+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Muslim Woman Punches Photographer Claiming He Violated Her Religion

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Muslim Woman Punches Photographer Claiming He Violated Her Religion

Quote Originally Posted by rematche View Post
    uhhh...no one was taking her picture. photographer was photographing the area since it's a public place.

really?...the koran states that a person is not allowed to be photographed? what verse? they forbid such use, yet they use it? that's a double standard that doesn't make sense at all.

There's a verse in the Quran that states that angels will not enter a Muslim's house where there are dogs or pictures .
    Pictures here meant paintings of people , sculptures and of the sort .
    In another place , the Quran states that "every imagemaker , idolmaker will be in the hellfire "

yeah , there werent any cameras that time , but prohibiting photos taken through camera is what Muslim scholars have decided upon , through Ijma and Qiyas

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sarentai Kyoukan View Post
    There's a verse in the Quran that states that angels will not enter a Muslim's house where there are dogs or pictures .
    Pictures here meant paintings of people , sculptures and of the sort .
    In another place , the Quran states that "every imagemaker , idolmaker will be in the hellfire "

yeah , there werent any cameras that time , but prohibiting photos taken through camera is what Muslim scholars have decided upon , through Ijma and Qiyas
    and yet they have pictures of themselves taken by them. it's a paradox.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Sarentai Kyoukan is off to a good start Sarentai Kyoukan's Avatar
    Thanks

and yet they have pictures of themselves taken by them. it's a paradox.
    but yet these pictures are only used for purposes that cant be fulffilled with the pciture ...the passport , the id card etc etc

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

i was referring to family, friends, work, etc. specifically non-personal and private pictures of themselves that they display for the public eyes. and a picture is still technically a picture, since it is a visual representation of a person, object, or scene, as a painting, drawing, photograph, etc...so a muslim who takes pictures are destined to go to hell then. it's a paradox.
    Last edited by rematche; Sep 20, 2011 at 09:05 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Newbie Cherryx is off to a good start Cherryx's Avatar
    Thanks

Like a few others have mentioned, it isn't good to resort to violence unless it is in self defence. It is understandable that with the sensitive reason of her religion behind her heated assault, she lost her temper and lashed out without thinking. Though, this is understandable why she got so angry, she was still wrong and should face the consequences. However, when protecting something like your faith, I doubt she really cares about the consequences of the law and I think she is prepared to go through that if it means protecting her faith. I feel bad for the guy though, he did not deserve that.
    The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me.

Newbie Terror Field is off to a good start
    Thanks

really?...the koran states that a person is not allowed to be photographed? what verse? they forbid such use, yet they use it? that's a double standard that doesn't make sense at all.

Religions and common sense are not very friendly with each other. They are full of contradictions and double standards.

By the way, i've seen people geting mad because someone was taken a picture in the street, and they're not muslims. Is simply something can happen if a determinated person feels insecure or feels someone is violating his privacy.

Newbie BlackJack Champion, Anime BlackJack Champion, Grow Champion Ranma is off to a good start Ranma's Avatar
    Thanks

When I first came across this topic I couldn't pass it up because it's just so funny!xD Now i'm all up for freedom of religion because i'm a religious person myself, but no religion justifies attacking someone for taking a picture, come one. I get how some religions might have what might seem to us, strange rules and rituals but if it doesn't originate with God, it makes no sense. Too many faiths have hidden behind freedom of religion to rationalize all sorts of doctrines that are "man-made", and they think that that gives them the right to do whatever they want but it doesn't.

I say that women should have went to jail for what she did because she committed a crime. Now if someone who was drunk and high attacked that same man that person would be behind bars for months maybe even years, even if that person didn't remember doing it. She was aware of what she was doing, so there's no real excuse. Even God punished criminals.
    RebbieChan likes this.

Otaku Marcus Fenix is off to a good start Marcus Fenix's Avatar
    Thanks

Since the beginning of time, about 95% of human warfare has been about religon. This topic caught my eye when I saw the words "Muslim Woman"

As mentioned before, the majority of human war has been about religon. We all, at least those who practice it, worship the same damn thing, just in different ways. In views of religon, I would indeed say that she may indeed be justified, but in the eye of the law, she is guilty as hell. In the end, it all comes down to the eye of the beholder, as all things do. Was the war justified? Did she really kidnap her children from an abusive father, or is she the real criminal? It all boils down to beliefs and the views of the beholder.

Although in my humble opinion, it's all a bunch of petty bullshit and everyone needs to get over themselves.
    Neha1994 likes this.
    We gotta make our choices...because in the end we are who we choose to be.

Because choice is the only real freedom any of us have.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast