+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Muslim Head-Coverings

byakugan Barn Break Champion, Dino Rennen Champion, Block Buster Champion, Portal Champion, Quick Brick Champion cantsenditback is off to a good start cantsenditback's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Muslim Head-Coverings

Isn't this show respect to others if they wear those certin type of clothes, in their culture. i say its a part of religion and partly their choice

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata View Post
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Now just to play devil's advocate here, most civilized nations have dress code laws that do not allow you to stroll naked in public locations. So how is being forced to wear clothing any different from a moral/religious based dress standard???
    The trouble is that it is a religious law, taken directly from a thousand-year+-old book in which women are decreed inferior to men in just about every way (sort of like the Bible!) and it's being imposed on everyone born into certain societies reguardless of their religious beliefs.

I wouldn't call that the most "civilized" approach.

If modesty is such a virtue: cover the men up too. Otherwise: making it a law is bullcrap :<

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

Being that it is their religion, It doesn't bother me the slightest. They have the right to practice their religion and therefore the right to wear what they want. I have heard of that once the girls got old enough, them choosing it to wear it or not wear it themselves - not to say that there are those who are forced.

I do have an issue with people forcing children to wear things like that (some would say that it is a form of child abuse), but given the fact that children are raised by parents - should that even be an issue? I mean it's like telling parent how to raise/not to raise their child. Some parents may think it's best to keep and open mind when it comes to religion and children, other may want there child growing up only with the parents religion of choice.

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Eh, I understand that, I don't think it's against women thesedays, though to some people... well people see things differently.

I know Ray (he's muslim) just would see it as another privilegie he has- to be the only person to see his girls hair ^^

And I know it's not all that important outside muslim countries, my friend in school doesn't wear one and is happy

I don't like parents forcing too... that's just not right... children should be able to choose theri religion etc.

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

Rawr~ :3 Boxteroid Champion, flyplane Champion, Home Run Champion, Bubbelfutsch Champion, Fire Fighter Champion, Brendans Soccer Champion, Movie Star Match-Up Champion, Total blackout Champion, Text Your Reflexes Champion, Scary movie Champion, Hulk Smash Up Champion, Star Wars Champion, Extreme Snowboarding Champion, Air Disc Champion, Action Fish Champion, A Game Of 3 Halves Champion, Battleball Champion, Hacky Sack Champion, FAD 2003 Champion, SQRL Golf Champion, Dr Yeckyl and Mr Ride Champion, Sky Glide Champion, Flyer Champion, Finnair Champion, Drachenjagd Champion, Canyon Glider Champion, City Surfing Champion, Action Driving Game Champion, Extreme Rowing Champion, Kardahdg Champion, Acceleracers Track Mod Champion, Final Test Champion, Du Wichtel Champion, Pedal Power Champion, Camera Killer 2 Champion, Bike Mania on ICE Champion, ATV Winter Challenge Champion, Caliber Dash Champion, Diesel and Death Champion, Snow Ride Champion, Camera Killer Champion, Pepsi Jet Ski Champion, Bumper Cars Championship Champion, Drifting Champion, Get A Grip Champion, Rooney on the Rampage Champion, Death To Ninja Champion, Kung Fu Hustle 2 Champion, Muay Thai Champion, Metal Arm FAWEGE Champion, Knife Champion, Classroom Fighter Champion, Nobuyuki Forces 3 Champion, Caddeva Champion, Sewer Dweller Champion, Angel Mart Champion, Snowy Champion, Bola Champion, Boiler Room Champion, Bobcat Champion, Amazon Quest Champion, Booty Champion, Five Errors Champion, Mind Your Marbles Champion, Angel Fruit Champion, Binggrae Champion, Candy Shoot Champion, Imperial tiles Champion, Himalayaya - Yeti Strikes Back Champion, Terrorist Attack Champion, Americas Army Champion, Special Operations Champion, Destroy the robots Champion, Cubicle Warfare Champion, Battle Field Champion, Weapons Dealer Champion, Army Copter Champion, Flat War Champion, Terrorist Alert Champion, Bully Basher Champion, Reaktor Champion, Bungee Rescue Champion, The Contraptor Champion, Boris Champion, Carling Cold Champion, Paddleball Champion RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe is making a name for themselves RayMe's Avatar
    Not somewhere I love but I am glad I have a home so far
    Thanks

Well.. since i am a muslim .. lol i must put a say into this matter ,..

First of all.. we muslims.. and my self.. we look woman.. as something with different status.. higher and should be respected at... covering their body means.. to uphold their greatness, status, and purity... and like Lasura says here...

just would see it as another privilegie he has
    It would also meant.. the person has the girl fully to him and no one else will see any part of her besides the man..

To me,..girls that wear this are girls who has high standart... they kept themselves in secret and kept their price "higher" than like what princess lady said.. "hoe" which is very low in standart or anything to the society...i respect them very much... and i feel very sad to see muslim woman.. "degrade" themselves and disregard what has been said in the religion... if you dont want to do whats been said in the religion be on your way and convert to another of your own desire and to your own pleasure as this one don't seem fit and you are nothing but just disgracing other muslims and making fun of their hard work to uphold this religion's purity...

And about the forcing thingy... well i know this sounds like.. bad to you all... but to muslims we must stop what is bad and not ignore it... ignore when another does bad brings sin to himself... try to stop it and you will be saved from it... and it shows you care for another muslim or person cause you are saving that person from sins... and it is one of parent's duty to save their children from bad things... im not just talking about sins...

Well they have their rights to choose but as long as they are muslims... i must do what i can and must since i am one of them.. ^^

(damn i sounded so religious.. o.O)

Legion Ketsueki Lives on~!!
    I'm BACK AO!
    >>>facebook<<<

Otaku Cruisin with crush Champion, Animal Rescue Champion abby724 is off to a good start abby724's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    Do you find the muslim tradition of head-covering (and in extreme cases, full veiling of the body -- ie. the "burka") to be offensive to women? Do you think it's a symbol of opression or of religious expression? Personally, I love the hijab -- if it is worn BY CHOICE. I AM however, extremely annoyed when parents or governments impose religious choices on their children or people reguardless of their individual beliefs or desires. The hijab should be a choice: not a law (or a household rule)
    Well, I can only assume the most Muslim women wearing hijab choose to wear it because it's part of a religion that they (I assume) have faith in, believe in. And while I agree the Quran (and the Bible) are discriminatory to women—doesn't the Quran say that men are "a degree higher" than women" and that "one man is equivalent to two women" or something like that?—, they (I assume) believe what is written in the Quran... Many people wouldn't recite parts of thousand-or-so-year-old holy texts every day if they didn't believe what was in it.

And yes, there's oppression and pressure from everyone else to conform, but if Islam was the only religion you were taught —and if it's by your family, the ones closest to you, I'm guessing it's gonna make a larger impact, and I'm assuming that most Muslim teach their children only Islam—, then there's a large chance you'd start believing that you'd have to cover yourself up.

Discriminatory to women? I think so... And if it's not, there are still some holy texts to point out. A symbol of religious expression? In my opinion, yes, in the cases where it's not forced and the women genuinely believe in Islam. Symbol of oppression? Well, yes... Wearing a hijab shows that you're a woman that your religion expects to be more modest and believes to be inferior to men... And, should it be law? Hah, no way, in my opinion... Seperation of religion and state for me. What someone else's faith is and what they believe to be the road to Salvation is something I don't want to be interfered with. So it shuoldn't be a household rule, either...

Yeah, there are links in my post. References found via Google after the post was typed up.
    GALERIE : Limited Internet access for certain reasons...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2