+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mississippi Joining the Ranks of Stupidity Cancels Prom

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Mississippi Joining the Ranks of Stupidity Cancels Prom

Mississippi Prom Canceled After Lesbian Date Request

The link above says it all. A high school cancelled its prom because it decided it didn't want to deal with the ACLU over allowing a girl to bring a girl to the prom. So they actual just called the entire event off. This bring up several issues. Was the board justified, would the school be better off if the ACLU just left it alone. And what is the point behind prom. And last but not least what about the people who probably went out and spent the money on dresses and suits and such.

Well the school in this case treated everyone equally. Gay or straight, everyone's prom is ruined. So in one instance it is fair but not justified. I always say equality is over rated and this highlights the point. But I think this is really dumb. On a mental level I don't get it. I enjoy being with women so I can't really understand people who are against it. So I identify very much with Constance Millen because I like her could never pretend to be any thing different.

The ACLU did a good job of ruining everyone's good day. I really hate the ACLU because on the few liberal agendas I agree with they seem to do nothing for. It appears they became the people they wanted to protect society from.

What is the point of prom anyhow. I mean people spend all this money and hinge their year around it. It is not unusual for people to drop over a thousand dollars on it. If anyone reading this gets it let me know.

The last issue is sort of tied in with the previous issue. What about the folks that already spent money on this. Another fact to that I want to point out is that these are high school kids and the body can change a lot in a few years. So a lot of those out fits and dresses though beautiful may not fit right in the following months.
    Last edited by beast; May 05, 2010 at 01:24 PM.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

Re: Mississippi Joining the Ranks of Stupidity Cancels Prom

OK so why did they not let her bring a girl? I brought a girl to my prom... I am sorry but I dont understand why they would cancel..
    Prom to me means the last "fling" of the year .. I missed this years so I didnt really care about it but the money it takes and the time it takes to plan a prom is other worldly.It cost about 4 thousand just for the venue last year when i helpped plan so i know what you mean ... I dont really get the whole thing tho ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    . I missed this years so I didnt really care about it but the money it takes and the time it takes to plan a prom is other worldly.It cost about 4 thousand just for the venue last year when i helpped plan so i know what you mean ... I dont really get the whole thing tho ...
    Oh my God, 4 thousand dollars. Where did it go? Can you give us a breakdown.
    (Hanks for explaining the purpose of prom as the final fling of high school.

Otaku Animal Keeper Champion, RefleX v1.2 Champion CBtay01 is off to a good start CBtay01's Avatar
    California.. when on Vacation under ur bed
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    Oh my God, 4 thousand dollars. Where did it go? Can you give us a breakdown.
    (Hanks for explaining the purpose of prom as the final fling of high school.
    yeah no prob ...
    about three thousand went to decor and the venue itself then anouther thousand for security and advertisment... then kids were supposed to pay about 60$ for a single tiket and 120$ for the couple... then the pics were 10$ for each person in the pic... my ex spent about 400$ for the night ...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by CBtay01 View Post
    yeah no prob ...
    about three thousand went to decor and the venue itself then anouther thousand for security and advertisment... then kids were supposed to pay about 60$ for a single tiket and 120$ for the couple... then the pics were 10$ for each person in the pic... my ex spent about 400$ for the night ...
    Okay, I meant the students cost. To hell with the schools money, they cancelled it they can live with it. It is the students I cared about. You said some students spent 400 others probably spent over 1000 and the night will not come. Some of that money they can get back but not all of it.

Otaku Avea Shadows is off to a good start Avea Shadows's Avatar
    Thanks

Mmk, I don't judge people on what they do, more on how they treat others. I am straight, but them canceling everything just for that, made absolutely no sense. All those teens spent all that money for that one special night. Proms, are supposed to be special, where you can hang with the friends you made with over the 4 years of highschool, or maybe the ones you have lost, that one last time before you step off into the real world. Them canceling that, was highly wrong and uncalled for, but hey, that's just me.

Living life on your own..Isn't always that easy..-Vincent

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Avea Shadows View Post
    Proms, are supposed to be special, where you can hang with the friends you made with over the 4 years of highschool, or maybe the ones you have lost, that one last time before you step off into the real world. Them canceling that, was highly wrong and uncalled for, but hey, that's just me.
    I never thought of that, but now I think I get the point of prom.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

What the hell, why does everyone give a crap that a gay couple is going to prom!? That's just f***in stupid, sometimes I feel like I'm one of the last few sane people alive.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast