+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: MySpace Suicide: Revenge Campaign

anti-semantics Pub Quiz Champion tsurara may be famous one day tsurara may be famous one day tsurara's Avatar
    Thanks

MySpace Suicide: Revenge Campaign

About a year ago, a teenage girl killed herself after being bullied by a boy she met and had an online relationship with on the social networking site MySpace. After her death, the "boy" was outed as the young girl's adult neighbor (the mother of one of her friends) working in conjunction with a network of bullies to extract revenge on the girl for wronging her daughter.

In the wake of the "crime" (which isn't actually a prosecutable crime at all), the mother in question set up a site called "Megan Had in Coming" expressing no remorse whatsoever for her actions and insisting she meant no wrong and isn't at fault for the girl's death.

Enraged by her lack of remorse, a group of online vigilantes joined forces to encourage a homegrown terror campaign against the woman. They changed the answering machine messages at her home and work to cruel prank messages about the suicide, got her husband fired from two jobs, have encouraged clients and neighbors to ostracize the family, have thrown stones and bricks in the woman's windows and have encouraged pretty much everyone on the planet to make the family's life a living hell in the name of revenge.

Three questions:

- This tragedy was born of revenge in the first place. Is it right to continue the cycle by demanding revenge for Megan's death?
    - Were the actions of the woman in question those of "a responsible adult"? What about the actions of those harrassing her? How about Megan's parents, who have encouraged the harrassment and have even engaged in it themselves on a few occaisions? It was Megan's parents, after all, who let a 13 year old girl have a relationship with a 16 year old boy over the internet...
    - What do you think of the idea of "Revenge" in the first place? Is it warranted? Productive? Does it ever end?

Discuss

More Information:
    YouTube - Megan Meier Story 2
    YouTube - MySpace Suicide: The Megan Meier Story

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: My Space Suicide: Revenge Campaign

This tragedy was born of revenge in the first place. Is it right to continue the cycle by demanding revenge for Megan's death? Well, you have to really know all the facts before siding to one side. I think both parties are at fault. Megan's parents for letting a 13 year old child have a myspace account when you have to be 14 or older to have one. The accused parents for doing such lulzy thing to a 13 year old child.

- Were the actions of the woman in question those of "a responsible adult"? What about the actions of those harrassing her? How about Megan's parents, who have encouraged the harrassment and have even engaged in it themselves on a few occaisions? It was Megan's parents, after all, who let a 13 year old girl have a relationship with a 16 year old boy over the internet...
    hahaha i just laugh about how retarded people can be. Everybody f'king know that most people on myspace are fake and it can happen to anybody.

- What do you think of the idea of "Revenge" in the first place? Is it warranted? Productive? Does it ever end?They just want publicity and the media is there for them accomplish it. They should leave it to the authorities to deal with this case, i mean you don't gain anything by doing what Megan's parents and the other /b/tards are doing to the accused family. As matter of fact, the fact that they trowing rocks and blocks to the accused family home is an act of vandalism against the family in question in the Megan's Myspace suicide case.

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

yes, im with ketaro on this, as for whos at fault, the parents i would say for first letting her on the net in the first place without proper supervison. the girl had a history of mental problems, and the internet is the last place to let someone like that loose in...
    but it takes two to tango and the neigborhood was in on this little prank...making the fake account and messing with that girls head, knowing how it would affect her...
    everyone loses in this, and as for the revenge campaign...Only the people who were affected, he family should have a say into that. anyone else who wishs to destroy property or ruin someones lives in the name of the victem with out ever actualy knowing them...well they just wanna destroy property and ruin lives for the hell of it, and hide behind a dead girls memory to further their own whims...and they really should stop.
    Don't Panic

Mage of Eternity Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage is making a name for themselves Joe Mage's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    About a year ago, a teenage girl killed herself after being bullied by a boy she met and had an online relationship with on the social networking site MySpace. After her death, the "boy" was outed as the young girl's adult neighbor (the mother of one of her friends) working in conjunction with a network of bullies to extract revenge on the girl for wronging her daughter.

In the wake of the "crime" (which isn't actually a prosecutable crime at all), the mother in question set up a site called "Megan Had in Coming" expressing no remorse whatsoever for her actions and insisting she meant no wrong and isn't at fault for the girl's death.

Enraged by her lack of remorse, a group of online vigilantes joined forces to encourage a homegrown terror campaign against the woman. They changed the answering machine messages at her home and work to cruel prank messages about the suicide, got her husband fired from two jobs, have encouraged clients and neighbors to ostracize the family, have thrown stones and bricks in the woman's windows and have encouraged pretty much everyone on the planet to make the family's life a living hell in the name of revenge.

Three questions:

- This tragedy was born of revenge in the first place. Is it right to continue the cycle by demanding revenge for Megan's death?
    - What do you think of the idea of "Revenge" in the first place? Is it warranted? Productive? Does it ever end?

Discuss

More Information:
    YouTube - Megan Meier Story 2
    YouTube - MySpace Suicide: The Megan Meier Story
    Although I feel that revenge only begots revenge, the one thing that we must not forget is that Megan's parents lost their daughter and that the deed went unpunished. There are people that r gonna b very upset over that. I do agree that somethin' should b done and Megan's parents r currently tryin' ta get a law passed so that a tragedy, such as what happend ta them, won' happen ta any1 else. But I do have 1 question, do Megan's parents know 'bout what's happenin' ta the other parents and r they the ones responsible for it? If they r or not, nothin' will come of it, doin' this ta them will not make the other parents any more remorseful then 'fore.

As far as bein' a "responsible adult" is concerned, I think that it speaks for itself. A "responsible adult" would know that these things, like the endin' of friendships and such, r commonplace amongst teens and that it's a sign of growth or movin' on. We've all ended friendships and made new ones while grownin' up and ta punish a young girl for such a trivial matter as growin' up is very "irresponsible." It shows me that they have no concept of what bein' "responsible" means and on top of that ta show no remorse for what they did shows me, at least, that they r no better than "sociopaths." If they r willin' ta do that ta a 13 year old girl, I'd hate ta c what they would do ta some1 else or any other children for that matter. I believe that they should b incarcerated, or at least committed, 'cause they r a danger ta any community, in which, they live. And as far as Megan's parents allowin' their daughter ta have a Myspace account and allowin' their daughter, who was 13, ta c a 16 year old boy; adolescence is a period, in which, one grows from childhood ta adult. In order for that growth ta occur and trust ta b built between "parent" and "child," certain freedoms must b granted. This is how a teen learns concepts such as "responsibility" and "maturity." Ta me, allowin' her ta have a Myspace account is no different than goin' out and helpin' her get her license and gettin' her a car, or allowin' her ta go ta a dance, or ta the mall wit her friends. The same could b said 'bout her datin' a 16 year old boy, although I would question the wisdom of datin' some1 that I've only met on-line and have never seen, questionin' her datin' a 16 year old boy would b the same as questionin' her datin' a 15 or 14 year old boy; heck, it would b the same as questionin' her datin' period. And that would show that there was no "trust" between Megan and her parents. And if that be the case, then they should've jus' chained her up and locked her in her room ta keep her safe.

Revenge, though, only begots revenge and nothin' productive comes from it. It oftens winds up only gettin' innocent ppl caught up in it and gettin' them hurt. This is why we're suppose ta have "justice," so that the "guilty" get punished and the "innocent" r protected.

Sanity doesn't exist, it's just an excuse cooked up by crazy people to justify their actions. My myspace page: www.myspace.com/joemage

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: MySpace Suicide: Revenge Campaign

Vengeance only spawns more vengeance--or rather, a lust for revenge.

I think that none of those so-called "adults" were acting responsibly, especially the first one mentioned. Take your anger out on a teenage girl--pretty much, still a child--over some petty garbage between her and your kid?? Yeah, that's real grown up! And then when the girl offs herself, the lady starts taunting and provoking people with her blatant disrespect for her peers and the dead. In my opninoin, SHE DID HAVE IT COMING!

BUT, there are more tactful ways to handle things. I don't think that the parents of Megan Meier should have acted the way they have. Although, I must congradulate them for accquiring the skill to stir up s*** within an entire neighborhood and influence them the way they did. That takes some good public speaking skill. But it's still wrong. I mean, they royally screwed the other family! But they weren't acting too grown up about it either.

I dunno. I can't say too much, because were I in thier shoes, I don't know what I would do. Sometimes it's hard for a human to act rational all the time.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

This tragedy was born of revenge in the first place. Is it right to continue the cycle by demanding revenge for Megan's death?

In opinion, it isn't because two wrongs don't make a right but I can see why they are upset

Were the actions of the woman in question those of "a responsible adult"? What about the actions of those harrassing her? How about Megan's parents, who have encouraged the harrassment and have even engaged in it themselves on a few occaisions? It was Megan's parents, after all, who let a 13 year old girl have a relationship with a 16 year old boy over the internet...

Two words....HELL...NO. What is a woman doing bullying a 13 ear old girl online? What she gonna do, hit the monitor? She acted immature on her part. It's her duaghters fault for beiing such a p***y. That's my opnion. And it isnt her parents fault. But then again, myspace is a deadly site when used the wrong way. It all depends on the persons veiw point. Me personally, i wouldnt let my daughter on myspace and chat to no boy i doont know without e talking to him and doing back ground info. I dont even like myspace. Her parents just should have watched her more carully. signs of suicide show early.

What do you think of the idea of "Revenge" in the first place? Is it warranted? Productive? Does it ever end?

Revenge is an never ending cycle. My family has been at war with my fathers family for five YEars over a stolen book. We took revenge on them by stealing the one of the first eve made computers from my great aunt. Long story. Anyway revenge is never ending and solves nothing, unless you do it right

BUT IN MY OPINION!!!!!:

I don't care about the girl. I dont. Sorry but i dont. If she was dumb enough to talk to a guy on myspace and fall for him thats her. Then she got bullied....ONLINE!!!
    ONLINE!
    What they gonna do, punch the monitor? Beat the keyboard? I find it amazing how online bullying affects kids. Its people..ONLINE!!! who talk shyt like they eally going to do something when in reality, most times, they wont back it up! I actaully understand why the woman has no remorse because i wouldnt either. Its the girls fault for having been dumb enoug to put up with the crap. She should jave just ignored it or told Tom. Duh!
    The woman was inane for bullying a 13 year old, twat pocket hoe. bUT THEgirl was also dumb for letting it get to her, also a twat pocket hoe

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by princesslady View Post
    This tragedy was born of revenge in the first place. Is it right to continue the cycle by demanding revenge for Megan's death?

In opinion, it isn't because two wrongs don't make a right but I can see why they are upset

Were the actions of the woman in question those of "a responsible adult"? What about the actions of those harrassing her? How about Megan's parents, who have encouraged the harrassment and have even engaged in it themselves on a few occaisions? It was Megan's parents, after all, who let a 13 year old girl have a relationship with a 16 year old boy over the internet...

Two words....HELL...NO. What is a woman doing bullying a 13 ear old girl online? What she gonna do, hit the monitor? She acted immature on her part. It's her duaghters fault for beiing such a p***y. That's my opnion. And it isnt her parents fault. But then again, myspace is a deadly site when used the wrong way. It all depends on the persons veiw point. Me personally, i wouldnt let my daughter on myspace and chat to no boy i doont know without e talking to him and doing back ground info. I dont even like myspace. Her parents just should have watched her more carully. signs of suicide show early.

What do you think of the idea of "Revenge" in the first place? Is it warranted? Productive? Does it ever end?

Revenge is an never ending cycle. My family has been at war with my fathers family for five YEars over a stolen book. We took revenge on them by stealing the one of the first eve made computers from my great aunt. Long story. Anyway revenge is never ending and solves nothing, unless you do it right

BUT IN MY OPINION!!!!!:

I don't care about the girl. I dont. Sorry but i dont. If she was dumb enough to talk to a guy on myspace and fall for him thats her. Then she got bullied....ONLINE!!!
    ONLINE!
    What they gonna do, punch the monitor? Beat the keyboard? I find it amazing how online bullying affects kids. Its people..ONLINE!!! who talk shyt like they eally going to do something when in reality, most times, they wont back it up! I actaully understand why the woman has no remorse because i wouldnt either. Its the girls fault for having been dumb enoug to put up with the crap. She should jave just ignored it or told Tom. Duh!
    The woman was inane for bullying a 13 year old, twat pocket hoe. bUT THEgirl was also dumb for letting it get to her, also a twat pocket hoe
    Are you serious? Over a book?! Wow! Reveng is a b***h! LOL.

On a serious note, revenge or thoughts of vengeance can consume a person. I spent a year plotting revenge on my cousin for getting me jumped and almost killed. I even showed up at a family holiday event with a knife; ready to cut his ass! But it was Christmas, and I decided that I'd be the bigger person and just let it go. He's not forgiven, but I won't waste my time on revenge. When he asked me what I got him for Christmas, I said, "your life". But I don't think he heard me over my loud ass relatives. LOL.

Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Thanks

That is some gangsta shyt right there sprout!!! I appluad!! Revenge is sweet sometimes and your method gave me ideas. And if i had someone harrased on myspace, i would not bully them. Instead, i would find out where they live, then come to their house, then beat their as*

Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast