Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: The "N" word!

Devoted Otaku Tbaism may be famous one day Tbaism may be famous one day
    Thanks

Re: The "N" word!

Quote Originally Posted by Peach_follows View Post
    Im not trying to minimize what people went through before me. But just because I havent suffered the hatred behind the word to the same callibur of generations, doesnt mean that MY experiences, (or anyone els younger than 60) should be minimized either.

I have litterally had to fight of a man the size of a pro NFL player, because I refused to respond to him calling me a "Ni**er half breed". My eye was blackened, my lip bloodied. My family actually WAS refused service once when we went to a rural restaurant. Despite their lame excuses it was obvious their refusal was racially motivated.

And this is just a few instances among dozens! So yes, I KNOW the pain behind the word!
    I wonder if it would be insensative to say, "welcome to the world of general racism experienced by millions"? Hmm, I didn't feel anything from it, so I guess it wasn't that bad really. It sucks, it is staying, move on like the rest.

And DOZENS! aye? I have experienced it hundreds if not thousands because of my blood line, but I never implied, as you did, the PAIN of a singular word, cast from the lips of SOME. I don't doubt your little story, but I see some flaws regarding character and the so called PAIN which was inflicted.

I don't know about others, but I enjoy the notion where you learn from your parents and the world around you, allowing yourself to create something new. In other words, turn the other cheek. Don't do unto yourself what others have done to you. It is questionable how so much pain and anger can be associated with a single word when only a specific people or person's say it to you, but you yourself can say it without a seconds thought or pang of regret.

I certainly don't call my brother a yellow baby, rice ball, gook, or wetback. Why? Because it certainly does show disrespect to your fellow man, your heritage, your culture, and you yourself. The 'N' word, what a joke. I say it again and with some actual conviction.

I tried my hardest not to Cherry pick off you Chief, I may have a bit unconsciously, but props to you man. Rain Dance, Rofl, we laughed at that for hours one thanksgiving. Indian blood celbrating thanksgiving, I wonder if someone is laughing somewhere? <.< o.o >.>

Femmebot Rehab Colt Crouse Champion, Bookworm Champion, Hangman Champion, Connect 2 Champion Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows has become well known Peach_follows's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tbaism View Post

I don't know about others, but I enjoy the notion where you learn from your parents and the world around you, allowing yourself to create something new. In other words, turn the other cheek. Don't do unto yourself what others have done to you. It is questionable how so much pain and anger can be associated with a single word when only a specific people or person's say it to you, but you yourself can say it without a seconds thought or pang of regret.

I certainly don't call my brother a yellow baby, rice ball, gook, or wetback. Why? Because it certainly does show disrespect to your fellow man, your heritage, your culture, and you yourself. The 'N' word, what a joke. I say it again and with some actual conviction.

<.< o.o >.>
    What is your point? You'r culture has its own traditions I'm sure... If you dont wanna follow the example of MY cultures tradition... then dont!

My "little" story wasn't written to impress you. It was to inform you that If I chose to say a word ... that has been used in hate to degrade MY people. I can do so! Because when ~I~ use the word.. Its to bring joy, or a greeting, or even a sense of "brotherhood" if you will. Because THAT is what the word is actually becoming IN MY CULTURE.
    ... Not Ever Again...

Horror movies rule Graveyard Champion Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2 may be famous one day Familyguyfan2's Avatar
    Thanks

Post Re: The "N" word!

I don't think it should be used for slang anymore. Because some white people think they say it too. I heard about some bury the N word thing. I think the boondocks is cancelled Because of those civil rights guys the show uses the n word alot,but I don't care! Its funny.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

What is your point? You'r culture has its own traditions I'm sure... If you dont wanna follow the example of MY cultures tradition... then dont!

My "little" story wasn't written to impress you. It was to inform you that If I chose to say a word ... that has been used in hate to degrade MY people. I can do so! Because when ~I~ use the word.. Its to bring joy, or a greeting, or even a sense of "brotherhood" if you will. Because THAT is what the word is actually becoming IN MY CULTURE.
    *No offence intended by the words below*

DO you realize how stupid and ignorant that last comment makes African Americans seem. To say that word is becoming, is insulting to the black race, and i bet more African Americans would agree. I'm white, and even im a little offended.The fact that anyone would find it that way is sad, where there are countless other words like, Friend, pal, brother, commrad, and so on.

I bet most would be so disgusted by the idea its a cultural tradition, so insulting to your ppl. Personally i cant believe you said it.

Otaku sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl may be famous one day sangogirl's Avatar
    Thanks

i think using any word that is used as a degorative form to a specific race or ethnicity is wrong no matter who says it. the fact that people say this specific word is thought of as cool, simply some rap artist started using it here and there, but i still think its stupid and derogatorive. you don't see me saying wetback or spic to my people why would you put down your own kind? to me it is still demening and useless to say that no matter what the fads are these days.
    every rose has a thorn

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

I think anyone outside African-American should be punished if caught saying the 'N' word. I myself have only said it aloud once and had no idea how rude it was. That was a while back. I think that the word should be banned all together, because someone somewhere will find it offenseful no matter the circumstances. Of course, that will most likely not happen. It's a bad word. I don't like hearing it at all, even in a joke or something.
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dark angel swordsman View Post
    I think anyone outside African-American should be punished if caught saying the 'N' word. I myself have only said it aloud once and had no idea how rude it was. That was a while back. I think that the word should be banned all together, because someone somewhere will find it offenseful no matter the circumstances. Of course, that will most likely not happen. It's a bad word. I don't like hearing it at all, even in a joke or something.
    Well maybe if we punished everyone when they said it, it wouldn't be used so lightly today. When I played grand theft auto, I was like dam they say it that direct to there buddies? If someone called me cracker/Honky, I dont care if your White, black, yellow, friend, foe, id kick there ass.

Legendary Otaku Violent may be famous one day Violent may be famous one day Violent's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Miroku4444 View Post
    *No offence intended by the words below*

DO you realize how stupid and ignorant that last comment makes African Americans seem. To say that word is becoming, is insulting to the black race, and i bet more African Americans would agree. I'm white, and even im a little offended.The fact that anyone would find it that way is sad, where there are countless other words like, Friend, pal, brother, commrad, and so on.

I bet most would be so disgusted by the idea its a cultural tradition, so insulting to your ppl. Personally i cant believe you said it.
    Well I agree for the most part with you, I wouldn't say they are " stupid " but more ignorant. I mean I just don't understand why you'd say it to each other when no African American would ever say that word to each other 50-70 years ago... its plain ignorance to say a word that your grand father or grand mother fought to get it cleaned away from you as you grew up and to have a good life. I've actually heard from some of the older African Americans in my neighborhood that they hate hearing the word said like its nothing. I really don't know how African Americans came about to say the n word as a " Hi " to their buddies and what not, but I mean why would such a word be a " Hey, buddy " or " Hows it going " I mean its a racist slur against the African Americans downing them why would you go saying to each other its like me going to another Asian and going " Hey g**k hows it goin " I just don't understand how you can say it.

THE RULES!

I'm on my grind in search to find whats on my mind, its one of a kind!

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast