Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Mormons Are they Good Or Evil People?

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mormons Are they Good Or Evil People?

Just remember that the bible is a highly edited set of books with persons (not gods) deciding what should be included in it, so Folklore was inded excluded and included in the current bible...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by GallComp View Post
    Just remember that the bible is a highly edited set of books with persons (not gods) deciding what should be included in it, so Folklore was inded excluded and included in the current bible...
    Of course. But then again, the story of Lilith is in none of the most known bibles.
    It's completely non-canonical.

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Depends on how you want to look at it, most Bible believers have the faith that God, as truly the embodiment of God and in all his power is very much capable of taking those "men" who edited, translated and wrote the Bible and inspiring them to write ONLY the things God wanted us to know and follow. Keeping them from interjecting any flaw what so ever into the work. You can argue that is bogus but then neither you nor I have any proof one way or the other.

I mean for all anyone knows it is just a bunch of stories, or it could be the true words of God. That is where belief and faith come in...or the lack there of.

Witch Hunter GallComp may be famous one day GallComp may be famous one day GallComp's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hassun View Post
    Of course. But then again, the story of Lilith is in none of the most known bibles.
    It's completely non-canonical.
    Because someone decided to exclude it, not because it has less value than the ones included in the different versions of the bible. The fact is that there is no single thruth, someone follow and believe what is wrote in current bibles, and someone may not and look beyond that either for reference or believe...

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Because someone decided to exclude it, not because it has less value than the ones included in the different versions of the bible. The fact is that there is no single thruth, someone follow and believe what is wrote in current bibles, and someone may not and look beyond that either for reference or believe...
    Of course there's never absolute security but the truth is that many aspects of the bible and especially the angels/demons are all artists' inventions.
    Like the whole origin of the devil. Fallen angel etc. Nowhere to be found in the bible. All Christian inventions.
    According to the Hebrew bible he/she/it is even a normal angel.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh for... Shodokan do you really feel the need to spew your dislike of others so much you need to create a whole thread just to try and demonize one group?

Don't be absurd. Of course it isn't evil any more then the lovely people from the local Hispanic Christian church nearby are when they ask if I would like to go to their religious concerts. Be thankful someone think you are important enough to care about. After all if anyone's faith includes a belief that actions in this life effect your condition in the next to not try and share it with others means that they don't care what happens to you. Just be flattered and politely tell them no.

About Lilith: Good luck arguing that one. Not even scholars that believe in apocrypha can agree where that legend comes from. Ironically the Jewish Mysticism that is supposed to give it credence was apparently created in the 12th century. Since discovering that a good number of the wittings used to back up the Lilith legends were forged at that time I have had a healthy skepticism about the entire thing.

Now isn't that all more then a little off subject?

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    So what foundation is there for Polygamy in Mormonism?
    From the Old Testament where most of the prophets had more then one wife and there were laws in Deuteronomy 21 concerning having more then one wife. So yes, there is a basis for church law concerning having one wife (or husband ) obviously however God makes an exception when necessary. We discussed this slightly in the other thread. If you want specifics feel free to PM me. I'm afraid neither side can be proven from the Bible however since for every verse you can give me against I can give you 3 or 4 for. Personally I believe that they are all correct and merely need to be taken in context depending on the commands of God through his prophets.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ketaro View Post
    I forget in which of the two existent manuscript left by them is this Jesus-like person depicted. There are also paintings dating back thousands of years before Cortez even came to the Americas portraying a person resembling Jesus. By this period of time a priest prophesied that this person would come back again ( it is not clear why he left the Aztec).That's why they mistook Cortez with this Jesus-like person.
    As there are no pre-Westernization Aztecs around to ASK this particular question, the question of their intent is rather up in the air. Though if you follow every written, verbal and painted record they left: they were not believers in Christianity. To believe that they were awaiting a caucasian Jesus is pretty silly (and likely Christians/Caucasians projecting their own hopeful scenario onto something easily explained otherwise).

Remember that we see things through the glasses of our own cultures and beliefs. To us, an image may mean one thing: to it's authors something else entirely. Look at anime. How many times have people asked "Why are the characters all caucasian? Do they want to be white or something?" In reality, 97% of them are not. We expect "Japanese" characters to have slanted eyes, dark hair and short statures... the Japanese themselves don't need this distinction (and in fact, often find it insulting). So anime characters may look "caucasian" to us... when in reality: they are stylized to be more colorful and expressive.

As for Quetzcoatl appearing caucasian in artwork... I can't seem to find any to support this claim.

Usually he's depicted like this (a serpent with feathers): http://www.talariaenterprises.com/images3/6069b.jpg
    How something with no traditional human form can be mistaken for "caucasian" is beyond me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna View Post
    Oh for... Shodokan do you really feel the need to spew your dislike of others so much you need to create a whole thread just to try and demonize one group?

Don't be absurd. Of course it isn't evil any more then the lovely people from the local Hispanic Christian church nearby are when they ask if I would like to go to their religious concerts. Be thankful someone think you are important enough to care about. After all if anyone's faith includes a belief that actions in this life effect your condition in the next to not try and share it with others means that they don't care what happens to you. Just be flattered and politely tell them no.
    Edit: Arriana I'm not talking about your post, I jsut wanted to get into the topic...

There is no evil in religion. The evil come from the people that fanatize their religious beliefs, taking extermist approachs is what has made religions so hated. Chatolics in the past comit horrendous crimes in the name of their beliefs against those who didnt share the same toughts, namely the inquisition. So does this make Chatolisism evil, no of course not, evil are those who took the teachings of the religion to the extreme and murdered innocent people in the name of god.

Salem's witch hunt is even a worst example, accusing members of the same community and religion of witch craft for the smallest act and killng them in the name of god.

Calling mormons evil just because they knock on your door is something really stupid and closeminded, shouldnt you know more about your religion first before accusing others. Oh and I do know about different religions, I dont practice or follow any religion byt I do like to read about them...

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast