Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Results 81 to 88 of 99

Thread: The "N" word!

  1. #81
    Otaku ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives may be famous one day ska_lives's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    174
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Re: The "N" word!

    That word is one which draws alot of attention no matter how its used, context used in, or who its used by. Myself being from the south where all the mess seems to still go gown frequently believe the word is an archaic term which only prolongs its tenure in the vernacular of the world culture because of ignorance's inability to let it die. people who use this word in a derogatory manner are ignorant, nuff said. Others who use it as slang with friends of the same ethnic back ground i can let slide..or even people who arent of that ethnicity who only use it to relate and have a good time with people who are of the originating ethnic bg. that being said however i still think its foolish to use this word at all, there is no positive aspect to it at all. its not a term of endearment, its not a word to be used on friendly occasions, it is nothing but a foul piece of english which does no more than further negative ideas and stereotypes. if people stopped using it to make money and what have you and just ceased in the use of this word the world would be a better place plain and simple. you see even when it is used in reference to a person who encompasses the most negative aspects of the word, it is still wrong, because no matter what some may think noone is better than anyone else, and have to remember that every ethnicity and culture has its share of bad apples.
    if this last little bit kind of went off on a tangent and the idea it was trying to convey was lost please let me know and i will fix it.

    Yo, this beast was by Lowshuwa
    my drawings

  2. #82
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: The "N" word!

    Quote Originally Posted by ska_lives View Post
    Others who use it as slang with friends of the same ethnic back ground i can let slide..or even people who arent of that ethnicity who only use it to relate and have a good time with people who are of the originating ethnic bg. that being said however i still think its foolish to use this word at all, there is no positive aspect to it at all. its not a term of endearment, its not a word to be used on friendly occasions, it is nothing but a foul piece of english which does no more than further negative ideas and stereotypes. .
    I agree with this actually. Which is why I said in the begining I view it as profanity. It isn't pretty, it almost feels wrong leaving my lips at times. If I say it in a public place (Which I try not to do), I'm almost certain people are gathering dozens of negative opinions of me.

    But, it slides right out without thought when I'm around others who use it, and who know me well. It still is profane though, Like if I was hanging out with my friends and we all sat around and swore like drunken sailors.... And, I am actually known to have quite the potty mouth at times.

    But just like every other profane word... this word isnt going anywhere. For me to stop using it amongst people who have a common understanding, in order to make the world a better place... That would be silly. Like saying if one person quit smoking pot, that would end the war on drugs. Its too late for that now... This word is even becoming GLAMOURIZED when it is used by celebs. This word will not be moved, especially after gaining an acceptable reputation by the standards of many.
    ... Not Ever Again...

  3. #83
    Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Close to the edge or in my dreams
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: The "N" word!

    The "n" word is so repulsive in many people eyes from different background & culture... And yea' you have some black people who think the same way of the word, but that is many things in society with that being one of them... I just don't like people catergorize you for using that term, but again that's society... Like I said before in my last post I tend to use it here & there amongst people who embrace the term, but I know when not to use it... That seperates me from the ignorant ones...

    And for the people who may not understand why blacks use it amongst each other you may never will, but understand that it is not to down grade one another, it is not to rebel against our forefathers/mothers & the ones who fought for our freedom... It is more of an acceptance of where we came from as a people & what we can do as a people... I know there is going to be someone who might say why, but again you may never understand... You just have to live someones life who use the term to get a full grasp on why they use it... Now you do have some who use it & can't really say why, but that is the people who don't think about why they use it in the first place & what it was meant for back then & now...

  4. #84
    Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Missouri, USA
    Posts
    3,339
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 26 Times in 25 Posts

    Re: The "N" word!

    Quote Originally Posted by Inuruto View Post
    The "n" word is so repulsive in many people eyes from different background & culture... And yea' you have some black people who think the same way of the word, but that is many things in society with that being one of them... I just don't like people catergorize you for using that term, but again that's society... Like I said before in my last post I tend to use it here & there amongst people who embrace the term, but I know when not to use it... That seperates me from the ignorant ones...

    And for the people who may not understand why blacks use it amongst each other you may never will, but understand that it is not to down grade one another, it is not to rebel against our forefathers/mothers & the ones who fought for our freedom... It is more of an acceptance of where we came from as a people & what we can do as a people... I know there is going to be someone who might say why, but again you may never understand... You just have to live someones life who use the term to get a full grasp on why they use it... Now you do have some who use it & can't really say why, but that is the people who don't think about why they use it in the first place & what it was meant for back then & now...
    Yes, but the smarter ones find acceptance thru other means. Not by using a word that never should be uttered by anyone. I mean theres a 1000 things you can do to find where you came from as a people & what we can do as a people. I guess i would have to be in your shoes because i don't see how using that word does that. All it does for me and many others is downgrades the image of black people.

  5. #85
    Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Friendly Fridley
    Posts
    1,477
    Thanks
    124
    Thanked 140 Times in 121 Posts

    Re: The "N" word!

    I've been thinking about this as of late... and I realize... That alot of times I talk like the people who surround me. And that does account for why I use the word a big chunk of the time. (Not that I havent done so on my own will). But I find it easier to communicate with people if you're doing so on the same level. And Im not saying I hang out with a bunch of ignorant people. But, its like kicking off your shoes after work. To a degree we're all downgrading, letting loose if you will.

    And Inuruto is right, It will be hard for you to get it.. People who can share this word without it being given or taken offensively. Are people who can relate to the pain of it when it IS used as a derogatory word. Like as if to say... "Hey I know how it feels to be societies 'Ni**a', and so do you, we arent really embacing the word... were embracing eachother THROUGH the word"
    ... Not Ever Again...

  6. #86
    Thanks for the memories princesslady may be famous one day princesslady may be famous one day princesslady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    In solitude
    Posts
    1,465
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 21 Times in 20 Posts

    Re: The "N" word!

    we are still talking about this? wow. anyway,
    i forgot what page shadokan said something but i don't feel like going back.
    I get what your saying but we turned it into something as a term of friendship. It's not like we are going around saying, "Oh hey what's up iggnorant retardded person" no. We turned it into something as a term of affection. And yes if a white person said that i would jump in a second. But we turned it into a "good" word used as a sign of acknowledgement. no one would have a problem if wee made up the word and called each other that. the white man made up that word and my aunt, who is extremely racist, agrees with me. She thinks we have every right to say that to each other as a people because we turned it from bad to good. The white people just made it up to shut us down. I say......well cant say it cuz imma start a riot but yall know

    Born to rule, raised to lead, taught to establish: The African Queen

  7. #87
    Otaku Mattness may be famous one day Mattness may be famous one day Mattness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, North Carolina
    Posts
    311
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Re: The "N" word!

    I like this topic. I have never used the "N" word because I feel that it is opressive. I do however wonder why some Afracian Americans use it when addressing each other. If it is insulting when I say it... that shouldn't change if somebody of that race says it. I have deen people get written up because they called somebody an "Oreo" when they were white and he is constantly teased by other Afracian Americans and they receved no punishment.


  8. #88
    Otaku Inuruto is off to a good start Inuruto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Close to the edge or in my dreams
    Posts
    363
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 17 Times in 15 Posts

    Re: The "N" word!

    Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Yes, but the smarter ones find acceptance thru other means. Not by using a word that never should be uttered by anyone. I mean theres a 1000 things you can do to find where you came from as a people & what we can do as a people. I guess i would have to be in your shoes because i don't see how using that word does that. All it does for me and many others is downgrades the image of black people.
    I can never change the views/thoughts or beliefs of another... All I can do is try to move the curtain or open the window on the outsider looking in... What i don't get is you keep saying the smart ones or the "smarter ones" choose not to use the means of that terminology... Find another way use of words you say... In some environments that term is endearment of acceptance or vice/versa acceptance of endearment... You have some people that don't accept the word I understand that as well as respect it... I wouldn't ever use the word around someone who doesn't condone it that's why I don't use it in public cause I know it's frowned upon... I wouldn't ever say someone isn't smart cause of their limited vocabulary either... What one choose to say or not doesn't make one less smart (it is just something you wouldn't say or would)...

    In some environments an extended vocabulary wouldn't get you any where... Yes' it is good to have, but in some cases you have to be street smart more than book smart... To have both is just a better chance on getting out that environment... Why that is maybe it's cause of like i said the environment... The surroundings, the schools, your family background, the surplus of things & lack there of & people in general you have to deal with on a daily basis... It is many things of that nature...

    And it is not really just a black thing on using that term... Many people think it is, but it is way more broaden than that... White people started it & black people ran with it... Turning it into a show of endearment, a buddie, a friend, a brotherhood amongst another... I used the term with whites & hispanics & they have as well... We understood enough of each other to feel the "brotherly love" so to say amongst each other... Did we all come from the same background no not really some was from the suburbs & others urban & some from rural towns, but we understood enough of each other & been through so much with each other of that nature... Like I said earlier we accepted the term amongst each other... They knew what it meant & why they use it for... They understood the use of the terminology...

    I guess my image is down graded, but I honestly think if you & many others was able to make money & get rich off that word you so horribly disgust you wouldn't think twice on using that term... I don't believe that your beliefs on the "wrong doing" to black people is that strong, but that is just my opinion & you are welcome to yours....

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: May 11, 2006, 01:55 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts