Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: The morality of cloning

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

The morality of cloning

What is Cloning?
    Cloning is a scientific outbreak and a whole new chapter in our science texts! Cloning dated back in 1885 when the first clone was made. It wasn’t a human or a popular animal, it was just and urchin that was clone through a mistake by the scientists. The process to clone the urchin was simply to shake two genes of the urchin and make the cells fall apart making another exact urchin. With that knowledge, we have a better aspect on how to clone. There are now two processes of cloning, Reproductive and Therapeutic. “In the reproductive method of cloning, a cloned embryo is implanted in the womb of a female with the intention of creating cloned offspring” (Sung Choi, Associated Content). The Therapeutic method of cloning is like Reproductive but, “… instead of producing a cloned embryo to place in a womb, the point of this procedure is to generate stem cells” (Sung Choi, Associated Content). Some religions are completely against human cloning because it defies their god or what they believe in. Homosexuals like the method of human cloning because it is one way to have children and raise a family. Homosexuality isn’t accepted in some religions also which raises quite an argument. Even if it is a scientific discovery, the two main concerns for people were if the morality of cloning would be positive or negative and if we would abuse the fact that we are “playing God

Some Arguments and references

Some day, when cloning is deeper employed into our society, some dangers and advantages may occur. Religions would be angered by such a movement and human cloning might be abused. Cloning would be abused by scientists who would want to do research on how to rid people of diseases by using clones and guinea pigs. If a human clone goes on to live long enough for it to become one with our society, the fact is that we would treat it like it was not one of us (Nancy farmer, House of the Scorpion). The truth is that there is no difference between a clone and a normal human except for the way that the person was born or harvested. If you cut a human, it will bleed as well with a clone. If you kill a human, it will die as well as a clone. A clone has no unusual aspects to it that make it look different from a normal person. A protest in cloning would defiantly be immense in the Catholic/Christian faith. According to their faith, “in the beginning God created man and woman and told them to reproduce … This was to be done within a Scriptural marriage of a man and his wife” (David E. Pratte, Cloning of humans, Gospel way). The purpose of cloning is the opposite of what is asked by God in the Catholic/Christian faith.

In the novel, House of the Scorpion, Nancy farmer places in an extremely well done stimulation of how the world would react if cloning was brought upon our society. Our society would completely plummet into a result where Nancy Farmer’s fictional tale, becomes true facts. What our society will do are use clones for organs or medical research. If the clones are off on their own and the fact that it is a clone is known, then the clone would be in totally alienated, mocked, and looked down upon. In the book, a character named Tam Lin told the main character, which is a clone, that people cannot tell the difference between a clone and a human. That is obvious because a human clone is a clone of a human, having the same qualities and properties that make it a human. Practices of humans have been strong when it comes to depriving a child’s life. Anti-abortionists go against cloning for the sole reason that it is defiance towards letting people have a child the way God, or society enables it to.

In our modern world society today, people want human rights to be one of the main concerns for people, and it is. Human cloning could potentially end up in a hazardous area where it would place clones into an era of complete alienation. “It’s designation as potential is upheld by the fact that it has not yet been implanted into a surrogate mother, and is not guaranteed absent human action” (G. Syolyarov II, The morality of cloning, Associated Content). What is morally correct when it comes to how cloning is done. Some people will believe that all ways of cloning would be immoral. Eric Durso, Dolly and the ban on human cloning, thinks that “cloning that involves embryos is immoral.” Both ways have certain types of views that would create controversy. What is worse than even calling cloning immoral is that it will take scientists a while to finalize how to perfectly clone a human. That would result in tons of embryos that die in the process. That is what Anti-abortionists and religious people fight over.

My opinion

From all the evidence that is given, many people in our society today do not accept the human cloning idea as one solution to medicinal outbreaks. I was taken in by how many people were against the idea of cloning a human. The morality of cloning a human would have a definite negative impact on our society. The disadvantages have outweighed the advantages by a lot and that wants me to believe that cloning isn’t useful. Cloning is useful if used I a proper way, but people may end up corrupt thus resulting in a negative impact on our society. There is no problem with cloning except for people trying to play God, but in other words there are advantages and being human corrupts us and leads us the wrong way. The problem with the morality of cloning is not the fact that the impact may be negative, but rather that our society is not ready for such an outbreak scientifically. Do you personnally agree?

Nisou Tenshi Hot Shots Champion, Elroy Learns To Fly Champion, Daves Castle Hunt Champion, Mom-Jongg! Champion, Uncle Sam Champion Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel may be famous one day Priestess Angel's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The morality of cloning

I honestly haven't thought of the issue much. I am afraid of what the result would be of cloning. If someone was to be cloned how would that clone be treated. They would most likely be treated more like a science experiment than an actual person and that's just not right. I know it could help couples have families if they are not fertile but whatever happened to adoption? Using them for experiments is just morally wrong and the other things that have come to mind that it could be useful for. Other then that I can't see how cloning could benefit anyone.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

The Therapeutic method of cloning is like Reproductive but, “… instead of producing a cloned embryo to place in a womb, the point of this procedure is to generate stem cells” (Sung Choi, Associated Content).
    and this is why I'm all for it. While people are argueing about the 'moral' issues of it, there are people that are out there suffering because we don't want the technology to save them to go ahead.

Not that we should ignore the moral issues, nor would it fix them straight away ( the technology to do it is there, but we just need to let the research go ahead so that they can).

Therapeutic cloning has the potential to grow organs that specifically fits a person. No more people dieing because they are waiting up to 10 months for a lung donor that will suit them, and also no more rejection from those lungs. Permant spinal injuries will be able to be fixed, degenerative brain diseases could be cured/ prevented the list could go on and on and on.

taking stems cells from embryos is not the only way. There are methods that take cells from adults. There you go moral issues solved? (partly even?).

and look at it like this - if we are so strict and fussy about it now with all our laws and moral issues, do you really think in the future it's going to be any different? So long as we got those religous groups and right to lifers I don't think so.

I believe cloning technology should be utilised. It has so much potential for those who are suffereing and those who will suffer in the future. Why not let it go ahead, but not without controls, regular checks restrictions on exactly what they can and cannot do.

Other than that type of cloning I don't think, nor I don't want the cloning of full breathing humans to ever go ahead.

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

i cant really think it was super-bad as long as they dont try to amass an army. or make bio-enhanced soldiers.

cloning animals or plants can be a useful tool in fighting hunger, or helping a dying species

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

cloning, is a little weird, how about stickin with the robots or sumthin.lol Because think about a human created person, it would have no soul, it'd be like a zombie in a way. Playing God is a no no

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

yeah, i agree, but cloning tech would be good for making new organs for ppl who need them. also, blood could probably be synthesized, although i can garuntee the government would put something in it...

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

I would agree with only making organs to help people survive. But not an entire person

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Ochi Gate View Post
    i cant really think it was super-bad as long as they dont try to amass an army. or make bio-enhanced soldiers.

cloning animals or plants can be a useful tool in fighting hunger, or helping a dying species
    Who would make an army of clones? (sci-fi not included!) What i was trying to say in my post was that people are treatig clones like they arent humans... and use them as guinea pigs. Is that right to you?

Quote Originally Posted by anime_being_god View Post
    I would agree with only making organs to help people survive. But not an entire person
    HOW WOULD MAKING ORGANS BE ANY GOOD?! thats basicly killing off many LIVING creatures for they're organs! Many and many lifes, embryos and zygots will be lost and we would have a giant waste on human body parts! Clones are still people who where "harvested" they are still human

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast