+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: MySpace Suicide: Revenge Campaign

Angelic Lasura may be famous one day Lasura's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: MySpace Suicide: Revenge Campaign

I really do not think that woman ment to kill the girl. I don't really think it's right to continue the cycle, I'm the woman and her family has paid enough already, he probably paid enough when she found out to what her actions have led... At least I think so, though the person has to be a little bit evil to pull something like that off...

Well I wouldn't blame the girl's parents much... it's even worse if it goes to the other side of extreme- when parents contorol everything their children do. I actually would blame the girl herself more than the parents. Firstly, she should have known what she is getting into (if not- indeed, parents, or myspace should have worked on that- I don't think much information about fraud on myspace...), when she started an online relationship- you can not treat it as a normal one, I'm sorry to say that, I still think so... Suicide for a guy you have never even seen? Come on! What are you thinking?! It's not worth it if she did it because she was hurt. And if it was just because "he" was bullying her hard. Sheesh... how bad does "he" have to bully you? Can't you block? Ignore? Stop using myspace? Change e-mail? Etc. I'm sure you can...

Revenge all together... Sometimes it seems like and honourable thing to me... But that is untill it comes to killing someone etc. There are a lot of different, better ways to have revenge... I would have revenge only if I'm crazy angry. I know god will do it sooner or later. I know just saying: "you hurt me bad" should work on the person....

My recommended fanfic: "Dreamer" by Scourge

~jUsT sMiLe~ _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_ may be famous one day _gwenibe_'s Avatar
    Thanks

You know, when it comes down to it - none of this is going to bring back the teenager. They can harass that person all they want, but it's not going to change a thing.

That women was stupid, pathetic and immature. But, I'd have to say that to encourage that sort of revenge..so are the parents in a way. The parents should focus on getting "revenge" the legal way.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasura View Post
    Firstly, she should have known what she is getting into (if not- indeed, parents, or myspace should have worked on that- I don't think much information about fraud on myspace...), when she started an online relationship- you can not treat it as a normal one, I'm sorry to say that, I still think so... Suicide for a guy you have never even seen? Come on! What are you thinking?! It's not worth it if she did it because she was hurt. And if it was just because "he" was bullying her hard. Sheesh... how bad does "he" have to bully you? Can't you block? Ignore? Stop using myspace? Change e-mail? Etc. I'm sure you can...
    yeah I agree. Can never get it when people get so down because randoms on the net bully you. I would think that copping it in real life would be worse than by some one you haven't even seen. I know it was an online relationship..but still. Seems teenagers are getting harder these days and are also giving it out worse..

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by _gwenibe_ View Post
    You know, when it comes down to it - none of this is going to bring back the teenager. They can harass that person all they want, but it's not going to change a thing.

That women was stupid, pathetic and immature. But, I'd have to say that to encourage that sort of revenge..so are the parents in a way. The parents should focus on getting "revenge" the legal way.

yeah I agree. Can never get it when people get so down because randoms on the net bully you. I would think that copping it in real life would be worse than by some one you haven't even seen. I know it was an online relationship..but still. Seems teenagers are getting harder these days and are also giving it out worse..
    I agree. Being an experienced warrior in the internet drama arena, I can say that if someone is givin' you s*** on MySpace, LiveJournal, whatever... Just simply block them, ignore them, don't use the damn network at all--if need be!

I don't think I could ever grow that much of an attachment to someone on the internet. At least not one big enough for me to kill myself or expect someone to kill themselves over me. It's too unrealistic. Why would you kill yourself over someone you've never seen in person, never kissed or touched, never even went on a date with??

Yeah, I can understand her parents were upset, but shouldn't they have been a bit dissapointed in thier daughter's actions? Shouldn't they have seen that she had an emotional attachment to someone from the internet and thought, "Hey, maybe we should've paid better attention to our kid"? And I'm still tryin' to figure out why a grown ass woman was harrasing a teenager! Leave high school drama with high school kids! That's what I say. She could've simply said, "Y'know what? I'm too old for this crap." But she decided to put her self back a decade or so.

Do you have that much free time? Can you not grow up?

When people who are older than me act like they're 12, it makes me feel so much more mature and glad that I don't have that sort of drama in my life.

I'm sleepy... Jukebox Hero Champion, Word Up Champion, Word Craze Champion gren may be famous one day gren may be famous one day gren's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by tsurara View Post
    - This tragedy was born of revenge in the first place. Is it right to continue the cycle by demanding revenge for Megan's death?
    - Were the actions of the woman in question those of "a responsible adult"? What about the actions of those harrassing her? How about Megan's parents, who have encouraged the harrassment and have even engaged in it themselves on a few occaisions? It was Megan's parents, after all, who let a 13 year old girl have a relationship with a 16 year old boy over the internet...
    - What do you think of the idea of "Revenge" in the first place? Is it warranted? Productive? Does it ever end?

Unfortunately, as the woman committed no real criminal act, Megan's parents can't seek justice through the court system. In that light, I can understand their desire to punish this woman in some way for being responsible for the death of their daughter. But they're being just as irresponsible as she was by allowing the cycle of revenge to continue. At what point in this does someone, one of these so-called adults, finally stop and say, "Okay, enough. Let's not compound this tragedy any further"?

The second video didn't go into detail about what Megan did to this woman's daughter, other than to say she stopped being friends with her, but regardless of what happened between the two girls, was it worth the parents taking it so far? As a responsible parent, the mother should have just tried talking to Megan and her parents, explaining how her daughter was hurt because of the end of the friendship. Or, explaining to her daughter that friends come and go, and even though it hurt, she should move on and try to make new friends. Taking it upon herself to exact revenge on a 13 year old is idiotic at best; the whole matter is basically a trivial issue between grade school kids that most likely would have worked itself out without the parents' interference. Maybe Megan's parents never should have allowed her on Myspace in the first place, especially if the only reason was "because all her friends were there", but that in no way excuses what the other mother did. The truly sickening part in all this is that the mother feels no remorse for the fact that a child is dead, and further smears Megan's name by saying she deserved what happened. That's inhuman.

Wanting revenge, to me, is a natural reaction to having been wronged by someone. But part of being a mature adult means stopping to think about the possible outcomes of seeking revenge, and realizing that your own hurt feelings aren't the be all and end all. If one decides to go forward with plans of revenge, then the cycle will continue until someone is strong enough to just let things go and go on with their lives.
    sig by Pyro Psycho

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2