+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Misunderstood"

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

"Misunderstood"

Okay I was listening to the CIII album & there is a song called "misunderstood" besides what he was rapping about what he was talking about is where I am getting at...

Do you believe that young black guys are targeted..? Before you voice your opinion & views I want you to listen to what he says first...

Here is a link:YouTube - Lil Wayne - Misunderstood (Da Carter 3 Exclusive) <listen from 2:50 to 6:50> don't worry he is not rapping he is talking...

I will come back to edit this thread as it progress to ask more questions, but first I would like to start out with the question above...
    Last edited by Inuruto; Jun 07, 2008 at 06:27 PM.

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Misunderstood"

Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    Okay I was listening to the CIII album & there is a song called "misunderstood" besides what he was rapping about what he was talking about is where I am getting at...

Do you believe that young black guys are targeted..? Before you voice your opinion & views I want you to listen to what he says first...

Here is a link:YouTube - Lil Wayne - Misunderstood (Da Carter 3 Exclusive) <listen from 2:50 to 6:50> don't worry he is not rapping he is talking...

I will come back to edit this thread as it progress to ask more questions, but first I would like to start out with the question above...

Well, having spent 27 (28 next month, whoo hoo!) years as a black guy, I don't think watching/listening to Lil' Wayne will be necessary, but I plan to do it later so I can come back with more to say. But from what I've learned in my experiences is yes and no, young black people--or black people in general--are targeted.

It really depends on where you're at, what you're doin' at the time, what you're wearin', how you speak and how you earn your income. Y'see the media is a bitch. It's created this trap that a lot of black people fall in to, me being one of them from time to time. Advertising is subliminal and black people have one of the highest consumer rates in the country. So, a lot of the time in media, they'll target blacks for certain things--but that rule can apply to anyone, really.

With the law, it's entirely different. It all depends on the cop, the state you're in and the judge you may--or may not--face in court. BUT, if you're tryin' to fit the stereotype. You're really targeting yourself, nobody's targeting you, unless you're a banger or a dealer; or somethin' like that. I've been targeted by cops before, but that's usually because I was out doin' somethin' I wasn't supposed to be doin'. Thank god I was a minor.

Anyway, it's not really a subject you can really put your foot down and say, "Yes, I think they're being targeted," or "Naw, you're trippin'."

Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Misunderstood"

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    Well, having spent 27 (28 next month, whoo hoo!) years as a black guy, I don't think watching/listening to Lil' Wayne will be necessary, but I plan to do it later so I can come back with more to say. But from what I've learned in my experiences is yes and no, young black people--or black people in general--are targeted.

It really depends on where you're at, what you're doin' at the time, what you're wearin', how you speak and how you earn your income. Y'see the media is a bitch. It's created this trap that a lot of black people fall in to, me being one of them from time to time. Advertising is subliminal and black people have one of the highest consumer rates in the country. So, a lot of the time in media, they'll target blacks for certain things--but that rule can apply to anyone, really.

With the law, it's entirely different. It all depends on the cop, the state you're in and the judge you may--or may not--face in court. BUT, if you're tryin' to fit the stereotype. You're really targeting yourself, nobody's targeting you, unless you're a banger or a dealer; or somethin' like that. I've been targeted by cops before, but that's usually because I was out doin' somethin' I wasn't supposed to be doin'. Thank god I was a minor.

Anyway, it's not really a subject you can really put your foot down and say, "Yes, I think they're being targeted," or "Naw, you're trippin'."[/COLOR]
    Something told me that a black person would answer this thread first... (Not complaining though) It is just that I felt that people would try to walk on egg shells, so to speak towards this thread...

N*e*ways I agree with atomik' with much of what he says especially with what he says black people are high consumers & that the media does play a role of targeting them... And that people can be a product of their environment, but as for they target themselves I really don't see how or better yet should I say I don't see why..?

The heart can't lie... Truth is... I love you!!!

+ Reply to Thread