Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: mocking or admiring?

Otaku lovejam may be famous one day lovejam may be famous one day lovejam's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: mocking or admiring?

a friend of mine thinks hes black (and he's really irish) and he got his ass kicked for, and i quote, "acting like a damn fool"...but he admired the stereotype and took it to far and people thought he was mocking black people.

We traded blows in violent prose
    And made arrangements heaven knows..

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

Well.......That's POV for ya! What one thinks is funny,another thinks is insulting......
    NoT tHe SiGgY yOu R lOOkInG 4
    Move Along.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Wow... interesting thread.

I have to say though, instead of mocking or admiration, what if non black people wear what they wear... because they like it? What if the black people who talk 'valley girlish' or whatever talk because they just simply like it?

I mean about 70% of the highschool guys I went to school with wore loose fitting pants on and big tees - black white, asian, hispanic, indian. You could walk down a hall and pass a group of girls and hear "Oh my god!" and a couple "likes" and "whatever's" and half of them would be black.

I just think that it depends on your enviroment and who you hang out with. Some may wear and say what they wear and say because of mocking/admiration, but they could also just be following the latest fashion trends or just simply like what they do. Another example. me, I have a habit of speaking gramatically correct around people who don't so often. I don't do it because I want to mock or show admiration to smarter kids, It just comes natural to me, ya know? Hope that made sense ^-^
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

yes. i have the same problem. i am black and my friends talk slang and other junk but i prefer the english language and talk proper. some people call blacks that talk proper oreos and i think it's dumb. but your comment i have to say was quite right. covered the whole topic. but what if it isnt a trend what if they do it just to make fun of? that happened to me before.

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Newbie Eureka-Seven16 may be famous one day
    Thanks

I haven't had people mocking me so I say admiring

Devil's Advocate TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23 may be famous one day TaurusDemon23's Avatar
    Thanks

some ppl like to piss off others.................
    Move Along.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

yes and i have to admit i sometimes give in. but i know im to intelligent to argue so i leave it.(SOMETIMES)

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Thanks

It happens. You live, you learn. Make mistakes and move on.......
    Move Along.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast