+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MJ Being More Appreciated Since Death?

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

MJ Being More Appreciated Since Death?

I know Michael died a little bit more than month ago but there is something that has been bothering me since his demise. A huge spike in his album sales have sky rocketed ever since and it seems like he is being treated like a God after he died. It bothers me because he was constantly thrashed by tabloids and headlines now that he is dead it's as if foul words were never said. I was a fan of Michael Jackson long before his passing and I was very upset when I heard the news. So it's like if someone is alive and well, depending on who they are they get treated unjustly and if they are on their death bed they suddenly become the most appreciated person that ever lived. I don't understand.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Artistic Anarchy For This Useful Post:

atomik_sprout (Aug 31, 2009), NinjaRyu (Aug 25, 2009)

Banned beast may be famous one day beast may be famous one day beast's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: MJ Being More Appreciated Since Death?

I couldn't agree more with you. But it is appreciation that is well deserved. In an industry where the names come and go he stayed for more than 4 decades. As for foul words said that is with every death people tend to want to forget the bad parts. I quess it helps people to cope.

Otaku Artistic Anarchy is off to a good start Artistic Anarchy's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by beast View Post
    I couldn't agree more with you. But it is appreciation that is well deserved. In an industry where the names come and go he stayed for more than 4 decades. As for foul words said that is with every death people tend to want to forget the bad parts. I quess it helps people to cope.
    Why not appreciate those people while they're alive though? Not that he wasn't, but the tabloids totally changed their attitudes towards him on a dime once he died, seems a little unreal to me.

Thanks

Funny that you should say it seems unreal, when peoples thoughts and feelings hardly ever are. Think about it, how many people are insincere. Do you see what I mean.

Zev
    SuperModZilla Zev is making a name for themselves Zev is making a name for themselves Zev's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm so tired about hearing about Micheal Jackson, he was just a guy who in some peoples eyes made good music, and he was totally weird. Honestly I appreciate him as much as I appreciated him when he was alive. The guy sold a lot of albums and was named the King of Pop and I think he got plenty of appreciation. Plus he really kind of fell off the map for a while until he died.

Signature is a Gwenibe original.

Otaku darkninja is off to a good start darkninja's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Artistic Anarchy View Post
    I know Michael died a little bit more than month ago but there is something that has been bothering me since his demise. A huge spike in his album sales have sky rocketed ever since and it seems like he is being treated like a God after he died. It bothers me because he was constantly thrashed by tabloids and headlines now that he is dead it's as if foul words were never said. I was a fan of Michael Jackson long before his passing and I was very upset when I heard the news. So it's like if someone is alive and well, depending on who they are they get treated unjustly and if they are on their death bed they suddenly become the most appreciated person that ever lived. I don't understand.
    I agree with u. Despite what everyone says MJ was one of my Favs. the thriller scared the hell out of me when i was little but i got use to it and loved it. On thee other hand now that hes gone people that didn't like him before and went on him they all want to hop on the bandwagon and it pisses me off.

My new favorite song by Mj is Dirty diana!!! this is the best rock song i ever listened to. Also the outfits he wore....Just Freakin Sweet. But ever since then the ONLY reason people bought his albums was because he was the most famous performer that ever lived and people that couldn't get his albums once off the shelfs thats when the other people would have payed anything for it. Dude never made any more albums since his last one and STILL was rackin in money.

To summerize he was the best and i find it sad his kids never seen him perform Mj u will be missed and no im not a hop on I'am a TRUE MJ FAN!!

Newbie NinjaRyu is off to a good start NinjaRyu's Avatar
    Thanks

The guy never really recovered from that pyrotechnics accident that's why he looked the way he did. He never wanted to look like that and because of this people attacked him and ran him out of his home. Now he's gone and a real shame.
    "I've come to deliver some bad luck" Train Hartnett

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NinjaRyu View Post
    The guy never really recovered from that pyrotechnics accident that's why he looked the way he did. He never wanted to look like that and because of this people attacked him and ran him out of his home. Now he's gone and a real shame.
    He never recovered from a lot of things. It is sad that he can't get rest even now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast