View Poll Results: Are we loosing human contact due to modern conveniences?

Voters
13. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, we are loosing contact!

4 30.77%
  • No, we aren't loosing contact!

2 15.38%
  • Yes and no!

7 53.85%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Modern conveniances!

Sophist of Satire Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia may be famous one day Exoparadapsyphobia's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Modern conveniances!

Very good question, I think now more than ever people are becoming more and more non-social, unpersonal and more secluded by the conveniences of technology. Before people would have to get out of there houses and go next door to talk to someone, face to face and eye to eye. But now with so many communication convenient technologies we might only have to move a few feet to our computer to get in contact with someone non verbaly. I also believe games play a big role in human seclusion, with things like Xbox Live and computer gaming all someone has to do to have fun with someone else is hope on their computer or press a button on their Xbox, but before you would go swimming, biking or go play some kind of other physical game with a friend. But now it seems that being social and personal is becoming outdated very rapidly and social activity will only decrease more as time goes on and technology gets more advanced and convenient.
    Last edited by Exoparadapsyphobia; Jul 14, 2006 at 10:17 PM.
    Death is your most loyal companion, for he will never fail you.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

the digital age has definite pluses, but as the law of science says, every pro has a con. Now that china and the rest of the 3rd world countries are coming out of the holes of poverty, we have to start looking into our problems with energy sources and pollution. Do you honestly think technology has brought everyone closer together? What do you REALLY know about a person online, for instance? I don't know what halfof you look like, I don't know what you sound like, your attitudes, hell, I don't even know your name. Communication is merely easier, and now you can buy stuff at literally the push of a button. That's about as far as we've come recently.

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to say no to the decreased contact. As it is, you could instantly communicate with someone on the other side of the planet in real time, Where as before even if you knew someone on the other side of the planet, it would take generally months to even get a message to them (not to mention the reply).

But, I feel we are destroying the way we communicate. I'll admit, I am not the best speller out there, but I take the time to go through and spell check, I take the time to try and cap my I's and use semi-decent grammar (Don't get me started on time-tenses). But have you seen some of these people who can't even take the time to add a "y" and an "o" to you? I can hardly even stand to take in the opinion of someone who finds it too difficult to do this. Not only is it demeaning to the person, but you are destroying a language all in the name of convenience.
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Otaku Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage may be famous one day Heartless_mage's Avatar
    Thanks

to say that we are losing contact would be mocking the website that you posted this thread on

Click here to be Myspace groupies......lol
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is the Bunny Lord. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination

Newbie Mindfreak may be famous one day Mindfreak may be famous one day Mindfreak's Avatar
    Thanks

I think we are gaining contact really.

Newbie ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah i think that we are more connected now than ever
    cause of all the technology we can talk to people around the world in the computer or talk to them over the phone
    but we just get distracted by games and stuff
    but im not complaining about it cause im a gamer myself and that doesnt disconnect me from the world outside

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i also think if the world was to loos its tech kids everywhewre would tunr into
    zombies fro not knowing what todo like making crystal radio's ha ha
    i know how to do this and no its not made of crystal its just a nic for it
    and most kids know nothing about survial in the woods or even how to trap food
    if there hungry . everyone is used to the fact that they dont need manual labour to do anything anymore hardly. we would just be in bad shape
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2