+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Stadium or Better Schools??

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Question New Stadium or Better Schools??

So, I've been speaking on this subject with tons of people. Now I want to hear your opinion. The Minnesota Twins just had a groundbreaking cermony for the new baseball stadium that's gonna be built by 2010. I feel like that's some BS! We've had several schools close and art and music has been pulled from several other schools--not to mention our teachers are highly underpaid.

My mother is a teacher, and I used to work as an educational assistant. We both feel like building a new stadium while our educational system is crumbling is pointless. Our children are doomed to dumb assed-ness and douche-baggery unless the way our government decides to spend our money changes.

We've already got three arenas/stadiums. Do you think that a fourth stadium is neccessary? If you had the power to make a decision for the greater good of your state, would you choose better schools, or a new stadium that probably won't get halfway filled during baseball season?

Legendary Otaku divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment may be famous one day divine_punishment's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: New Stadium or Better Schools??

Quote Originally Posted by atomik_sprout View Post
    So, I've been speaking on this subject with tons of people. Now I want to hear your opinion. The Minnesota Twins just had a groundbreaking cermony for the new baseball stadium that's gonna be built by 2010. I feel like that's some BS! We've had several schools close and art and music has been pulled from several other schools--not to mention our teachers are highly underpaid.

My mother is a teacher, and I used to work as an educational assistant. We both feel like building a new stadium while our educational system is crumbling is pointless. Our children are doomed to dumb assed-ness and douche-baggery unless the way our government decides to spend our money changes.

We've already got three arenas/stadiums. Do you think that a fourth stadium is neccessary? If you had the power to make a decision for the greater good of your state, would you choose better schools, or a new stadium that probably won't get halfway filled during baseball season?

If you already have one stadium, why do you need to waste millions of tax dollars for a new one? There are so many better uses for that money! Why not improve the schools?!?!?!?! Argh!

Fish Fingers & Custard Ice Hockey Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Mini Putt 3 Champion, Ant Tracks Champion, Jungle Hunt Champion, Madnetics Champion, Manole Champion, Blokken Champion, Fast Food Fiasco Champion, Shapes Hifters Champion, Mud and Blood: Vietnam Champion HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice is making a name for themselves HolderOfTheDarkChalice's Avatar
    someplace where the only light is the moon above
    Thanks

i disagress the school system where i live is the opisite
    they are like 6 grade school 3 high school and a few middle
    schols in one city near me becuase the teachers are OVER
    paid i mean there asking for 100 mil for school stuff and they
    want to remove sports so they can have more room for more
    important things as they put it.

but as for where yo live i think the money is best used for school
    but not to the extent to where you have more school building than
    you have kids
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and all your demons
    I'll be the one to protect you from a will to survive and a voice of reason
    I'll be the one to protect you from your enemies and your choices son
    They're one in the same, I must isolate you...
    Isolate and save you from yourself

Mathematical!! Bugz Champion, Ant Bully Champion, Chainsaw the childern Champion, 3D Net Blazer Champion, Cricket Challenge Champion, Big Uglies Champion, Body Check Champion, Desktop Fishing Champion, All Star Skate Park Champion, Chuckie Egg Champion, Birdy Champion, Anthrax Jelly Champion, Air Typer Champion, Word Pads Champion, Crash Test Dummy Curling Champion, The Mini Jump Game Champion, Chairlift Challenge Champion, Astroboy vs One Bad Storm Champion, Fight Man Champion, Blot In Hell Champion, Beeku Adventure Champion, Connect2 Champion, Atomica Champion, Cannonball Follies 2 Champion, Bada Boing Champion, BeachDefence Champion, Alkie Kong 2 Champion atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout has become well known atomik_sprout's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by HolderOfTheDarkChalice View Post
    i disagress the school system where i live is the opisite
    they are like 6 grade school 3 high school and a few middle
    schols in one city near me becuase the teachers are OVER
    paid i mean there asking for 100 mil for school stuff and they
    want to remove sports so they can have more room for more
    important things as they put it.

but as for where yo live i think the money is best used for school
    but not to the extent to where you have more school building than
    you have kids
    That's the funny part. The last time we had more school buildings than we did children to fill those schools, I was in the fifth grade. That was like 17 years ago!

Our schools have been over-crowded since about 2000. They keep closing schools, forcing kids to squeeze in the little space they have left, and cutting budgets to eliminate sports, music and other arts and electives.

Newbie rikus demonic lover is off to a good start rikus demonic lover's Avatar
    Thanks

WOW that's like seriously crazy why would a school need so many stadiums? I mean ok so I live here in California and like sports is our thing but we don't have a bunch of stadiums set up in every single school! I mean that's just plain dumb! Ok so you get a scholarship for a good sports team SO WHAT! But in order to get the scholarship you need a what? A HIGH LEARING EDUCATION DUH!!!!! Anyways thats just my opinion.
    I wish a life of a love of a life. Send a light to through the darkest of nights. Let a kiss fly from the heart. Love me like you loved me in our past lives. Send this pain back to me these cold lonely nights. Haunt all my fanasties leave all my dreams shadow yourself once again into me....

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by rikus demonic lover View Post
    WOW that's like seriously crazy why would a school need so many stadiums? I mean ok so I live here in California and like sports is our thing but we don't have a bunch of stadiums set up in every single school! I mean that's just plain dumb! Ok so you get a scholarship for a good sports team SO WHAT! But in order to get the scholarship you need a what? A HIGH LEARING EDUCATION DUH!!!!! Anyways thats just my opinion.
    No!! No, no, no!!!

The Minnesota Twins (MLB=Major League Baseball) are getting a new stadium!
    The schools are suffering because of it.

Newbie rikus demonic lover is off to a good start rikus demonic lover's Avatar
    Thanks

Oh ok...Well then let me um rewrite everything then.
    It's great that their building a new stadium.
    But why should the schools suffer for it?
    Why don't they just add on to the school?
    Why don't they just add the school and the staduim together?
    So the school won't suffer why don't they have a fundraiser or something?
    I remember last year we need new everthing.But mostly new books.
    So we did a really big fundraiser since the school district wouldn't pay for it.
    (sorry about the message before)
    I wish a life of a love of a life. Send a light to through the darkest of nights. Let a kiss fly from the heart. Love me like you loved me in our past lives. Send this pain back to me these cold lonely nights. Haunt all my fanasties leave all my dreams shadow yourself once again into me....

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Though do keep in mind that a new Stadium does represent a opportunity for increased tax revenue due to the side-effects of the economy, (e.g. increased merchandise and restaurant sales, parking fees, etc.) which could result in long term increased funding for schools and other local government projects...

In the current debate for building a new 49er Stadium in the city of Santa Clara (in the heart of the Silicon Valley), the environmental impact report claimed that the new Stadium could impact the local economy with as much as 60 million dollars of increased economic activity per year. (though how they came up with this figure is subject to debate)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast