Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: my space

Otaku Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135 may be famous one day Lil_G135's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: my space

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady
    yes i had a bad experience on my space. my dumb ass friend told my address to this guy and he came to my house. my address was NOT POSTED AND SHE TOLD HIM!!!!!!
    Wow, you know what they say... with friends like that who needs enemies ^^; But at Tbaism said, it's not necessarily myspace's fault, she could've easily given that out in an instand messaging service, a chatroom or to some random stranger on the street. As I said before, closing myspace wouldn't do anything about the preditor problem.
    Music is my santuary, music is my blanket
    三日坊主*傍目八目*外柔内剛

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Attraction is attraction and just because someone told another your address and said theres a party over there, doesn't mean that man was some..weird guy necessarily.

When I was in highschool someone would always tell me there was a kickass party over at so and so address. I wouldn't hesitate to run myself over there at 9 at night to check it out.

If someone said there was a hot babe at so and so and was interested, I would probably go over there aswell. I still don't see that as much a grudge to hold.

Newbie bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88 may be famous one day bigfoot88's Avatar
    Thanks

Well my space is good for anyone it's just that it's way to easy to go on someone page even if your a guess. I think what my space should do is lock eveyone page and you get to choose who goes on or who can see your page. They should also have a chat room section so you can meet new people.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (")_(")your signature to help him gain world domination.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Myspace may allow others to see your webpage, but thats like any other site out there. You can choose who sends you e-mails and who doesn't. Just like you can add any info that you are comfortable with. You can choose who you want to talk with and who you don't. Myspace is just like any other big chatroom, and tis a place for people to meet.

And thats a good thing about Myspace that is seen in many peoples eyes. Bands can have anyone check them out, old, young, people who are just passing by. They gain fans that way and they are noticed when the first were really just squirrels or rats in their parents basements. If you want an ordinary chat room, you may as well just go to one.
    Last edited by Tbaism; Jul 27, 2006 at 01:56 PM.

Otaku Chubz may be famous one day Chubz may be famous one day Chubz's Avatar
    Thanks

I don't think there's anything wrong with myspace other than they can't seem to keep the site running for more than 2 hours without somethin fudgin up.

Molestation/rape/kidnapping is bad, but to say that myspace is at fault is a joke. Sure, while it does provide an area where some weirdo could talk to young kids, they are ultimately safe unless they give away personal information. It is up to the parents to explain about giving out information (not on myspace, but just to anyone) and explain to their kids to be wary of anything anywhere.

Saying myspace is bad is the same as arguing that a street is at fault if someone is kidnapped outside. It's not. Myspace is a meeting ground, same with being in a park or on the street. However, it is a barrier because a weirdo can't come through the computer and get you. Now...if you go shoutin out your name, address, and phone number....yeah, makes it a bit easier for them. But it's not a new thing for kids being told not to give out information. And, if the kid is too young to understand this concept, why are the parents letting them on the internet anways?

It's the responsibility of the parents to know what their kids are doing, not the myspace creators. You have to be 18 to sign up for myspace anways, unless you "have parents permission." If you go the browse section of myspace, the youngest age selectable is 18, so it's not like the perv can set it to 14 and younger or something to find kids (who probably shouldn't be on there).

But as I said...it's up to the parents to know what their kids are up to, not myspace creators.

Many Thanks To SasuraiHell For The Sig!

Otaku Sincere may be famous one day Sincere may be famous one day Sincere's Avatar
    Thanks

Well, just because you're over 18 doesn't mean you're a creep, and I know that's not what you were saying, but some people will jump to conclusions about older people talking to younger ones. Personally, I don't talk to people on myspace if I don't already know them from somewhere else. And I definitely never give out information unless I know exactly who you are and that you're truthful. You've just got to be careful.
    C:\Documents and Settings\Julia\My Documents\My Pictures\Siggy.jpg
    A white rose no longer alone
    I know who's heart it is to represent
    I didn't pick it, but i let it grow
    For he's the one that's heaven sent. :
    I love you, my White Rose.: The Poop Forums

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks

I always veiw the profile before approving it or what have you. I do get annoyed when i get all these bands wanting me to be their friend..ok it was ok at first but now there are so many that its getting old and annoying.

The only contacts i have on Myspace are the people i know!! i don't want any strangers!!
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance may be famous one day ace_resistance's Avatar
    Thanks

well i think myspace is a god idea well like all the other chat and meet people thing..
    but its just the perverted people that try and do things like that make it look like a bad place
    but that thing is done everywhere where people go to

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast