So the entire situation is gay? =p (uh oh, hope hillary duff doesn't come knocking on my door.)

    But in all seriousness, I am pro gay marriage. Does that mean I have to hate everyone that's against it and get pissed. NO. I absolutely respect why people think that same sex marriage isn't necessary.
    Why not just try to eliminate all the discrimination altogether?

    But I guess I'm just the ex hippie still livin in the make love not war phase.

    This entire situation is discrimination. He openly admitted he is gay and he voted against her because her answer. WTF. So of course the media going to attack her, because he'll scream discrimination is anyone says shit to him.
    It's also discrimination to expect her to say that she approves gay marriage. So what the HELL?

    This might have also happened because of the history of gays in Hollywood. So it definitely remains a touchy subject..I wonder if it will ever be solved..

  7. #14
    Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Posts
    3,118
    Thanks
    102
    Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts

    Re: Miss California Retains Crown

    the only way it will be solved is when the streight people actualy get together
    and vote the gays out because all they do is start trouble though i guess
    there is a point to the gayness but i find it pointless move on and get over
    yourselfs.
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

  8. #15
    Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Oceanside CA
    Posts
    1,297
    Thanks
    476
    Thanked 171 Times in 152 Posts

    Re: Miss California Retains Crown

    ENR, when I said people got pissed I was refering to the fact that our state officels forced it upon us with out our concent. Thats what we were pissed about as they completely bypased the people and our thoughts and feelings on the matter. Which is why we had a vote to keep it or remove it and the people of Cali wanted it to be removed. How ever, our ever so great state officels now want to over rule our completely legal vote on the mater. They said them selves that "the people were confused and didn't understand" which means how dair you disagree with us, and are now wanting to strip our legal rights out of the Cali constitution that what we say matters and are allowed by law to take a vote on any matter we deam fit. Another words they are trying to take away our voice because we disagree with them.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

  9. #16
    Wilde Beast GiG Racer Champion EmoNightmareRose may be famous one day EmoNightmareRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Ohtori Academy
    Posts
    693
    Thanks
    44
    Thanked 51 Times in 44 Posts

    Re: Miss California Retains Crown

    Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    ENR, when I said people got pissed I was refering to the fact that our state officels forced it upon us with out our concent. Thats what we were pissed about as they completely bypased the people and our thoughts and feelings on the matter. Which is why we had a vote to keep it or remove it and the people of Cali wanted it to be removed. How ever, our ever so great state officels now want to over rule our completely legal vote on the mater. They said them selves that "the people were confused and didn't understand" which means how dair you disagree with us, and are now wanting to strip our legal rights out of the Cali constitution that what we say matters and are allowed by law to take a vote on any matter we deam fit. Another words they are trying to take away our voice because we disagree with them.

    okay, I understand now. So it was all blurry on purpose just so they could pass the law?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Who wants to get married in California??!!
    By Legend in forum Legend's Journal
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Mar 31, 2009, 12:25 AM
  2. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Oct 31, 2007, 09:33 PM
  3. Who here lives in California?
    By ~my~little~angel~ in forum Cyber Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2006, 02:30 PM
  4. I'm Fresh from California
    By Soulfate in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Feb 24, 2006, 10:57 AM
  5. Anyone Live in California?
    By Maniax in forum The Thread Vault
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 28, 2005, 06:14 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts