+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Moral and their begginings

Newbie legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten may be famous one day legacy2Bwritten's Avatar
    Thanks

Moral and their begginings

Well I just wanted to comment on the idea of whats moral and whats not?
    First lets start by deffining what morral is, for me for example is just what is right and wrong. Dramatic but in a sense a effective persuation, stappling a baby to the wall, bad( this the example my sophmore teacher gave us, not me I did not come up with it!) So we all have morals but where do we get them from. In a sense to bring in the 9/11 tragedy was what the Iraq(i) people thought in their sense moral, for what reasons I don't know but u get the point. Elavorate on that concept.

Newbie Claudius Rousseau may be famous one day Claudius Rousseau may be famous one day Claudius Rousseau's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Moral and their begginings

Morals define what is acceptable and unacceptable to a particular group of people/person.
    What's acceptable to you may not be acceptable to me.

The reason why i used the word acceptable rather than good/bad is because nothing is inherently good/bad. It is the acceptability of things that defines one from the other as good/bad.

The diversity of our definition of good/bad is contingent upon so many factors (i.e. religion, culture, family beliefs/traditions, personal beliefs, etc.)

It is us where morals came from, and morals continually evolve as man's belief and rationale of things evolve.

Newbie Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread may be famous one day Admiral_Dread's Avatar
    Thanks

globalpolicy.org - analysis - 9/11: Causes, Repercussions and Consequences

Erm... Well no... The Iraqi people had NOTHING at all to do with 9/11. That was the Taliban, who are in Afghanistan. We went after Saddam because we thought (wrongly) that had weapons of mass destruction capable of being used on us and that they had (also incorrect) ties with the Taliban.

Morality is based off your cultural upbringing and how you apply that to your experience that make what is right and what is wrong. Anything can be "right" or "wrong" if you have enough people to believe it so. The only way one could get a definite answer to what is right and wrong, is if you somehow had access to every single person's memory's and experiences on the planet. An unlikely event if any...
    Last edited by Admiral_Dread; Jul 31, 2006 at 03:58 PM. Reason: -ing failure
    Like one that on a lonesome road doth walk in fear and dread.

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

morals are a perodox becuase they can be learned in
    manyway and what some think of as bad moral's spanking
    a chile for example could be seen as good morals by somone else
    its just how you percive it
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. You learn morals from whoever you listen to the opinions of. If you respect their opinion, then you learn from them. If you don't, then you really don't care and therefore, you ignore what they say is right or wrong.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

Pretty much morality would stem from the simple instinct to live. Humans are social animals, and live close to together. Back in the prehistoric days, everyone worked for the survival of the group. If one of the group started stapling babies to walls, he would destroy the groups chance of survival. If he started eating all the food rather than sharing, the group (including him) would die.

It would have started out as just the instinctual will to live, and as society has progressed more moral issues have arisen, but it still retains the notion of 'what's best for the group.'

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Bored college student fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod may be famous one day fayt lingod's Avatar
    Thanks

chubz has something goin there, i agree wit him.

thanks to zyta for the sick sig and avy!

Newbie Itachi-Uchiha may be famous one day Itachi-Uchiha may be famous one day Itachi-Uchiha's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fayt lingod View Post
    chubz has something goin there, i agree wit him.
    I also agree with chubz......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast