Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Mr and Miss right it's a myth

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Mr and Miss right it's a myth

Has anyone said to you that Mr.or Miss right is out there for you ? How about the old lie Oh you meet some one some day ?
    Well the truth is it's really a myth it's not out there , it only a old crazy tale that married people tell us single people.
    Ever since high school search for miss right and getting mislead , I came to think that there is no such thing as miss right. and just as well with people changing thier life styles from good to worst , I say your better off being single . Sex has totaly gone heck now that AIDS and HIV making sex completly very risky and dangerous.not to mention love is dying off all over.
    Don't beleave what married people tell you these days.

Otaku erosennin may be famous one day erosennin may be famous one day erosennin's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Mr and Miss right it's a myth

Dating advice incoming:

There are no perfect people, and so it follows that there are no perfect relationships. However, when it comes to actually having a relationship, I think it really comes down to patience and understanding. A very smart person once told me, "Frustration is usually the result of unreasonable expectations".

What are/were your expectations, and what about them has flustered you so? For a long time I tried in vane to date. I got stood up a lot, got rejected a lot, got to be 'just friends' with a few girls. I started to think that maybe I should just give up on trying so hard and the whole dating thing. So I did. Within a month I was with the girl that I've now been with for over three years.

The expectation, I think, is one of, "I'm trying so hard, I should be in a relationship with such and such a person by now" In a lot of cases, I think we try too hard. We're not being ourselves, we're not being relaxed, and we're putting ourselves into kind of wacky high tension situations with the people we want to be with.

I think the answer isn't to find Ms. or Mr. Right, because finding implies some sort of concerted effort. We're trying not to be single. Just don't worry about it, be yourself. Once you relax and stop trying so hard you might just stumble upon the right person for you. And since you're being yourself, and they're being themselves, you'll be better able to see the qualities in each other that will bond you together. In my humble opinion, a lot, not all, but a lot of good relationships just kind of happen through mutual attraction.

So in the context of there being somebody out there for you, your Ms/Mr right, no it's not a myth. Otherwise the world's population wouldn't double every couple years.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to erosennin For This Useful Post:

Scourge (Dec 27, 2008)

Poultry Projectile Cannon Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge is making a name for themselves Scourge's Avatar
    Thanks

*Quoteing previous message not required* ~ Aceman67

Well said, and I highly doubt any one could top that, not to mention find a good counter argument as it basicly hit everything dead on with a few simple well placed words.
    All I can say is what he said.
    Last edited by aceman67; Dec 29, 2008 at 03:43 PM.
    "MY DEAR... I GIVE YOU THE CAPELLAN CONFEDERATION"
    AND THUS THE WAR WAS STARTED NOT BY GUN SHOT BUT BY WEDDING BELLS

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Lol only people who haven't really experienced love say things like that. Im not married. Yet. But i always believed that with all the crap going on with my life that i would find someone who was right for me. Most people who think mr or miss right isn't out have stopped looking for that special someone. And sex should be between couples and not wild and sex shouldn't even be apart of this equation. Sex has gone so far down because people have lost respect for it. Sex is supposed to be an expression of love not a recreational thing like it is now. If people would stop being so shallow and look for personality and stop looking at the body our world wouldn't be polluted and disillusioned about what love is. And you dont find that right person just because you want them. It tales patience and determination. It took me a lot of time and plenty of heartache to find my mr right. And even now we both have to be determined to stay together. Its work to have a relationship and most people today just dont get that. They want all the perks and none of the work and thats truly sad

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Newbie darkfreya is off to a good start darkfreya's Avatar
    Thanks

i don't think their is a mr or ms right in a person life cause no one is perfect when it comes to love all you need is to accept the person no matter what

~Counting Down the Days~ NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin may be famous one day NevesElocin's Avatar
    Thanks

Well if that were true then hate wouldn't exist either because its one of those emotions that can not be perfected by the imperfect

Our love will go on until the end of time. I will always be yours and you will be mine.

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    Has anyone said to you that Mr.or Miss right is out there for you ? How about the old lie Oh you meet some one some day ?
    Well the truth is it's really a myth it's not out there , it only a old crazy tale that married people tell us single people.
    Ever since high school search for miss right and getting mislead , I came to think that there is no such thing as miss right. and just as well with people changing thier life styles from good to worst , I say your better off being single . Sex has totaly gone heck now that AIDS and HIV making sex completly very risky and dangerous.not to mention love is dying off all over.
    Don't beleave what married people tell you these days.
    Soooo... you're saying you're an angry person?

And how would sex have anything to do with being not-single?
    There are couples out there who have never had sex before.
    And single people love one-nighters.

What you mean to say is "stay single and abstinent".

You're gonna' either grow up to be a heartless millionaire (which isn't that fun if you don't have a TRUE PASSION in something) or a really grumpy old man (which is kinda' fun).

I wouldn't say there's such a thing as a "Mr. and Ms.-right" out there. But I would say that there are people out there that you either feel COMPLETELY connected to, or feel COMPLETELY-whole when you're around them. And in that sense they are "RIGHT FOR YOU".

You're probably just having problems with the people in your area. Try going somewhere you'd never think of going and see if anything happens.

And PSHAW- trying to find someone since highschool?! I've been searching SINCE ELEMENTARY (no joke) !! And I did find someone.

Another possibility is you're looking for the wrong people.
    Another possibility is that you're not meeting their wants and needs.
    Another possibility is that you're expecting too much from them.

Look, there are billions of people out there "not right for you"... mainly because they all conformed to popular-culture. But these same people, at least one time in their lives, have wished to find someone that "completed them". -yet due to their conformity, they've lost the kind of virginity that made them unique, and now they can only be with people that have conformed (unless they make a total turn-around).
    And by conformity, I'm not just talking about the "popular groups" or "cliques" or "groups"... I'm actually talking about "EVERYONE who's changed their opinion BLINDLY due to an attachment to a certain item".

It's EXTREMELY EXTREMELY RARE that you find someone who's actually completely themselves without the use of popular items, fashions, medias, and/or products.
    :/ Even "outcast" is an extreme term for people nowadays. Outcasts these days are just people following a pop-culture not famous amongst the area they're in (otakus and Apple-users, for example), henceforth, they're also conformists.

Ever wonder why people tell you "to find someone you share interests with"?
    In the beginning, it was to make sure you got along together before deciding whether or not they're marriage material.
    NOWADAYS, it's told because conformity rules relationships in a world where at least 99% of the people are conformed to something (whether it be a government, religious codes, fan-dom, beliefs, anarchy, etc).

Hell, you're probably conformed to something, too!

But whether or not a person is conformed to something, there is still a sliver of the person in them that made them "real". Something that still exists even after you've broken down all laws, religious debates, popular items, and etc. People have gone beyond commercialized or brainwashed, that there's no hope in trying to get through to them.

...but if you hit a nerve. Whether it be childhood memory, a night alone without electricity, a life-or-death situation, isolation, or anything else that would make a person shed their skin and show their true selves.
    If you hit that nerve, you'll see who they really are.

But that won't make them right for you.
    What matters most is: If YOU take away all the things you liked, what's left of you?
    WHAT MATTERS MOST TO YOU?

Then you see if that person believes in the same thing.

...during all my years of searching, I've shred down the shells of many girls and women. I've learned so much from them and they've learned who they really were. ...and in the end... X_X I was dumped SO many times.
    So many girls and women who thought they were ready for commitment, realized they weren't ready yet! Even the nicest girls I found, eventually turned out to realize how materialistic they were. Needless to say, I didn't meet many of their standards.

^_^ But after searching high-and-low, near-and-far, over-and-under... I did find someone who not only over-met my "tiny" standards, but thought I over-met her standards.

If you just want to find someone to marry, just set standards reflecting your daily work and life.
    If you just want to find someone to love, just set standards reflecting your daily life and beliefs.
    If you just want to find someone you could hang out with, just set standards reflecting your daily life.
    If you just want to find someone to have sex with, well... those standards could be anything you want it to be.

But if you want to find someone to TRULY love (A mr. or ms. right), lower your standards to your most BASIC-BASIC-BASIC needs and most IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT-IMPORTANT beliefs/goals, and make sure you meet their needs, goals, and beliefs.

Then endure trials and tribulations...
    Quick side-note:
    Remember that dating was originally for finding a suitable mate - "Going steady" was originally meant for the next step, in which you decided to be an official couple aiming to marry one another, but still on trial-status - Fiance & Fiancee was when you set a date on which to marry, but until then, you both are still on trial status - Marriage is the final step, and people take it too lightly. Marriage is supposed to be for life, your final choice in a partner to spend the rest of your life with. Choose wisely before then. Dating should last for years, not months.
    Many trials and tribulations.

If you survived, and your love for each other grew stronger.
    Then and only then, will you realize you were meant for each other.

ANYTHING LESS THAN THAT - is just love.
    Not true love.

"Love is different for everyone. But true love is what makes us all whole."

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soshi Kitai For This Useful Post:

Abu Dhabi (Dec 28, 2008), P.R. Princess (Dec 30, 2008)

Fallen Angel PhoenixSara may be famous one day PhoenixSara's Avatar
    I am in between Heaven's Gate and Hell.Angels are not supposed to fall but i did.
    Thanks

There is no such thing as Mr or MIss Right only made to measure.... made to measure by my partner or whoever my significant other is.......just myself........and him the way he his.
    "In your arms is where i will be, I love you till my forever ends."
    Clan Rainstorm 2nd Company, Kunoichi Leader
    PhoenixSara FB / Click Me IMVU/Atlantis RPG/Rules and FAQ/MY BLOG /

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast