Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: mocking or admiring?

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: mocking or admiring?

I think a for a majority, it's admiration. But usually it's not about that, it's about a person trying to achieve higher social status. Being a follower of something hip, increases your social status with that group, and if that group's a majority, you have alot more social status. I'm not quite sure what you mean by mocking, I mean unless your trying to be a funny guy by acting out a stereotype, I don't know quite what you mean. Last time I checked, when you mock someone, you don't respect them, and why would you want to dress like someone you don't respect?

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady
    yes. i have the same problem. i am black and my friends talk slang and other junk but i prefer the english language and talk proper. some people call blacks that talk proper oreos and i think it's dumb. but your comment i have to say was quite right. covered the whole topic. but what if it isnt a trend what if they do it just to make fun of? that happened to me before.
    Yeah, I understand... I'd just ignore it and forgive and forget - but I know thats not easy ^^; (mentally taking revenge helps too I hear >:])

Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    I mean unless your trying to be a funny guy by acting out a stereotype, I don't know quite what you mean. Last time I checked, when you mock someone, you don't respect them, and why would you want to dress like someone you don't respect?
    Ah, that's a good point. Although I've heard and seen "dress/act just like them" for admiration alot, can't say I've seen the same for mocking as much. In fact I think it may be overdoing it by going out your way to dress like them (but people can take it that far ~~0).
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

true, people can take it too far, but to see it in everyday life is not the case, at least where I live. Mocking people with fashion seems a bit too subtle to me. And it kinda makes the mocker look more like an idiot than the person they're mocking. My point is, most people dress a certain way to reflect and benefit themselves, not to poke and make fun of another group.

Otaku Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105 may be famous one day Chaos105's Avatar
    Thanks

Mocking, well, I say doing something and making fun of it at the same time, simple, no?
    Admiring, for this, I say doing something, but adoring it, not hating it in any way.

They say, "I will die for my country." I never hear them say, "I will kill for my country."

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos105 View Post
    Mocking, well, I say doing something and making fun of it at the same time, simple, no?
    Admiring, for this, I say doing something, but adoring it, not hating it in any way.
    so are you saying when they so call imiate you they are admiring you?

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Otaku Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk may be famous one day Spymonk's Avatar
    I live in South Africa and i was born in Pretoria.
    Thanks

No ..... Admiring might be the wrong word to use because it is not who u are that they admire but the style the ghetto,ganster whatever style that shouts out something that they like.
    Mocking can also be one but i doubt that ppl would dress up pay all the dollars for the outfits just to mock u know sometimes u should stop asking maybe this maybe that and just let them be.
    If they wanna walk and talk like the ppl in the ghetto or whatever it is their choice so yeah just live with it.

Anime Online's Lesbian SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell may be famous one day SasuraiHell's Avatar
    Thanks

this is pretty confusing, it like asking are people chaning thier lifestyle to yours out of spite?.

bu no, you may see some people pose, its because they like it, its because they want to be like that. i've neever herd people dressing to insult, unless of course they are doing it on purpose for a night.

as for mine, no i guess i dont see people insulting the way i dress or act. its always "why does he always wear black", and thats not evevn true .
    man your are confusing me,

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    i had this on my mind yesterday and i was wondering are people mocking you or trying to be like you? for example, some white people may walk around in baggy pants and talk slang and look a certain way. but that is how some black men are betrayed. and i am thinking they are trying to be cool or something but my cousin said they are mocking us. and some black girls(SOME) i sometimes hear them talk funny. they say the word "like" after everyother word and act dumb and say they are blondes. so my question is, although i know not all blacks look like that and all white girls dont talk valley girl, are people mocking you or admiring you? isince my cousin put it that way, i kinda think they are mocking but in a way admiring. tell me what you think . thanks.
    i think that it is insulting to everyone. clothes like that are disgusting, no1 wants to see another guy's boxers.
    and the crap girls wear is getting even worse.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast