Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: mod chip

Otaku shikashu may be famous one day shikashu may be famous one day shikashu's Avatar
    Thanks

mod chip

for some time, I've been wanted to play imported games, but there is a requiement needed for this, a mod chip, so I want to debate this about mod chips.

do you think that the chip should be legal to install in game consels?
    would you install one in yours?
    should they make systems equiped with mod chips, so it can play both japanese and american games?
    explain, and give comments about this.

Arigatou Nao chan for the sig^_^
    warning, dangerous diclonious on the lose!

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: mod chip

you need a chip to play imported games............bummer.............

ON TOPIC: i think that it should be legal to install.........because dumb companies wont hurry up and make english versions...................and if many other companies like sony and nintendo want to keep a certain type of gamer community then they should install it.............

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Newbie nate_grey_x may be famous one day nate_grey_x may be famous one day nate_grey_x's Avatar
    Thanks

I think mod chips are just fine if that's what you want. The only thing is putting a mod chip voids all warranties on your system and if installed incorrectly can ruin your system. If I wanted to play imported games I would just buy an imported console. Some of the cheat devices(I.E.:Gameshark, Action replay) have features that allow you to play imports.

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks

I think it should be legal... cuz I mean I dont see why the gov made it illegal to play games in other formats.... althought there are chips that copy the game and others that allow you to play non original games(the copy cd).... but thats totally different.... I dont see whats the problem on playing foreing games....
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

It's not the goverment that's preventing the use of 'Mod' chips, it's the companies that make the game consoles. As an example, are you going to use that 'Mod' chip to play imported ROMS (which are rare and hard to find) or are you going to use the 'Mod' chip to run pirated copies fo ROMS. This is the primary reason why end user modifications are not permitted by the console game manufacturers...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku Laharl ex may be famous one day Laharl ex may be famous one day
    Thanks

I don't see the big deal, just buy the Japanese version of the console if your main focus is imported games.

Besides, mod chips can damage the console... <_<

Newbie Kitsunetsuki may be famous one day Kitsunetsuki may be famous one day Kitsunetsuki's Avatar
    Thanks

Mod Chips are a BAD Idea.
    You can screw up your console.
    I whould go get import software like the ones from pelican.I cant give yo the website here but.Look for them it is really easy.

"Nothing happens by chance. Life has a design all it’s own. For one person’s sacrifice can be another’s salvation."~The Outer Limits
    R.I.P. "I wont forget you"VP

Devoted Otaku BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1 may be famous one day BlueFox1's Avatar
    A place called Midnight Sun know as Tranquility
    Thanks

I had a playstation that had a mod chip in it and it was great, the only proble I see with a mod chip is that it can allow a person to copy a game of his or her choice and allow them to play the copied cd inside there console! Now I have friends who have moded Xbox's and that pretty cool because they can copy the games to there hard drives, instead of popping in a disk all the time. But they don't take away form the game designers profit, because they still have to purchase the game! Good question!

BlueFox1

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast