Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: The morality of cloning

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The morality of cloning

Quote Originally Posted by Spin Da Ish View Post
    HOW WOULD MAKING ORGANS BE ANY GOOD?! thats basicly killing off many LIVING creatures for they're organs! Many and many lifes, embryos and zygots will be lost and we would have a giant waste on human body parts! Clones are still people who where "harvested" they are still human
    First of all not everyone believes that an embryo is life, Secondly, it is not the only method used to create organs or for cloning techniques. Thirdly, you do not have to create a whole human clone, simply to harvest an organ out of it. They can grow the whole organ in labs without having to 'grow' a whole human. It was even on the news recently where I was. Growing whole humans to harvest is just fiction seen in movies and stories, nor will the human race ever allow it.

'Embryo's' used in this method are quite literally just ball of cells. Infact, it's probably not even the embryo that your thinking of. In one method all it is an adult cell merged with a human egg to make it grow into a bunch of stem cells in which can then be told to turn into other things such as lung cells to form a whole lung

Abomination Smacky Champion, Celebrity Power Lifte Champion, Crash Test Dummy High Jump Champion, Super Track 2001 Champion, Endless Flight Champion, Drop Kick Champion, Bloody Rage Champion, Dropkick The Faint Champion, Splash Back Champion Spin Da Ish is off to a good start Spin Da Ish's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    First of all not everyone believes that an embryo is life, Secondly, it is not the only method used to create organs or for cloning techniques. Thirdly, you do not have to create a whole human clone, simply to harvest an organ out of it. They can grow the whole organ in labs without having to 'grow' a whole human. It was even on the news recently where I was. Growing whole humans to harvest is just fiction seen in movies and stories, nor will the human race ever allow it.

'Embryo's' used in this method are quite literally just ball of cells. Infact, it's probably not even the embryo that your thinking of. In one method all it is an adult cell merged with a human egg to make it grow into a bunch of stem cells in which can then be told to turn into other things such as lung cells to form a whole lung
    The fact taht i was trying to state was that we would use clongin to make a perfect human clone to use it's organs for transplants and to find out any new medical discoveries.

*I edited my 'essay' with a few less grammatical errors and more arguments*

what is cloning?

Cloning is a scientific development and a whole new chapter in our science texts! Cloning dates back 1885 when the first clone was made. It wasn’t a human or a popular animal; it was just a sea urchin that was clone through a mistake by the scientists. The process to clone the urchin was simply to shake the two cells of the urchin and make the cells fall apart making an identical urchin (Eric Durso, Dolly and the ban on human cloning 1). With that knowledge, we have a better aspect on how to clone. There are now two processes of cloning, Reproductive and Therapeutic. “In the reproductive method of cloning, a cloned embryo is implanted in the womb of a female with the intention of creating cloned offspring” (Sung Choi, Associated Content). The Therapeutic method of cloning is like Reproductive but, “… instead of producing a cloned embryo to place in a womb, the point of this procedure is to generate stem cells” (Sung Choi, Associated Content). Some religions are completely against human cloning because it defies their god or what they believe in. Homosexuals like the method of human cloning because it is one way to have children and raise a family. Homosexuality isn’t accepted in some religions which also raises arguments. Even if it is a scientific discovery, the two main concerns for people were if the morality of cloning would be positive or negative and if we would abuse the fact that we are “playing God.”

Some Arguments

Some day, when cloning is employed in our society, some dangers may occur. Religions would be angered by such a movement and human cloning might be abused. Cloning would be abused by scientists who would want to do research on how to rid people of diseases by using clones and guinea pigs. If a human clone were to inhabit our society, they wouldn’t be treated the same way humans treat other humans (Nancy farmer, House of the Scorpion ). The truth is that there would be no difference between a clone and a normal human except for the way that the person would be born. If you cut a human, it will bleed; as does a clone. If you kill a human, it will die; so does a clone. A clone has no unusual aspects to it that make it look different from a normal person. One major danger that might arrive in our society would be the deaths of many embryos and fetuses. The vast amount of ways that cloning can go wrong is infinite. People would go corrupt and use clones for spare parts like El Patron in Nancy Farmer’s novel, House of the scorpion. El patron blinds himself with his power and uses his clones as a “extra battery” for his life. Another major danger would come up in the Catholic/Christian faith. According to their faith, “in the beginning God created man and woman and told them to reproduce … This was to be done within a Scriptural marriage of a man and his wife” (David E. Pratte, Cloning of humans, Gospel way). The purpose of cloning is the opposite of what is asked by God in the Catholic/Christian faith.

In the novel, House of the Scorpion, Nancy Farmer places us in an extremely well done simulation of how the world would react if cloning was brought upon our society. Our society would completely plummet into a situation where Nancy Farmer’s fictional tale, becomes the truth. What our society would do is use the clones for organs or medical research. If the clones are off to fend for themselves and that it is a clone is known, then the clone would be totally alienated, mocked, and looked down upon. In the book, a character named Tam Lin told the main character, who is a clone, that people cannot tell the difference between a clone and a human. That is obvious because a human clone is a clone of a human, having the same qualities and properties that make it a human. What people practice daily, has made a child’s life an important issue. Anti-abortionists go against cloning for the sole reason that it is negative and is not heading towards letting people have a child the way God, or society enables us to. Nancy Farmer uses imagination which may end up true in her novel. The book has proven to be a very reliable source when it comes to portraying a simulation of how our society would handle human cloning.

In our modern world society today, people want human rights to be one of the main concerns for people, and it is. Human cloning could potentially end up in a hazardous area where it would place clones into a situation of complete alienation. “Its designation as potential is upheld by the fact that it has not yet been implanted into a surrogate mother, and is not guaranteed absent human action” (G. Syolyarov II, The morality of cloning, Associated Content 1). This quote means that the reproductive way of cloning is very close to the way humans give birth. All that is missing is the “human action” of birth giving. What is morally correct when it comes to how cloning is done? Some people will believe that all ways of cloning would be immoral. Eric Durso thinks that “cloning that involves embryos is immoral” (Eric Durso, Dolly and the ban on human cloning 1). Both have views creating controversy. What is worse than even calling cloning immoral is that it will take scientists a while to finalize how to perfectly clone a human. That would result in vast amounts of embryos that die in the process. That is what Anti-abortionists and religious people fight over. Is the cloning of humans all worth the trouble? There is no way that killing innocent embryos and killing clones for organs would be worth living another year, hospitalized.

What I think

From all the evidence that is given, many people in our society today do not accept the human cloning as a solution to medical problems. There are many people were against the idea of cloning a human. The morality of cloning a human would have a definite negative impact on our society. The disadvantages have outweighed the advantages by a lot and that wants me to believe that cloning isn’t useful. Cloning is useful if used in a proper way, but people may end up corrupt thus resulting in a negative impact on our society. There is no problem with cloning except for people trying to play God. There are advantages and being human corrupts us and leads us the wrong way. The problem with the morality of cloning is not the fact that the impact may be negative, but rather that our society is not ready for such a development.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

The fact taht i was trying to state was that we would use clongin to make a perfect human clone to use it's organs for transplants and to find out any new medical discoveries.
    But that's what I was trying to say - you don't have to make a perfect human clone to use it's organs for transplants or to make new medical discoveries. There the technology is there now so al we have to do is make the single organ without creating a whole cloned human. eg. if some one needed a kidney transplant, they would grow a single kidney in a lab for the transplant - no whole humans involved. Technology has been created to use less morally invasive techniques. I would think that this technique would be quicker and cheaper and save more lives in the process

~always by your side~ Radarix Champion, Virus 2 Champion, Virus 3 Champion fireandice is off to a good start fireandice's Avatar
    Thanks

I would have to with _gwenibe_ on this one. We don't need or even have to create a full human clone to reap the benifits of cloning. To clone for transplants and treatment, in lab envirments, I am all for. But to completely clone a full human, I am not. We would be messing with things that we shouldn't when it all came down. Mabey in a few decades I could see it being closer to a posibabilty. But as for now, no it's not a good idea.

Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Thanks

Cloning a full operational human won't be possible in my opinion because even if humans cloned flesh of the body they can never create a soul that lives inside ... i mean the soul is a God-class creation ... humans are not given that knowledge and i think they won't be able to obtain it ...
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

My Entity Is Unknown anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god is making a name for themselves anime_being_god's Avatar
    Thanks

HOW WOULD MAKING ORGANS BE ANY GOOD?! thats basicly killing off many LIVING creatures for they're organs! Many and many lifes, embryos and zygots will be lost and we would have a giant waste on human body parts! Clones are still people who where "harvested" they are still human
    Stem cell research is plenty enough, no making full clones is nessacry, with stem cell u can simply make an arm or a leg, whats the need to create a full person and then chop them up????

Besides creating people with scentific means is surely against God, and I dont really care if you believe in him or not.

1st Sig finished 12-20-09

Otaku Frisbee Throwing Champion, Yeti 1 Greece Champion Billum256 is off to a good start Billum256's Avatar
    Thanks

Though i do belive in God I am under the impression that cloning isn't really that bad. If we bring a full body into existance then I believe that God would give it a soul making it a human being. I don't believe that our DNA really matters much to God. Also I fully back stem cell research it helps humanity so much. As long as we don't kill the babies, we have to only use the blood from the anbilical cord.
    98% of AO members are yaoi or lollicon fans. If you are part of the 2% that are not, copy and paste this into your sig

Sig By Me
    "We're all sinners in the hands of the loving God"

One Man Army Ochi Gate is off to a good start Ochi Gate's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    we have to only use the blood from the anbilical cord.
    right. and to spin da ish (which is an original name, btw) you dont have to grow a whole clone to grow an organ. thats the great thing about it, you could possibly even get the subject's DNA for the organ, so that the body wont reject it (dont hold me to that, im no bio engineer)

"You will only have eyes for Me!"

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast