Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The Newer and better cars

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: The Newer and better cars

Emissions test used to be $5.00 and than it went up to $750 and now it went $27.50 here in arizona , out here they going methol refining plant more cleaner burning fuel because they price of foregin oil has gone out control
    the new fuel will burn more cleaner less more emissions too
    besides why should anyone have to put up with the State's Emission testing anyway , the emission testing is going to end some time in the future
    thier just in to make money and they don't care about the air.
    the state emissions testing will keep rising the price of emission testing until car owners get very sick of them.
    I called the state dept of wieghts and measures on the one emssions station
    because after all the repair shop I went to my Emissions fix and the the tested at the shop and good, but the state emmisions equipment was not calbrated right.
    anyway with the tech in newer cars coming soon ,It's best to farewell to Emission testing and good riddings.

You have a right to tell them you do emissions on tech cars
    because it won't show up on thier piece of crap equipment....

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

you complaining about a 27 dollar smog check? lol geez man, we've been paying 60 bucks for Smogs in Los Angeles for who knows how long...and its done every 2 years or when you sell a car...sorry to hear about you getting riped off like that...but as more and more cars hit the road, the test will keep getting tighter and tighter. the older cars will fail, and will be taken off the roads as newer cleaner cars come to market...
    Don't Panic

Banned Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist may be famous one day Manga artist's Avatar
    Thanks

True , But I think only mechanics should give emission test at least you would know what's causing the problem, My grandpa was a mechanic
    I bet with new techogy in the newer cars you have to keep up,
    I always like fuel injection engines the your standard carbrators ones
    but you have to admit that emission testing can be a fustrating and very annoying...

??* Judge and Executioner ??* White Van Man Champion, Home Run Derby Champion, Mahjongg sport Champion, Jewel Champion, The Asteroids Champion koga23 may be famous one day koga23 may be famous one day koga23's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Manga artist View Post
    besides why should anyone have to put up with the State's Emission testing anyway , the emission testing is going to end some time in the future
    thier just in to make money and they don't care about the air.
    Why is it sound like your ranting ?

Anyway the State's Emission testing is in place to keep cars emission in check, Plus how can it damage your car ?? Most 1996 and newer cars,light trucks and SUVs receive on-board diagnostic (OBD) emissions tests.Which all that is the inspector connects your vehicle's internal computer which continuously monitors the engine and emissions controls, then downloads it to another computer.Which is much faster than dynamometer tailpipe tests for older cars.

All this is in place to take car's off the road that can not pass and are spewing to much co2 in to the air.Which helps out people with breathing problems/ the environment even if it is a little at a time.
    Last edited by koga23; Jan 27, 2008 at 04:51 PM.
    ....Player Killer....
    ??* "There is nothing to fear but F.E.A.R. it self -(F.E.A.R) " ??*

Thanks

Well Thier trying to make cleaner burning cars and cleaner burning fuels and I say good for them , Let them do it more power to them because I'm all for the green cars , I think thier cool does anyone would love to have a green car?

Otaku magic soccer Champion, Badger Racing Champion, Penalty Master Champion, Mouse Wars Champion, Poopshoot Champion, RV Cart Dart Champion, Park The Caravan Champion, Radio Rampage Champion, Roman Rumble Champion, Catcho Champion, Planarity Champion, Dead eye puzzle Champion, Jurassic Realm Champion, Schatzgraeber Champion, Quick Brick Champion, Cannonball Follies 3 - Cold Front Champion, Dungeon Hunt Champion Jepray is off to a good start Jepray's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by koga23 View Post
    Why is it sound like your ranting ?

Anyway the State's Emission testing is in place to keep cars emission in check, Plus how can it damage your car ?? Most 1996 and newer cars,light trucks and SUVs receive on-board diagnostic (OBD) emissions tests.Which all that is the inspector connects your vehicle's internal computer which continuously monitors the engine and emissions controls, then downloads it to another computer.Which is much faster than dynamometer tailpipe tests for older cars.

All this is in place to take car's off the road that can not pass and are spewing to much co2 in to the air.Which helps out people with breathing problems/ the environment even if it is a little at a time.

dude i dont think you know what your talking about...the cars OBD system if its newer than 95 its OBD2 is not an emissions testing system...it will not tell you the gas levels in parts per million that exit the tail pipe. its not as easy as plug and play...not by a long shot...I come from Cali and we have some strict emission regulations. new cars get a 6 year pass on smogs, after that you test every 2 years or when you sell a car...unless its stated by the state all cars go in a dyno to test emissions under load with the drive train in gear...certain cars that have full time all wheel drive or with traction control that wont turn off only get the 2speed idle test...

the OBD2 system does keep track of certain basic emissions throught the use of O2 sensors or air/fuel sensors sometimes before and after the cat. the car also always runs in a closed loop rich/lean cycle...the o2 senses the oxygen level in the pipe and adjust the fuel in response to it...its always doing a YoYO action of rich to lean, this helps the Catalytic converter do its job...but the OBD check during smog is to make sure there are no DTC's in the system, Diagnositc trouble codes found will automaticly fail a car...

the harmful emissions are NOX or nitrogen oxides, and Hydrocarbons or unburned fuel...if your car is running right, no problems and really efficent then out of your muffler will come 2 byproducts...H2O and CO2....yeah co2 is a green house gas but until they think of something better were stuck with this outcome...

please dont say how easy or fast something is until you really know what is involved in doing it...actualy i dont take customer that tell me how easy the repair to there car is...if they know so much they should fix it themselves...
    Don't Panic

Thanks

anything can cause a high emissions
    but yet it should be fix , but seriously the state really needs to hire cerifeld auto techs or mechanics to run the state emmision tests
    that way the poor car owner find out what's causing the problem

Thanks

yeah, wait till your state takes a page out of the cali emissions book...you'll get the licenced and trained techs but its gonna cost you more per smog....figure if you ever end up with our system of smog, its gonna cost between 50-70 dollars a smog check...once every 2 years and every year it gets harder to make the car pass...i drive a 83 lincoln town car...so its not like i drive a nice new car. it was dirt cheap and gets me to work and back home...but it also passes smogs rather easly i just pray my smog pump doenst fail cause that will be the end of this bucket... its not worth the cost of looking for one to replace it...
    Don't Panic

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast