+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moral and peer-preasure

Otaku NightFox may be famous one day NightFox may be famous one day NightFox's Avatar
    Thanks

Moral and peer-preasure

Past few days I have notised that people moral is somehow affected by peer
    preasure. Like in cases were public opinion is against it but law says that
    it's legal.
    Like in marriage between cousins(1st). Law says it's legal(atlaest in Finland)
    but public opinion is highly against it. Also same goes with lesbian/gay
    relationships. Althou in last case public opinion in changing we are still
    affected by peer-preasure when it comes to our moral decisions.

I personaly have to admit that even thou I try to include this explampe to
    my mind when I made my mind about some new moral question I also
    sometimes get affected by peer-preasure in hard questions.
    How about you?

Please share what you think about this and have you notised that you are
    affected or just say that you aren't...well we all are affected by many just
    don't notise it.

Love hurts...trust me I know, I really do...

Banned Shinobi- may be famous one day Shinobi- may be famous one day Shinobi-'s Avatar
    Thanks
    it is just who we are as a people, the things that we don't understand we often judge as bad or unacceptable. Because things like love can't (in my opinion) be chosen, it come to you. All around us everyone submits to peer- pressure, just to fit in and not stand out among the masses. It take a lot of courage to stand and put of life up or people to poke and prod at.

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks
    Peer pressure doesn't phase me. I just don't let it bother me. I think it's dumb to give in to what other people are telling you to do so I just ignore it all. It does affect people in many ways, though, but I can't say I'm one of them.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I think everyone is affected by peer pressure one way or another, some people just a more than others.

I have to say I'm extremely unaffected by peer pressure, I don't follow the latest trends, use fashionable words, I don't change my opinion easily, etc.

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ah, I mentioned a similar phenomenon in the 'Race' thread. People tend to say one thing in front of people, but then act/believe/think other things in private and/or in the grace of others like themselves. That's just one of the effects of peer-pressue, and like Hassun mentioned, everyone is probably affected by it; some more than others.

That in mind, I try to just state what I honestly believe, and if I'm not quite sure what I believe, I try to point out what I agree and disagree with the current 'sides' on the issue. And then there's issues where I state my personal opinion, but what I think should be the decision for society (i.e. highly controversal topics).

If my opinion is alongside the majority, fine; if it's not, even better - that's where the debate aspect comes into play and that's when things get interesting
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Trance Addict jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927 may be famous one day jaam0927's Avatar
    Thanks
    In orther to change my mind youll have to show me HARD PROOF of the topic... and even with that there is like a 50% I would change my mind... so I pretty much take my own views on things and if I think I have to change somthing I do it and if I dont it stays like that... so outside components rarely affect my points of view... but I mean every person is different...
    Thank you SasuraiHell for making my sig. ur the best.
    "I came, I saw, I conquered" - Julious Cesar

Newbie Belthasar may be famous one day Belthasar may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sincere View Post
    Peer pressure doesn't phase me. I just don't let it bother me. I think it's dumb to give in to what other people are telling you to do so I just ignore it all. It does affect people in many ways, though, but I can't say I'm one of them.
    Me neither, I'm glad to say. Most people are stupid so I think it's a bad idea to give in to peer presure. It's the reason people still drink alcohol.

Newbie Hana_Chann may be famous one day Hana_Chann may be famous one day Hana_Chann's Avatar
    Thanks
    Peer Pressure never bothered me, I agree with Sincere and Belthaser. I saw what my classmates were doing, and I never wanted to be part of it...it makes you lose your identity and it can hurt you greatly down the road.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast