View Poll Results: Are we loosing human contact due to modern conveniences?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we are loosing contact!

4 30.77%
  • No, we aren't loosing contact!

2 15.38%
  • Yes and no!

7 53.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Modern conveniances!

Newbie Casben may be famous one day Casben may be famous one day Casben's Avatar
    Thanks

Modern conveniances!

Do you think that with all the new modern conveniences, like computer games and stuff, we are loosing contact with our fellow humans, or that thanks to modern conveniences, like the internet and phones and modern art like films, paintings and stuff, we are actually having more human contact than before!
    I tink we have more contact than ever!
    Last edited by Casben; Jul 14, 2006 at 04:38 AM.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

Re: Modern conveniances!

i think now we have so many different ways to communicate that we are able to get to know other people in different parts of the world. I would never met the cool people on AO if it wasn't for the interent!!!!

Plus i use my mobile so much that i can't live without it!! Technology has just become such a key thing in my life that i don't think i could live without it!!

Woot post 600!!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Otaku Nodes Champion, Flames of Fury Champion shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz may be famous one day shadowrulz's Avatar
    the sign says "in a black hole". Is that even possible?!?!
    Thanks

There are parts of me saying that we're losing contacts and gaining contacts. I know for me, it helped me get freinds. But, I still need to get more freinds near where I live. Very lonely over here.

A big thanks to Renn for the sig! THANK YOU!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i think if the world loat power
    where nothing worked people would
    wonder thw streets like zombies. heck
    the people behind the cash register couldt use
    there head to add the money they would be so
    usless. lucky for my i am a servivalist everyone else
    wouldt be able to live off the land and stuff like me
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Stray Sheep Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun may be famous one day Aya-kun's Avatar
    Thanks

lolz. I totally support with modern tech. It helps us to communicate with people all around the world! omg! such a god gifted chance! i woudln't be here if not for what technology of today has done!

bout losing touch in human.... i'll emphasize more about it next time..
    because it will take me a long time to type them out.. and i'll be missing in the 5000 post thread. you dont want that to happen unless you do want sheep to disappear from the chat thread right? ^_^
    baa~
    [CENTER]+ Sheep Blogs at PaperDiaries +

Devoted Otaku ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity may be famous one day ZeRoGravity's Avatar
    Thanks

We're losing social contact, like instead of going out and actually meeting people we end up meeting people on the net which you cannot see. It is because of new ways of communicating the world seems to have become smaller thus a global village.

Its great that we can meet new people so much easily but its an double edge sword. Some people might end up being "shut in's". Individuals that doesn't go out, and it seems people loses the ability to use the telephone. Instead of using the phone they will wait for until you log on to msn.

Yes, I have experience with that. My friend would "omg where the hell were you?! I needed to tell you what we're doing tomorrow." I would reply "umm ever heard of a telephone?"
    Last edited by ZeRoGravity; Jul 14, 2006 at 12:17 PM.

Otaku Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic may be famous one day Oldmagic's Avatar
    Thanks

it's an advantage and a disadvantage in every way. with technology we are evolving in many different ways. Humans progress and we never stop. It's like trying to stop a train with your bare hands.

We loose something and gain something. An equvelant Trade. An eye for an eye.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Yes and no.

We are loosing contact with fellow humans beings. For example, instead of actually seeing them instead we simply send a sms on a mobile phone, To say Happy Birthday, Merry x-mas or to dump a b/f g/f. What happened to actually seeing them face to face to say these things, or even giving them a phone call and talking to them would be ok.

But no, because it keeps us in contact. I'm in contact all the time ( thanks to msn) with friends who have moved away and friend from old schools i used to go to. If it wasn't for the internet, I would never hear from them again! I'm meeting and learning about cultures overseas by talking to people, it's great! It makes life so much easier in every aspect!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast