Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 17 to 24 of 79

Thread: The morality of cloning

  1. #17
    ~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    In the gallery
    Posts
    1,376
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 35 Times in 31 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    Didn't dolly die prematurely? and I think a lot of other cloned things did too. There are still a lot of issues with cloning full humans. eg. If the DNA old, bodies not what implications does that have on the clone. Other than that, as a society I don't think we'll ever let it go ahead, Provide western countries remain a democracy that is.

    Quote Originally Posted by Billum256 View Post
    As long as we don't kill the babies, we have to only use the blood from the anbilical cord.
    Though it is one way, they are now researching to use adult cells, though it's in early days, apparently it's been successful. No need to 'kill' embryos ( though all they were, were balls of cells..)

  2. #18
    AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    I hope everyone realizes that an identical twin, is in fact a clone. A natural clone, but a clone nonetheless. The twins have seperate personalities. One isnt mistreated, or misused.

    An artificial clone would be born, like any other human. It would be raised like any other human. It would develop its own personality, like any other human. Eventually, it will die, like any other human. There is nothing negative about it. The clone will still have a "soul", because if it doesnt, then neither does a twin. Involving religion in science is nonsense.

    If you say it isnt natural, then heres my argument to that. Neither is medicine. Trying to create new chemicals and bacteria to fight diseases, would be, as you put it, "playing god".

    Getting surgery to stop heart failure, or to remove fat, or to change your appearance, is as you say, "playing god".

    So if you believe that genetic engineering, and cloning is "playing god", or "unnatural", dont ever take any kind of medical treatment ever again, or else you are a hypocrite.


    Also, when people say human cloning can fight some diseases, or replace dead organs, they dont mean that scientists will clone humans, then harvest the human for organs. They mean they will clone the organs seperately.

    It can be done you know. They already do it with skin. They take a few cells of live skin, put it in a petri dish with a special fluid in it. The cells will get the energy from the fluid, and divide, as if they were still on the body. Soon the petri dish will be filled with a layer of skin. The skin is then used to replace burnt skin in burn victims. That is cloning in its simplest form.

    I support human cloning, stem cell research, and genetic engineering.

  3. #19
    Otaku Dune Bashing In Dubai Champion, Yetisports 10 - Icicle Climb Champion, Yeti Bubbles Champion overload is off to a good start overload's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    the Dark Side
    Posts
    494
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    Quote Originally Posted by LichGRIFFIN View Post
    Cloning a full operational human won't be possible in my opinion because even if humans cloned flesh of the body they can never create a soul that lives inside ... i mean the soul is a God-class creation ... humans are not given that knowledge and i think they won't be able to obtain it ...
    you say that the "Soul" is a God-class creation, right... who says that we have souls? for all we know is that we just exist... think about it.
    as for the cloning of humans, why would we want to? yes sure there are the scientific sides and the medical sides to it, but what about the rest?
    who says that the "Clone" does not have rights? all people, be it clones or not have the right to life...

  4. #20
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    Quote Originally Posted by overload View Post
    you say that the "Soul" is a God-class creation, right... who says that we have souls? for all we know is that we just exist... think about it.
    as for the cloning of humans, why would we want to? yes sure there are the scientific sides and the medical sides to it, but what about the rest?
    who says that the "Clone" does not have rights? all people, be it clones or not have the right to life...
    Of course we have souls ... the prove on that that robots/machines can never be humans ,right? .. because that's the only piece left that human couldn't build ... cloning has many sides as science itself ... it will serve great causes ... destructive purposes and useful ones (medical ,social ... etc).
    Last edited by LichGRIFFIN; Nov 29, 2007 at 02:48 PM.
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

  5. #21
    Otaku Oroboros Champion nexusolus is off to a good start nexusolus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    255
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    I hope everyone realizes that an identical twin, is in fact a clone. A natural clone, but a clone nonetheless. The twins have seperate personalities. One isnt mistreated, or misused.

    An artificial clone would be born, like any other human. It would be raised like any other human. It would develop its own personality, like any other human. Eventually, it will die, like any other human. There is nothing negative about it. The clone will still have a "soul", because if it doesnt, then neither does a twin. Involving religion in science is nonsense.

    If you say it isnt natural, then heres my argument to that. Neither is medicine. Trying to create new chemicals and bacteria to fight diseases, would be, as you put it, "playing god".

    Getting surgery to stop heart failure, or to remove fat, or to change your appearance, is as you say, "playing god".

    So if you believe that genetic engineering, and cloning is "playing god", or "unnatural", dont ever take any kind of medical treatment ever again, or else you are a hypocrite.


    How can you say religion and science dont mix, and talk about souls and cloning at the same time? Also if hypotheticaly a clone didn't have a soul why wouldnt a twin? Twins are born naturally not made in a tube, laboratory or somthing like that.

    Made by me.

  6. #22
    AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    Neither is a clone. You are misinformed.

    Also, i put soul in quotation marks. I am talking in a Christian sense. To be honest, theres no evidence a soul really exists. Its a fact that your consiousness, your personality, your thinking processes, your mind, is all from your brain. A combination of memories and experiences, getting recalled, and remembered, and replayed inside your brain. That is a mind.

    A soul.. What is a soul? Look. A clone would be no different then any other human, besides the fact that it wasnt created with an egg and sperm, which is irrelevant.

  7. #23
    Golden Crypt Lord James Bunny Champion, Leaf Bouncer Champion, Flying Pengus Champion, Jungle Jumble Champion, Hungry Hippaul Champion LichGRIFFIN may be famous one day LichGRIFFIN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Realm of Dark Illusions
    Posts
    1,372
    Thanks
    61
    Thanked 46 Times in 43 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    Quote Originally Posted by mellow maromi View Post
    Neither is a clone. You are misinformed.

    Also, i put soul in quotation marks. I am talking in a Christian sense. To be honest, theres no evidence a soul really exists. Its a fact that your consiousness, your personality, your thinking processes, your mind, is all from your brain. A combination of memories and experiences, getting recalled, and remembered, and replayed inside your brain. That is a mind.

    A soul.. What is a soul? Look. A clone would be no different then any other human, besides the fact that it wasnt created with an egg and sperm, which is irrelevant.
    souls does exist ... if they didn't then what's the difference between us and machines? plus there's a lot of things that are stated from our consciousness and other reasons you mentioned ... like Heaven ,Hell ,angels ,devils and God himself
    Life and Death are always one and the same
    EVEN IF A RAINBOW IS BROKEN THERE'S STILL THE SKY

  8. #24
    AO Animator mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi may be famous one day mellow maromi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    705
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 9 Times in 9 Posts

    Re: The morality of cloning

    What makes us different then machines? Machines are constructions created by humans that exploit the laws of physics in order to make our lives easier. They dont think, they have no consciousness. They arent made out of organic matter. They dont grow, or reproduce, which means they arent alive. Thats how they are different then humans.

    A soul is just what people thought back in the old days what our consciousness was. Now we know that our consciousness comes from out brain.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Euthanasia... (morality of...)
    By Rook in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: Jul 13, 2007, 02:07 AM
  2. Human Cloning
    By bloodymoonreaper in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: May 18, 2006, 01:56 PM
  3. Doctor's morality
    By NightFox in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Apr 29, 2006, 02:21 AM
  4. A Question Of Morality
    By perezsh in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Apr 27, 2006, 07:11 PM
  5. are you for or against cloning?
    By preston drake in forum Debate and Discuss
    Replies: 131
    Last Post: Apr 20, 2006, 08:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts