Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: The "N" word!

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The "N" word!

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    And why cant MY culture have a tradition (a word) that belongs to only them?
    No one said you can’t, but the word in question is one that ISN’T totally accepted as an ACCEPTABLE term for usage by your “culture” (It states so in that same article you are referring to) furthermore like I said that if you judge someone who isn’t part of your “culture” negatively when they use that same word as well. It is racism.

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

The "N" becomes more and more acceptable, thats the long and short of it. And when I say that I feel bothered by SOME white people saying it. it is because they do not UNDERSTAND the hate behind it, they've never felt it. So why should they be able to exploit it when its being said something in conversation?
    I'm not familiar with many native american traditions.... It would be mockery if I said. "Hey, I think I need to do a little rain dance"... And then I just start dancing. That would be offensive right? Well, so is saying the "N" word when you havent felt its pain.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Slam Dunk Da Funk Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai is making a name for themselves Soshi Kitai's Avatar
    Thanks

Meh, culture.

Why do girl's clothes get smaller and smaller as the years go by?

Why are we depending on technology more often?

It's culture.

It's how we "moved on". For those who find it offensive: Sorry, it was meant to be offensive... but if it doesn't involve you, you just voice opinions and not affect the one really offensed and the offenser.

It may have history, but so do all words. So do all holidays. So do all people.

So if there was a person who betrayed and screwed everyone's lives 100 years ago... you would go up to their descendant and kick their a**???
    I know it's not the same thing, but it depends on people's cultures of what they do with their history. If they want to use a word, then let them. If they want to disapprove of a word, let them. Let the culture be the judge of how they act.
    If you refuse that, you might as well waltz into every country and tell them what you think they're doing wrong.

Try to fight history, and you'll find that you're just a spec in it.

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by chiefblackhammer View Post
    But overall the whole concept is absurd why would anyone still use a word that has been so shrouded in history as a racial slur? That is the real issue.
    The reason is because it is shrouded in history, but yet it is used so casually by black people. Quite simple really. It could be considered an "OK" to whites, or an insult to whites allowing it to be used as symbolic.

The lesson starts with the guilty and should be contained by the innocent, thus removing the conflict. Instead it is being paraded around and used as blackmail apparently. I am not surprised that another million man march hasn't started, but with Bush at the mic saying "I have a dream".

Well, that is what I see surrounding me in the south anyways. Lots of angry people..sheesh. So serious...ahhh lol.

Anyways, why leave something so serious or keep it in the dark, when so many use it as a joke? Hell, most who feel that little heat of anger, haven't even experienced what their grandfathers and grandmothers did, or even their great great ancestors for that matter. Why should I give a crap when it obviously is happening now and I don't consider race a significant factor either? 'F' it man, plenty were worse off in my opinion anyways. Not to mention just about everyrace went through some traumatic occurence in history, so why should I care anymore or less for a single race?

So I just laugh and laugh. So serious. I almost feel like traveling back to Flint and having a laugh with my brothers. Yeah I said it, we all referred to each other as "brother", white or black, asian or mexican. One of the most racist places in the world and we still called each other Ni***rs. Not Niggas, but with the hard sound, we didn't walk on egg shells when we all knew we could spell.

This one is for you peach. Cracker isn't suppose to mean anything? What about all the other races? Is it just white people who anger you? Are you telling me that if a white person were to call you a Ni***r, you suddenly feel a couple hundred years worth of opression, but when someone black says it, it almost feels pleasantly nostalgic?

You see, that is something a white person can consider pretty insulting and racist. And they come across that kind of thing everyday. Of course it is different right?

Commander Ham Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer is making a name for themselves Chiefblackhammer's Avatar
    Thanks

The "N" becomes more and more acceptable, thats the long and short of it. And when I say that I feel bothered by SOME white people saying it. it is because they do not UNDERSTAND the hate behind it, they've never felt it. So why should they be able to exploit it when its being said something in conversation?
    I'm not familiar with many native american traditions.... It would be mockery if I said. "Hey, I think I need to do a little rain dance"... And then I just start dancing. That would be offensive right? Well, so is saying the "N" word when you havent felt its pain.
    The word is becoming more acceptable by those who have never felt the effects of its true racial slander. With time and as those who really suffered live no more it may be used freely without prejudice but like I said, it shouldn’t be confound to “certain” races for usage. That is racism.

As far as having issue with “white” people using it because they “don’t” understand the hate behind it.

Can you say you have "really" felt its pain? Can you say you have been beaten, raped, spit on, had your family killed, persecuted, sent to separate schools, not allowed to go in the same places as “whites.” Forced to work in fields under inhumane and most of the time tortuous situations? Looked down upon by a majority of the populous? Not allowed to own land or truly understand the word “free” All just because you are “black”?

Unless you’re 60+ honesty dictates an answer of “NO, I haven’t” which means you really don’t understand it yourself now do you? Because if you did you not only would NOT use the word, you would want it tabooed and forever banned for use.

I am not saying there isn’t still some sediment in the populous that is racist against black people but it isn’t anything like it was. Simply calling racial slurs or being “profiled” the same as “understanding the hatred” of the word is a joke and a slap in the face of those who truly suffered.

Keep in mind I am almost half American Indian, and the term nigger was also used towards my people. Most of my people where irradiated by the “white man” and I also know what it feels like to have people call me “Twinkie”, “Apple” and even “Sand Nigger” yet I don’t consider myself on the same level of “persecution” as those who walked the “Trail of Tears” so please don’t even try to equate yourself with those who lived the term “nigger”

P.S. Rain Dance all you want as far as I am concerned

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Im not trying to minimize what people went through before me. But just because I havent suffered the hatred behind the word to the same callibur of generations, doesnt mean that MY experiences, (or anyone els younger than 60) should be minimized either.

I have litterally had to fight of a man the size of a pro NFL player, because I refused to respond to him calling me a "Ni**er half breed". My eye was blackened, my lip bloodied. My family actually WAS refused service once when we went to a rural restaurant. Despite their lame excuses it was obvious their refusal was racially motivated.

And this is just a few instances among dozens! So yes, I KNOW the pain behind the word!
    ... Not Ever Again...

Leave me alone, fanboys! rematche is making a name for themselves rematche is making a name for themselves rematche's Avatar
    Thanks

that word doesn't both me at all from where i'm living...the philippines from a state called negros occidental where we're all called negros by foreigners and vise versa we called black foreigners a negro and the "n" word (the friendly gesture way not the other way around.), because it will be confusing to know who are you reffering to, the foreigners or us. it may be odd to some and mostly misunderstanding but this is how things works here. btw, flips aren't racists because most of us are part white, black, and yellow.

besides in here we hate the "i" word...ironically the original meaning of the word is, spanish born in the philippines but it means ignorant negro.

that picture of your dad reminds me of my favorite dead uncle and me.
    Last edited by rematche; Aug 03, 2007 at 11:50 AM.
    YYYEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!

Otaku Kazaf is off to a good start
    Thanks

Well no matter what racism still exists and will probably still exist many years to come. The "N" word has been used for a long time by White people to empower themselves against the likes of African Ameicans/Blacks. In order to make that word less powerful the Black man has taken it upon themselves to use that word and give it it's own meaning (slang for bro, or something). This way the White man isn't the only one using it and takes the power the "N" word used to have away.

I myself don't use racial slurs at all. it's not really cool. If you need to insult someone do it with different words and with a better reason than just someones race.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast