Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mormons Are they Good Or Evil People?

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mormons Are they Good Or Evil People?

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I personally don't like some of their believes
    Specifically which ones don't you like? Perhaps some of them might be related to some of the topics discussed in the previous thread: Whats the Deal with the Mormon Religion?

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

So why would Mormons be considered any different then, lets say Republicans leaving Bush/Cheney literature on your door step. Would anyone who's belief you disagree with who rings your door bell be considered evil???
    Yeah, but how many times does that happen? I've never gotten political literature dropped on my doorstep, but have got dozens of visits by Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. I think whats bothering him is the way they go about it. Do you see catholics, Jews, Islamics, Buddist doing this? No!!

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aceman67 View Post
    Specifically which ones don't you like? Perhaps some of them might be related to some of the topics discussed in the previous thread: Whats the Deal with the Mormon Religion?
    Well, there is this one belief among Mormons that black people are second class citizens in heaven (something like that). I think its a bit weird to think such thing when Jesus himself had brownish/blackish skin color.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yeah, but how many times does that happen? I've never gotten political literature dropped on my doorstep, but have got dozens of visits by Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses. I think whats bothering him is the way they go about it. Do you see catholics, Jews, Islamics, Buddist doing this? No!!
    Catholics, Jews, Islamics, Buddist think that a person its the one that choses what to believe in, so there is no need for them to go converting people against their own will (something like that).

Though, even if they are annoying one should respect them. Its written in the Bible that one has to love its neighbor (something like that, i haven't read the Bible in a long time so i might be totally wrong on that statement).

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, there is this one belief among Mormons that black people are second class citizens in heaven (something like that). I think its a bit weird to think such thing when Jesus himself had brownish/blackish skin color.
    Well supposedly that wasn't true. They just didn't want them to be priest in the past.

Jesus was just brownish/blackish because that was just the body he was born into. To fit in with the people around him and appear as one of them. If he came to the ppl of some Asian country he'd look Asian.

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Well supposedly that wasn't true. They just didn't want them to be priest in the past.

Jesus was just brownish/blackish because that was just the body he was born into. To fit in with the people around him and appear as one of them. If he came to the ppl of some Asian country he'd look Asian.
    I agree with you on that one, but still such believes is what make other people despite the Mormons.

I find it weird that when Jesus showed up to the Aztecs he looked European.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Then I ask the question again: Does that make us evil?

No.

Now, are we good people?

Not a lot of people know this, but the LDS church is often the first to bring in and start relief efforts when disaster strikes. We were there for the Tsunami, and we were there for Katrina too.

My religion teaches that we should help our fellow man when they are in need. A vast majority of members volunteer in their various communities.

I also direct you to my church's Articles of Faith, Written by Joseph Smith, specifically, the 13th.

13. We believe in being honest, true, chaste, benevolent, virtuous, and in doing good to all men; indeed, we may say that we follow the admonition of Paul—We believe all things, we hope all things, we have endured many things, and hope to be able to endure all things. If there is anything virtuous, lovely, or of good report or praiseworthy, we seek after these things.
    I take it you're referring to the Paintings of Jesus teaching to what look like Aztecs. Thats a Painting. When artists create art, they draw from what they know. And for one thing, we can only speculate what they looked like, since this was a couple thousand years ago, and their descendants were later wiped out by the Spanish.
    Last edited by aceman67; Oct 10, 2007 at 11:37 PM.

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

I respect them. But it's hard to respect them when their at your door trying to shove their views down your throat again and again and again. I respect a religion that doesn't go door to door telling people that their religion is good and that you should join it.

If people want to seek out a religion, they'll do it themselves. I could say that they are evil, for trying/attempting to put their views on others like that. But it's clear that they are not evil and that their attentions are for "good".

It's almost a statement saying 'I don't respect your beliefs so I'm coming to try and put mine onto yours'. Sure, if you say politely go away, I'm sure majority would, but the whole intent of going there and teaching people about their religion..isn't that saying something?

Sorry if I offended any one. And I know they have their reasons and beliefs behind it. And yes, I probably don't understand much about that religion, but I don't think that's the point behind this thread in the first place.

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

First of all I want this thread to be as civil as possible
    You've used the word "evil" in the thread title and have, in the process,questioned the morality/ethics of an entire chunk of people based only on their religious beliefs (religious beliefs that I'm assuming you know very little about firsthand).

I think ignorance is a heck of a lot more "evil" than ringing doorbells.

Wait, Jesus showed up to the Aztecs? How in Sam Hill did this happen? Seeing as the Aztecs knew NOTHING of Judeo-Christian religions until they were more or less wiped out by them.

The Aztecs believed that Cortez was THEIR messiah (Quetzcoatl) and they had no idea WHAT Queztcoatl would look like when he did arrive. But seeing a bunch of white guys with totally foreign clothes, weapons and goods on them and believing the area immediately around them to be the entireity of the known world: it would be pretty easy to confuse them for gods.

Islamics... think that a person its the one that choses what to believe in, so there is no need for them to go converting people against their own will (something like that).
    Islam may not knock on doors... but it does go on periodic rampages. Islam has grown in the world largely through agression. The expansion of Islam into Asia has left a path of destroyed temples and statues in it's wake. Islam forbids the worship of "idols", so it's followers have historically wiped out all traces of the former religions of those they conquer.

The radical islamic (islamist) movement that has grown rather powerful in Afganistan, Iran, Iraq, Saudi Arabia, and parts of Pakistan states that the Quran is literally true, to the word, and that the entire world must be unified under a single muslim religion and government. Anyone who denies the Quran, God or defies sharia (islamic law as set foth in the Quran) may (and often is) executed. Countries and cultures that are not islamic are vilified and targetted for criticism, violence, ridicule, boycotts, etc.

Thanks to sharia in Iran: women are still stoned to death for adultery, homosexuality is punishable by death (even if you are victim of a rape), and listening to or playing music can get you prison time.

This is hardly the whole of Islam... but the religion, in it's most common evangelical form: is FAR more aggressive than mormonism.

Islam is actually a lovely religion... if only people would stop taking it so dammned literally (and conveniently drawing a line through all of the parts that condemn violence and the death of innocents).
    Last edited by tsurara; Oct 11, 2007 at 04:34 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast