Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: The "N" word!

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The "N" word!

Well, from what I have interpreted from the countless movies I have seen in my life, the N word has been passed down generation to generation in a attempt not to forget. Probably foreseen in the Civil War, after a hundred yrs or so, the word would evolve into something we other races could pass down to our future generations through sitcoms, lifetime flicks, and other television shows.
    Kinda of a stupid way of doing it. This should be done in schools or by stories and history lessons passed down from parents/Grandparents to kids. I mean how does going around and calling each other Ni**er teach you about the history of this word and how it was used in the past.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    Kinda of a stupid way of doing it. This should be done in schools or by stories and history lessons passed down from parents/Grandparents to kids. I mean how does going around and calling each other Ni**er teach you about the history of this word and how it was used in the past.
    Considering how it is used, the whole historical aspect of it falls short. Since reference of how people actually used the term back then is being removed from society, history itself is being erased or censored. Huck Fin for example?

It classes we were taught never to repeat the word, and everytime a teacher were to read, they would just mumble and say, "N word = bad", and move on. But we would go over this subject time and time again, till the point in which the majority of lessons were covering the opression of races.

It should be taught in schools I suppose, but teaching to an extent in which you don't even want to hear the word "slave" again, unless it is in reference to someone who wasn't African, won't do much good. It is a lose lose situation, and deep down the world is moving on. There are just the given few who decide to hold on with unrelenting conviction and dedication. Why? Who the hell knows, some don't want progress or just want the guilt and special treatment to continually exist.

Just about anywhere you go you can hear these racist terms being spoken as if they were just general profanity, and by those whose races were opressed. Just think, what a kid being taught never to speak the word and consider it disrespect, recieves from such a situation as a group of black guys saying Ni***r whil casually walking down the street?

A joke? I sure consider this crap that. All it does is make me laugh just a little bit harder each time. Learn about it in history huh? That is just one lesson out of thousands that I learned, and making it into such a long one, only left the impression that will keep it near the bottom of my list in order of actual significance and relevance to everyday present life.

Having your black friends telling you and playfully ridiculing you, because you don't say it, doesn't exactly help the cause either.

Otaku halo3master may be famous one day halo3master may be famous one day halo3master's Avatar
    Thanks

the n word doesnt borther me at all nor does cracker i dont think about all that much i just see it as word only i see no disrespect in either word theres always words that will seprate races the bases of the two words are black and white those two words N word and C word are just racial terms that seprate two races they have other racial terms for other races just watch a show called carlos mencia on comedy central you see that using racial terms are funny you just shouldnt say them when your trying to disrespectfull

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post

Oh yeah, referring to words as a specific statement for only certain cultures or racists is pretty ridiculous. Of course a race war can go on about it but why bother? For example, if a black person were to use the N word, I have no problem using it either and that is the way it should be in my eyes. If it will just be considered profanity, so be it. I will treat it the same as any other, no exceptions.

I don't care who you are really, and I stand by my actions without regret. Hell, to be honest, just about every black friend or person I have come across has more than a dozen times told me flat out to say it with passion.
    See, heres MY thing. If a certain white people say it, it bothers me a little. Only because I know, that when a black person says it to another black person...
    It is likely that they both know the feeling of being descriminated against, for being african american.
    I feel like, if you don't fully understand it (I mean REALLY know the pain of it)... Then you shouldn't say it.

There are many different cultures in the US. And many cultures of people come here from other countries. With them, they bring certain traditions.
    Now unless I know a considerable amount about another culture, and can understand why it is they do what they do. I'm not gonna try to imitate them.
    When Africans came to the US as slaves. They were forced to ignore their traditions, or get them beat out of them. Generations later, its seems their are alot of self-proclaimed, pieced together, homade traditions. In my opinion, and maybe even unfortunately... The "N" word is one of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    I agree with you, don't get it either. I mean why use a word so lightly your race hated for so long. You don't see me talking with my friends and family and going, "Hey cracker how ya doing", or "hey Honky how your day going". If this word is this offensive to African Americans, they shouldn't want anyone to say it. Shouldn't matter if it said outside the race or not. It just shows utter disrespect to those who fought to get that word to not be used anymore.
    Every word, is decended from another word. The root of the "N" word, simply means black. If it weren't for people using it in hatred, it wouldn't be a slur. So alot of african american people use what used to be a hateful word. And yes, often times it is used very lightly. But whats so wrong with that? Afterall, most profanity is just using what used to be harmless words.. And turning them into something crude and offensive. Whats wrong with reversing that. Make something go from bad to good....
    ... Not Ever Again...

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Every word, is decended from another word. The root of the "N" word, simply means black. If it weren't for people using it in hatred, it wouldn't be a slur. So alot of african american people use what used to be a hateful word. And yes, often times it is used very lightly. But whats so wrong with that? Afterall, most profanity is just using what used to be harmless words.. And turning them into something crude and offensive. Whats wrong with reversing that. Make something go from bad to good....
    Use to be a hateful word? I thought the whole point was that it will forever be considered a hateful word? That is why people are apologizing on national television right? Being sued for millions, going to prison, losing jobs...the list the list.

The N word, no matter how you use it, was considered a racial slur in the beginning, considered such as now, and will always be. Where is the logic when you say that it being "reversed" is a good thing? Black people can say it, but white can't? Picking and choosing, delegating a specific race to a singular word is what? Not only would white people consider that pretty insulting, but quite a few black as well. Profanity is profanity and at no time did we use it in a positive manner in hopes the world would accept.

Words are just words huh? Profanity are just harmless little sounds that come out of a person mouth. What is that? We have accepted that words can damage just as well as sticks and stones for quite some time now and profanity/racial sluurs are absolutely no acception, even when made by the "supposedly" acceptions. I am so tired I can't recall if that is how you spell the word.

You aren't reversing anything by saying it, only insulting your race, anyone else of a different race, and adding to the problem. Well, thats the opinion of quite a few, and looking at television and spokeperson's, the opinion of many African American's as well.

Did I mention something about logic? I fail to see it in some statements, it just doesn't seem to exist in my opinion. Feel a little angry when a white person says it, but it is all laughs and giggles when a black person speaks? Yeah, that is proof enough that the negative has reversed to a positive.

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR SOMEONE TO POST SOMETHING ABOUT THE N-WORD SO I CAN ADD MY TWO CENTS, AND HERE IT IS. YAY!!!!

Okay, enough caps lock. >_<
    I used to tell people that I refuse to call anybody something that came off of a slave ship over 300 years ago. And I stood by it for a good 12-14 years. THEN I started hangin' out with more black people--I guess I wasn't black enough back then, but I am now for some reason. So, I got used to hearin' the n-word--I mean I was used to it before but I never really used it.

So, just recently (I'd say about 6 or 7 months ago) I started using it frequently. Only when I'm jokin' around though. If it's some random dude out on the street and he's actin' funny toward me, I usually tell whoever's with me, "This n****'s trippin'!!!" But I'm never like my son's grandfather. When that man speaks, all you hear is, "n****, n****, n****, n****!!!" LOL. No joke!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

In America it is traditionally thought that racism deals with superiority of one race over another. While racism can have an insinuation that one race is better then the other it doesn’t necessarily have to imply that. Racism is anytime when you make a biased judgment based on a person’s skin color or ethnicity.

I will also say that even though racism is very much based on skin color and ethnicity it is not bound to them. All are capable of racism and thus it is just as much racism if I call a person the “N”-word and mean it in a negative sense as it for a person to judge me negatively when I use that word if it isn’t explicitly known I meant it negatively. I know that may be a little hard to understand but let me explain.

Racism from the KKK member:
    KKK member calling a black person the “N”-word

Racism from the black person:
    Black person being offended when a white person calls them a “nigga” (in the same sense that another black person would have said it, which would mean “dude” or “bro”)

Both are equally as wrong as they are both forms of racism. While one may argue that “white” people have no right to the term it is equally as arguable that neither does black people. You cannot say it is ok for one set of people to be able to use a term and not for others. That is racism. I did not commit the hate crimes of past “white” people just as much as you have never dealt with their “hate” either. So it is very much racism to judge me based on my skin color when using certain terms.

But overall the whole concept is absurd why would anyone still use a word that has been so shrouded in history as a racial slur? That is the real issue.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post
    The N word, no matter how you use it, was considered a racial slur in the beginning, considered such as now, and will always be. Where is the logic when you say that it being "reversed" is a good thing? Black people can say it, but white can't? Picking and choosing, delegating a specific race to a singular word is what? Not only would white people consider that pretty insulting, but quite a few black as well. Profanity is profanity and at no time did we use it in a positive manner in hopes the world would accept.

Words are just words huh? Profanity are just harmless little sounds that come out of a person mouth. What is that? We have accepted that words can damage just as well as sticks and stones for quite some time now and profanity/racial sluurs are absolutely no acception, even when made by the "supposedly" acceptions. I am so tired I can't recall if that is how you spell the word.

You aren't reversing anything by saying it, only insulting your race, anyone else of a different race, and adding to the problem. Well, thats the opinion of quite a few, and looking at television and spokeperson's, the opinion of many African American's as well.
    Did you read the history of the word in the wikipedia encyclopedia? Indeed the ORIGIN of the "N" word.. was at one point as harmless as the color black, or meaning something dark.

And I never said profanity is harmless sounds from someones mouth. I said that what IS NOW profanity, often times originated as harmless words. You insult MY intelligence, yet I thought this was common knowledge!

Faggot, which comes from, fagot... which means "a bundle of sticks."
    Bitch: a female dog
    Ass: a donkey.
    Did you know the "F" bomb started as an acronym?!

These word were MADE to be profane, So why not take a profane word and make it ok to say lightly.

And why cant MY culture have a tradition (a word) that belongs to only them?
    ... Not Ever Again...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 12 ... LastLast